This cottage is located on a beach front property on the corner of Shore Road and Race Track Drive in historic Townbank offers such a perfect beach stay you will want to return year after year! Whether you are looking for a family vacation, couple's retreat or simply to reconnect with a group of friends, this property is equipped and located to provide wonderful memories that will last your lifetime.
This is a two bedroom, one full bath home, which comfortably sleeps six, offers an amazing view above the dunes from the sun room for daily dolphin and sunset watching. Townbank is affectionately known as “Sunset Beach” and has spectacular sunset viewing every night. People come from all around just to watch the grand colors provided nightly as the sun sinks slowly into the horizon over the water. Staying here ensures you the premium, unobstructed view of this daily event from both inside the home or the fenced in yard at no additional cost!
The home has air conditioning window units, however guests equally enjoy opening the many windows to fully experience the ocean breeze, peaceful lapping waves and sea gulls beckoning you to enjoy your day on the quiet, non-crowded beach which awaits just outside your door. This area is perfect for strolling about on the beach (no beach tags required!) or biking along the safe shore road that runs directly in front of the cottage.
The Cape May-Lewis Ferry is just over a mile down the road. If you want to hit the boardwalk at night, Cape May is 10 minutes by car and Wildwood is just as close. Nearby there are wineries, shops, galleries and gourmet restaurants. Harpoons on the Bay (formerly Harpoon Henry's), a beach front restaurant and tiki bar, is just a few blocks walk down the road and a great place to dine in a Key-West type environment if you aren't in the mood to cook! You can have a few drinks and simply walk home; no need to worry about driving! A quick trip to the market is only a few minutes by car. Major highways are accessible just outside of town, yet traffic is not a problem while staying in Townbank. The “small town feel” is comforting while strolling or biking throughout the town.
The house is comfortably furnished for your enjoyment and offers updated kitchen appliances, two bedrooms plus additional sleeping in a pull-out sofa bed. The eat in kitchen comfortably seats six and offers views directly out the sliding glass doors. The grand deck offers relaxing seating while overlooking the water, or just a place to hang-out and watch the dolphins or sunsets.
The cottage sits in a large, white picket fenced in yard and offers plenty of space for outdoor fun. Our property is actually four lots and we only have two cottages in lieu of four, so there's ample room.Beach access is simply through the gate,down the short, gently sloping dune and you are on our quiet, peaceful, non-crowded beach. It's easy to go back and forth from your “beach camp” to access a snack, drink or the bathroom as you enjoy the tranquil setting of what seems to be a private beach.
Booking your vacation couldn't be simpler! Check our calendar for availability and rate that are extremely reasonable for beach front property.
* Air conditioning and ceiling fans
* The kitchen is equipped with gas stove/oven, refrigerator/freezer with ice maker, toaster oven, microwave, general cleaning supplies and all dishes, glasses, pots and pans, utensils you will need.
* The living room offers a large TV with cable, WiFi, two comfortable recliners and many wonderful books to peruse during your stay.
* Bedrooms offer comforters so simply bring your own linens for two full size beds.
* The bathroom has a large tub/shower combination and a brightly lit vanity area however, you will need to provide your own bath towels.
* We provide a couple of beach chairs, umbrella and offer outdoor seating and eating for your enjoyments. Just bring beach towels and you are ready to hit the sand and water!
* While there are no laundry facilities on the premises, we do have an outdoor clothes line to dry your beach items. There is a clean, lovely laundromat within a five minute car ride.
* The most amazing amenity we offer is the world class SUNSET and dolphin watching from the privacy of your beach front sun room! It just can't be beat!