Chain of Lakes Pool Home with Beach and Boat House
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-5 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Winter Haven house description
The Lake House at 1443- At over 7,000 square feet, this two story 5 1/2 Bedroom, 5 Bath home is a great way to escape to the warmth and solitude of Central Florida. A privately gated yard leads to a circular drive with a grand entrance. Park your car in the shade of a large live oak or pull into the 3-car garage which adjoins the large game room with 8' pool table.
Next is the spacious, modern kitchen, separated from the combination Dining and Living “Great Room” with and arched window. The Great Room overlooks the pool and beautiful Lake Roy. Here you might enjoy the Yamaha Player Piano, filling the home with sound as will the Wifi accessed Whole House Entertainment and Security system.
The adjacent Theater Room boasts a 14 foot diagonal screen with surround sound (for night viewing only) that can be enjoyed from the Great Room, yard and pool... even from the other side of the lake!
Down the hall to the Master Suite, you’ll enjoy a large custom Steam Room with two Rain-Forest showers, matching wash basins, a Closet Room, a private deck overlooking the lake and private access to the pool area. Down the hallway the other two Bedrooms share a bathroom, one through the walk in closet, one down the hall.
Upstairs is also part of the Great room, as it is viewed from above from two spacious loft areas, bridged together over the dining room. Both offer amazing vistas of the lake, pool and front yard. The first loft includes a wet bar, entertainment center and exercise/dance floor and access to the upper-level lanai. Walk across the indoor bridge to a second loft that offers a secluded getaway for reading, office work and a foldout couch for another place to rest.
Also at the top of the stairs are two large guest suites, one with a lake view and open air access to the upper lanai, the other is larger, with a view of the front yard and drive.
- 7000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Limited Accessibility:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 12-18
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Game Room:
- DVD Player:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
The Lake House is located on the highly rated Winter Haven Chain of Lakes, 16 lakes, hundreds of miles of shoreline, Restaurants, Bars, airports, shops and attractions all accessible with your boat...moreless
- Water View:
- Lake View:
- Beach View:
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Location, Location... Only minutes away from Legoland Florida by either Boat or Car, you can also explore over 120 miles of shoreline through the Winter Haven Chain of 16 Lakes (up to 26 lakes once the lock is completed.), with access to shops, restaurants, theaters, bars, etc. The Winter Haven Chain has been listed by CNN Travel and Leisure as one of the 'Top Ten Lake Vacations in the US'. Only steps away from the nation's top Wakeboard Coach, Dave Briscoe's Ride Center, where you might learn a new art or hone your already developed skills of wakeboarding and waterskiing. This part of Central Florida is Aviation Central, home to Fantasy of Flight Museum and aviation experience, Sun ‘n Fun Museum and Fly In, Tailwheels Etc. Flight School and Biplane Rides, Jump Florida Skydiving and Florida Skydive Center. If Seaplanes are your passion, stay at The Lake House and enjoy a short flight to Jack Brown's Seaplane Base, which is just across town, to learn to fly or to add another rating. Michael, You should get an invoice for your final payment in a couple weeks. It's due by 2/21/2012. if you'd prefer, I could go ahead and send it to you now. Let me know if that is the case. Regarding restaurant recommendations, well, we'd have to recommend our own! Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, visit www.ChaletSuzanne.com to learn more about it. Opened in 1931 by my grandmother, Bertha Hinshaw, Dee and I are Third Generation Owners. Chalet Suzanne, after decades topping out the dining charts for the state, was the very first inductee to the Florida Trend Golden Spoon Hall of Fame and has been honored with countless other awards through the over eighty years it's been serving discriminatiing gastromonists. So, with that in mind, you'll understand why we tend to avoid recommending chain restaurants, of which there are plenty around. For evening seafood, Harry's Old Place is very popular. We also enjoy the lunchtime cooking of Chef TT at the Saltwater Grill, across the street from Legoland. For Italian fine dining visit Arrabella's in downtown Winter Haven or L'incontro in Lake Wales. For the best in Southern Comfort food go to Fred's Country Kitchen for breakfast and lunch. For affordable steaks, go to Norby's in Lake Wales, or Manny's Chop House in Lake Wales or Winter Haven. Andy's Igloo is a great old fashioned diner with good food and ice cream floats. If you're out boating on the chain of lakes go by Harborside restaurant on Lake Shipp. Sonny's or Shack's are both great place for barbeque and very family friendly with their 'Family Feasts' that will take care of the whole household. This part of Florida offers so much for families to experience. For more opportunities explore our area online. Thank you for considering us as your Travel Headquarters for your central Florida Vacation...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful Vacation Rental
Beautiful Vacation Rental
Wow! This home was beautiful and very clean. Everything in this home is upgraded. There is five bedrooms and five bathrooms all with upgraded towels, toiletries, and furnishings. The beds are all fabulous, clean, and upgraded (i.e. memory foam, adjustable, etc.). The owners truly prepared for every small detail from the theater room with large projector screen, fun game room with pool table, ping pong, and darts, quiet library upstairs, piano, and the fabulous pool in the backyard. The house backs up to a lake and has a boathouse that kids can fish. In addition, it is very close to Walmart, Publix, restaurants, Bok Gardens, and Lego Land. In fact, it only took minutes to reach any of these...very convenient. Overall, this house is upgraded, fun, and convenient. A definite pick in the Winter Haven area. It's wonderful to have finally stayed in a vacation rental that felt as nice, if not nicer, than home.
