Quiet, Jungle Retreat on the Puna Coast
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kalapana house description
Let the soft rhythm of the nearby surf and the aroma of jungle flowers lull you into relaxation as you enjoy the spacious lanai of this new (2013) open concept home in Seaview Kalapana Estates. Our home is located on a secluded, dead end street, and is filled with sunshine all day.
Once on the lanai, where you may well spend all your leisure time, you will look out to jungle and traditional ohia trees. Meals can be cooked on the Weber grill and served at the large table, with seating for six.
Off one side of the lanai, through double french doors, you enter the great room, with large windows that offer views out to the jungle. Here is where you can gather with friends and family while you relive the day's adventures and cook up a gourmet meal in the fully equipped kitchen, with gas range set into the large granite-topped island, microwave, full fridge, and dishwasher.
When it is time to sleep, there is the colorful bedroom with queen size bed (and direct access to the lanai through double french doors), a Scandinavian sofa that reclines to form a full size bed, or the queen size murphy bed on the lanai, should you or family want to sleep outdoors.
The large bathroom, adjacent to the bedroom and just past the stacked washer/dryer, has a tiled shower and plenty of counter space. You may decide to skip the indoor shower and exit through the bathroom door to the outdoor shower! This is the best place to wash off sand after a visit to the nearby, family friendly and clothing optional Kehena black sand beach.
For evening entertainment, enjoy your favorite movie on the 32 inch flat screen with DVD player.
- 850 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- The large bedroom at 'Home of We Three Guys' is done in vivid colors (see attached photos) and offers direct access to the large lanai. There is also a queen bed on the lanai for those who wish to sleep outdoors. We also have a Scandinavian sofa in the great room that converts into a queen bed....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
There is seating for 4 at the large, granite topped island. There is also outside dining on the lanai for 6 at a tile-topped table. A full size Weber grill allows you to do most cooking outside....moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Surf Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- For some traditional Hawaiian music and to meet the locals, visit Uncle Robert's Kava Bar and Museum, only 6 miles from your holiday home. Wednesday night comes alive at five o'clock with slack guitar and ukulele music accompanying the singers. Enjoy a variety of food from local chefs and art pieces from local artists. You might choose to cycle the Red Road that parallels the coastline and leads to snorkeling pools (Kapoho) and warm geothermal pools. Or you might hop in your car for a short drive to Volcano National Park to visit Kilauea crater and witness this active volcano. Nearby, including in Seaview, there are food and artisan street markets. SPACE, in Seaview and within walking distance of your holiday home, holds their market each Saturday morning starting at 8. Further afield is the Hilo Market, on Wednesday and Saturday, 6 a.m.-4 p.m. The Maku'u Market, just outside Pahoa (about 20 minutes from the house) happens each Sunday. It offers fabulous eateries for a hearty breakfast or lunch. The nearby town of Pahoa has several outstanding restaurants, including Ming's (Thai), Kaleo's (fine American seafood and burgers), and Luquins (Mexican, with fabulous margaritas). Kaleo's is known as 'making a name for itself as the place to go for innovative, Hawaiian-inspired local-style favorites...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A Slice of Heaven
A Slice of Heaven
My stay here was a slice of heaven. The house was perfect! I chose to sleep on the lanai and it was wonderful. This area of the Big Island is my favorite. I cannot wait to go back and I would higly recommend this wonderful, jungle retreat!
- Guest Nancy (Seattle)
- Date of stay 08/01/13
- Review Submitted 09/30/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+.
Owner response: Nancy, Glad to hear your stay at Home of We Three Guys was made even more enjoyable by the lanai bed. We hope the rhythm of the nearby surf lulled you to sleep.
Fantastic vacation spot!
Fantastic vacation spot!
