LOCATION DOES NOT GET BETTER.
BEST TWO HOMES AT SHASTA NEXT TO EACH OTHER.
Our Shasta Lakeshore Retreat consists the two best lakefront homes next to each other on Lake Shasta. These solid 5 star rated homes (see 75+ reviews on the individual VRBO sites and our web site. This is a special place for all to enjoy on the BEST lake in California (FULL IN 2016, 2017 and 2018, always flat water easy to find, 80-90 degrees in summer, 365 miles of shoreline) and located on the most desirable part of the lake (upper Sacramento arm in the wonderful community of Lakehead). These lake houses can be rented together for a party as great a 24 guests or separately as Retreat #1 (VRBO# 755925) or Retreat #2 (VRBO#926144). If additional space is needed, we know the owners of the 3 bedroom, 3 bath home steps away directly across the street which sleeps another 12 and another smaller home next door. Although it is not lakefront, it is right across the street for larger parties.
Our two homes are right next to each other and are the two closest to Sugarloaf Marina via a short walk. Both homes are well maintained, bright and have the best views in the area. Hardwood floors, big windows and large decks to enjoy the views. Please book early if interested in our unique homes on the lake....best 1 year ahead.
- 7 bedrooms, 4 full baths, Two Family/Kitchen main Areas and a media/kids room
- 4 large beautiful Lakeview decks (two brand new) with mature tree shading (upper and lower floor) and even water misters for the warmest days. View of lake, marina, mountains and wildlife from Decks.
- Easy RV/Boat Parking, plenty of parking for multiple cars/boats.
- Quiet family vacation neighborhood
- Two hot tub/spas
- Boat launch is very short drive (less than 1/2 mile)
- Marina has great boat slips for $25 a night (call to book ahead). Great way to enjoy lakefront vacationing. Leave the boat...Walk back and forth.
- Although water does drop like any reservoir, you can always see the lake and marina from decks (no houses in front as we are on the shoreline).
- Six large HD flat screen TVs and DVRs (DirectTV)
- Internet wifi...in both homes.
- MicroCell for ATT Cell Phones
- Two sets of Washer/Dryers
- Retreat #1 (VRBO 755925) includes
- TOP FLOOR at driveway level (only small step up from deck) including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch in living area is a pull out and sleeps 2. Also master bedroom with queen bed. Bathroom. Largest of two decks with table, chairs, gas firepit and gas BBQ.
- LOWER FLOOR includes a bedroom with a queen bed, another bedroom with two twin beds, full bathroom, family/media room with pull out couch. This room walks out to second deck with spa/hot tub plus views of the lake and property. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- Retreat #2 (VRBO 926144) Offers:
- MIDDLE FLOOR at driveway level including kitchen, dining area and living area with big windows and great views. This is the main room. Couch, Big Chair, TV, Wood Fireplace, Bar Sitting and full bath. Also a large master bedroom with king bed, TV and romantic sitting area with lake views and a full bathroom. Large deck spanning the entire back of house. Gas BBQ, gas firepit, Two Patio Table plus 12 Chairs and 2 Bar Stools at the View Bar.
- TOP FLOOR includes a good sized bedroom with a queen bed plus a second large loft/room with four full size beds and a TV. Both rooms have great views of the lake. Note that these stairs are steeper than normal. Need to be careful with elderly/small children.
- BOTTOM FLOOR includes a 4th Bedroom/den with its own private entrance and great views of the lake. Includes a TV and a futon that can sleep 2 more. There is a cement patio outside of this room. This room has a queen size bed. Hot tub.
- Location offers summer temperatures on the decks and around the houses that are about 10-15 degree less than just up the hill at one of the other rentals because of mature trees/shade and proximity to lake. This is a BIG plus for Shasta in the Summer!
- Air conditioners, ceiling fans, extra fans if needed, heater, wood pellet stove, fireplace.
- Watch deer and other wildlife every day as you sit on the deck enjoying your coffee in the morning or your drink of choice in the evening.
- Path including steps to edge of Lake (when full)
- Seasonal Rushing Creek through Retreat #1 into lake
- There are also endless back country roads for ATVs and hunters. We drive our ATVs directly from the cabin down the road to the dirt road.
- There two homes have many recent upgrades include (Internet, HD TVs, Painted Exterior, Painted Interior, New Roof, New Wood Shutters, Blinds and Shades throughout, Enlarged Photos on Canvas of local area throughout the home, upgraded bar stools, some new windows, and a two new decks). Plus a brand new stove and large refrigerator in Retreat 2.
- ADDITIONAL PHOTOS (over 200) can be found on our web site. Search for "Shasta lakeshore retreat"
Notes: this is a wonderful place but there are a couple things we want to make sure our guests understand:
1. Although Lake Shasta is the best lake for watersports, swimming, fishing and general boating in California, it is a reservoir. The water is let out all year long into the Sacramento river which supplies water to many parts of the state. This combined with low rain fall or drought years can drive the lake level down significantly. This pushes our distance from the lake house to the water out as the level drops. This can be significant. Fortunately even in terrible drought years (like 2015), the house still has a view of the lake (unlike some parts of the lake which dry up entirely). The lake has been full the past two years and expect 2018 will be the same.
2. In drought conditions (not past two years) the lower water levels might make the boat ramp several hundred yards further and will make the walk to the marina a little longer. At times the walk can be steep to the marina when water level is very low. After 4 years of drought (Fall 2015) lake still had plenty of water for watersports and sightseeing. Not an issue at all like most lakes in California. Boat ramp and marina in front of our house remained open. It still takes us 45-60 minutes to drive our boat at speed from one end to the other.....There was plenty of of GREAT water. In 2016 it filled up!
3. The decks are high off the ground. Although they have railings as you would expect, if you have children, you need to watch them all the time outside as a fall from the upper deck would be a serious or life threatening fall. Also the slope behind the house has a trail to the water's edge (when lake full) but it is steep and young children should not go alone.
4. The stairways in each home are steep. If you have elderly staying with you, we do not recommend having them stay on the lower floor. We recommend they stay on the upper floor and use that bedroom.
Rent them both through one transaction using this VRBO account....or individually.