- Guest Sharon C.
- Date of stay 06/25/13
- Review Submitted 07/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing, adventure seekers, families with young children.
This property was exactly how the listing described it, even better. The pictures do not do this property justice. The home is beautiful and had everything a vacationing family could want or need. Our kids call this house "our" lake house and we will be coming back in a few months to stay again. While the teenagers relaxed in the game room playing on their x-boxes, pool and ping pong table, our 4 year olds had a blast swimming in the pool. We had 3 jet skis out there and the boat ramp is literally a stones throw away from the dock.The dock is perfect for jet skis because you can just ride them in and out easily on to the shore.We were the only ones out on the lake besides one other boat as well so that was very nice. We ate in every night, and one day we pulled the grill out and cooked. The grocery store is about 5 minutes away which was very convenient since we were feeding 8 people. We also had a tiny glitch our 3rd day there with the internet,but a very helpful and friendly owner fixed it no problem. The lake house was perfect in every way there is not one flaw that I can think of. We loved the theater room and master bathroom with the sauna which were bonuses to this house. The owners thought of everything that a vacationing family could need and paid attention to the tinniest details. I want to thank the owners for sharing there beautiful home with us, everything about the house is perfect. We really enjoyed ourselves, I don't think we could have picked a better home to stay in. The location was perfect, Lego Land was 5 minutes away, and all the parks were about a 20 minute drive. Our family had wanted to go to the springs one day but because the house was so nice that everyone just wanted to stay and play on the lake and pool! We will definitely be back and were sad to leave!
- Guest shelby t. (Jacksonville, FL)
- Date of stay 06/07/13
- Review Submitted 06/21/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, families with young children.
The property was exactly as described. It worked out very well for our multi-generational family (ages 26-100). It provideded a beautiful setting with plenty of room for all of us. The pool and lake were enjoyed by all and the kitchen made feeding the group very easy. The sleeping arrrangements were very comfortable. The owners were very helpful. I would (and have) recommend this to my friends and will stay there again when the opportunity arises.
- Guest Stephanie N. (Lakeland, Florida)
- Date of stay 05/09/13
- Review Submitted 06/12/13
M and J stay at Lake House
M and J stay at Lake House
Our stay at the lake house was greater then expected. The location was perfect and accurate. All the extra amenities spoke for themselves. The house was all new. The beds were so comfortable. The owner even came over to show us how to work all the extensive electronics . Our stay was more then perfect! Would highly recommend this rental. We ate in a lot as we just wanted to relax. Any type of restaurant you want in the area, as well as delivery.
- Guest Maggie (Boca Raton)
- Date of stay 02/07/13
- Review Submitted 02/27/13
This property was exactly as pictured! We had plenty of room for all of the people in our group. The house was very clean and well maintained. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area. The owners were very helpful in answering all of our questions. I would highly recommend this property to friends or relatives! Thank you!