I couldn't have been happier with this property!. Clean, spacious home in a quiet jungle setting. Trees and foliage at every window, it felt like the Hawaii of my dreams. Spacious modern kitchen, cozy bedroom, and vaulted ceiling living room. However, I spent most of my time on the spacious, covered, open air deck. A mile from the best beach in Hawaii...can't wait to go back!
- Guest Glenny (Seattle)
- Date of stay 04/13/13
- Review Submitted 09/20/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
A truly peacful retreat
A truly peacful retreat
We spent 17 days at We Three Guys' home last January and found it totally relaxing. We were truly away from the hustle and bustle of the city and found ourselves nestled into a small community. We spent our days laying around the lanai, going for walks around the community (the locals waved hello at at us), swam in tide pools and the ocean, .... We made friends with the locals including the neighbours' dog, loved the outdoor shower & loved the SPACE market on Saturday mornings, walked out on the lava fields, swam in the ocean - an absolutely lovely and peaceful holiday. We also took some day trips and drove the the volcanoes and over to the other side of the island but it was always nice to get back to the simple life at We Three Guys' home.
- Guest Beverly (Agassiz BC)
- Date of stay 01/07/13
- Review Submitted 07/06/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: Bev, Thanks for spending your vacation at Home of We Three Guys and enjoying the large, well appointed lanai. Hope to see you back soon. Dan and Steve
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
50% (including 50% of cleaning fee and damage deposit) at time of booking with remaining 50% due two weeks prior to stay.
If booking is cancelled within two weeks of stay, then 50% of deposit is forfeited. If booking is cancelled within one week of stay, no refund.
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Hilo International at 35 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Kehena Black Sand Beach at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Uncle Robert's Kava Bar at Kalapana at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Pahoa at 15 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We Three Guys, Dan, Steve, and our son Geoffrey, live in Seattle and on Orcas Island. We have enjoyed many trips to the Big Island, and recently completed our new home in Kalapana Seaview Estates. We have travelled extensively and have done home exchanges all over the world. We welcome visitors from all over to our Hawaiian paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Kalapana:
The Puna Coast district offers the opportunity to unwind in a laid back, friendly, 'off the tourist track' environment. Enjoy the local space market, Kehena black sand beach, Kalani Retreat Center, nearby snorkeling and Volcano National Park. There is also the funky town of Pahoa approximately 15 minutes away by car.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The home is new (2013) and offers an open concept to living, amidst vivid colors that capture the heart of Hawaii. Unlike other one bedroom homes in the area, 'Home of We Three Guys' is very spacious. The lanai offers a place to grill up your favorite Ahi tuna steak and relax with family and friends. Nearby neighbors are welcoming and friendly and very willing to share their secret local escape (such as Mermaid Pools and Green Lake).
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - Maku'u Market, just 25 minutes from the home, is known for the local flavor it exudes. Enjoy a delicious market breakfast on Sunday morning and then stroll through the various booths of food, crafts, and plants. You will not want to miss this market!
- CLICK HERE - Are you a snorkler? If so, when you stay at 'Home of We Three Guys', do not miss the snorkling pools at Kapoho, just 15 minutes along the Red Road. Snorklet with sea turtles, angel fish, and a multitude of other marine life.
- CLICK HERE - Within 1.5 miles of your home away from home, is the beautiful Kehena Black Sand Beach. This is a family friendly, pocket beach that is clothing optional. Be sure to monitor the sea conditions before jumping in and bobbing in the surf or snorkeling.
- CLICK HERE - Only a 15 minute walk from 'Home of We Three Guys' is the world famous Kalani Retreat Center. Here you can arrange a water or traditional massage, learn relaxation techniques, or take a yoga lesson. Meals are a treat at Kalani!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
'Home of We Three Guys'. A view form the lower garden.
Living room with fold-down sofa
Bedroom with doors to lanai.
Large lanai with Weber grill and dining table for six
Inviting living room and kitchen to spend time cooking and hanging with family.
Large, colorful bathroom with door to outdoor shower.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 12, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.