- Guest NC (North Carolina)
- Date of stay 02/16/13
- Review Submitted 02/27/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
5 night min stay
Dec 15 - Jan 3
5 night min stay
Feb 21 - Apr 14
5 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $280 Nightly
Nov 21 - Dec 2
4 night min stay
Discounts: 12 nights or more: $380 Nightly
|Sun'n Fun 2014
Mar 31 - Apr 9, 2014
10 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Very Reasonable Cleaning Fee: $250
- Pet Fee: $300 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Tax Rate 12%
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: About equidistant between Orlando or Tampa Airport at 45 Miles
- Nearest Train: Seaboard Coastline at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 27 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Beach: St Petersburg Beach at 55 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Gators at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: TheWakeboardCoach.com at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lake Ashton at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Gators at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1991
About the owner: Eric and Dee Hinshaw are the 3rd generation owners and managers of Chalet Suzanne, a Depression Era world famous Inn located in Lake Wales, FL. After a great career at United Airlines, Eric retired in 2009 to devote his total efforts to their historic property.
Why the Owner Chose Winter Haven:
This property is our dream home, in our dream location, a quiet neighborhood located close to all the things that are important to US and our family. We invite you to enjoy it as we have for so many years! When we were designing our home, Dee wanted something that we could 'see through', so large windows that offer a great view of the lake, even from the front yard, were the result. The Great Room is truly great and the sound of the grand piano fills the entire property with elegant notes, even when the discs are being played. As a pilot, I was a techy sort of fellow so we put a lot of technology into the home. With an active young family we really needed a large game room and that has been one of the most popular places to hang out, with an open pass through to the kitchen that doubles as a Breakfast Bar. From the Game Room there is access to the large pool through a bathroom that is designed for both handicapped and kids, with a wheelchair accessible shower and open vanity. We love the weather in Florida and the incredible amount of stars that can be seen at night so we decided to not screen the pool area. The full intensity of the sun is enjoyed on the pool deck and is only broken by frequent dips in the cool water! The upstairs guests have direct access to the pool as well as they walk out to the lanai and down the spiral staircase and into the pool area. Let’s not forget the Master Suite access through the Master Bathroom. Yes, I guess you can say that life around the pool was a central part of our design!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We do enjoy watching movies. Lots of movies! When we were planning our theater room the Projection and Screen store told us to put up a large sheet and move the projector from front to back and determine from experimentation the screen size that we preferred. Dee and our daughter, Audra, were busy and unable to take part in the exercise. That left the boys and I and maybe that was not a good idea. We ended up deciding that “bigger was better” and chose to go with a screen that goes from wall to wall! We hope you enjoy it as we have. The upstairs Double-Loft serves as a video game area, a card playing area, exercise and dance area, the best place to watch the party below and, across the bridge, a secluded office and library with an impressive collection of literature. Both lofts have a great view of the pool and lake activities as well as the front drive. Dee and I weren’t really crazy about jet tubs but we did enjoy relaxing in steam rooms, so we added that feature to our bathtub, a large custom tiled area that features a handmade stained glass window designed by Dee and a glass enclosure, two rain-showerheads and two spigots for filling the large tub. Just touch the button on the control, walk away for about 10 minutes and come back for a luxurious steam room experience! Our lakefront has been kept more natural than most. Our family has enjoyed the presence of otters, ducks, coots, gallinules and other flora and fauna that exists in our area. We have maintained a small beach area that allows a clear access to the lake for both swimming and water skiing. The double boat house includes a roof deck for enjoying the lakeside activities of the day, the peaceful starlit nights and the calm, misty mornings that the lake can offer.
- Primary: +01 863-651-2917
- Secondary: +01 863-521-3348
- Tertiary: +1 863-676-6011 Between 8am and 8pm
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The circular drive to the front porch. The 3 car garage is on the left.
Around the big oak to the Lake House.
Another beautiful evening!
The front of The Lake House at night.
Over the Dining Area
The dining area on left, the Kitchen pass through on the right.
Crossing the bridge to the Library.
Master Bath with Steam room on the right, a beautiful stained glass pool access.
Steamroom and Shower Bath.
Double Bay Boat House with an upper deck on the lake side for enjoying the water
the garage is hidden in open the sight.
The Lake Yard
Our kitchen is ready for the party!
The Great Room from the bridge.
The Great Room
Marcus' Room leads to the upper lanai and a wonderful view of the lake and pool.
Audra's Dolphin Bathroom.
Master Bedroom with French Doors four wide to a deck and the lake lawn.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 15, 2013
5 Bedroom / 5.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.