You sent a message to this owner.
KONEA 142 - BOTTOM FLOOR VERY CLOSE TO EVERYTHING!
Honua Kai was recently rated the #3 resort in the entire state of Hawaii by readers of Conde Nast Traveler!
Aloha & Welcome to Konea 142 at Honua Kai Luxury Resort & Spa.
Located on the BOTTOM FLOOR of the quiet NORTH side of the resort - far away from the construction on the Westin property SOUTH of Honua Kai that resumed in 2015. There isn't a better located condominium in the resort!
Please click on the video icon in the pictures for a VIDEO TOUR of my condominium home and the resort.
This private oasis is uniquely located in the quiet North corner of this luxury resort. Enjoy the wide open spacious feeling with 11 foot vaulted ceilings (only on the ground floor) and 1,230 square feet of interior living space, with 2 master suites and an open living and dining room and kitchen floor plan. Over sized custom glass doors open the entire wall to an large lanai with outdoor dining and lounging furniture, bordering your own private lawn area – you get 420 square feet of lanai and garden! From there it is a short walk of one minute down a beautifully manicured grassy walkway to the 3 pools, beach, gas BBQ area with Viking grills, and Duke's Restaurant and Bar. I have just installed a KEYED lock on the lanai door for secure access.
Surrounded by beautiful tropical vegetation, the back yard is the most private at Honua Kai due to the exceptional landscaping, and our unique location on the Northern border of the resort with a fence hidden by a hedge providing ultimate privacy. Quickest access to the beach, pools, Viking gas BBQs, and Duke's Restaurant. You may also choose to walk out the front door of our condo which is situated right by the door to the interior courtyard. Either way, you reach all of the stunning outdoor attractions of this gorgeous resort faster than almost everyone else staying here - they have to take the elevator! You'll only use the elevator to get to the underground parking garage. Our ground floor location is so convenient for hanging out at the pools or beach to pop into your own condominium to use the bathroom, freshen your drink, have a snack, or grab some of the provided snorkeling equipment, boogie boards, or beach chairs! Right around the corner in the same building is the gym for an invigorating workout with weights, cardio, or yoga classes and the spa offers treatments for indulgent pampering. You know you deserve it!
Honua Kai is the newest and most exciting resort in West Maui, with the luxury Konea tower completed in 2011. It offers all the conveniences of home and all the amenities of a luxury hotel resort and spa. It is beautifully landscaped with lush tropical gardens and swaying palms. Take time to enjoy all the features of the 3 naturally landscaped pools, 4 hot tubs, numerous Viking BBQs, restaurant and coffee shop / deli, and the world famous Ka’anapali North Beach just steps beyond. There is a reef right in front of the resort, great for snorkeling with the turtles and you can enjoy walks down the boardwalk all the way past Black Rock with its world famous cliff jumping and snorkeling down to Whaler’s village with all its wonderful shops and restaurants. My favorites are the Tommy Bahama store and the Hula Grill Restaurant.
Come experience my Aloha and pride of ownership! You don't have to deal with (or pay for) a management company that means you get a better experience and more value for your money. I go out of my way to earn your loyalty. I will always promptly respond to your inquiries, I always maintain my 2 properties and keep up to date calendars, and I will do whatever I can to enhance the entire experience. :) It is my hope and goal that this will become your Maui home for many years to come!
Ask about renting my 2 Xterra Stand Up Paddleboards for $150 for both or $100 for one for your entire stay and future visits. Bonus: Book at least 10 nights and get the use of the Paddleboards FREE when you pay $100 for a mid stay tidy and linens change!
WHY choose our Ground Floor Unit Konea 142 at Honua Kai:
- Ultimate ground floor convenience with the front and back doors located one minute away from the 3 pools, beach, BBQ area, gym, spa, Duke's Restaurant, and elevator to parking garage. Back lanai door now has a keyed lock installed April 2015!
- Extra high 11 foot ceilings, spacious lanai with dining/lounging furniture and your own private lawn.
- Lanai “glass wall” door expands living area, the ENTIRE WALL opens wide for seamless indoor/outdoor living.
- Peek view of the Pacific ocean from the lanai/garden - which itself is 420 square feet. Sunset views from the lanai? See reviews.
- Most private and quiet location within resort with tropical landscaping around our lawn.
- luxurious 750 thread count sheets!
- What you see here is what you get! (vs. hotel booking gives no choices on the exact unit to stay in) These pictures are of my unit.
- You'll be personally greeted with Aloha by my on island concierge.
- I only pass on part of my credit card processing fees, and you can avoid any processing fee if you pay by secure bank debit (aka echeck).
WHAT our unit offers:
• Fully equipped kitchen with state-of-the-art Bosch appliances and granite slab counter tops.
• Spacious bathrooms with separate tubs, glass door showers and double granite slab vanities.
• A king size bed in each bedroom suite (one of which can be split into 2 twins).
• A queen sleeper sofa in the living room.
• Flat screen HD TV’s in every room - EACH has a DVD/CD/Blueray player and lots of movies for all ages.
• Wi-fi/Internet access, cable, and telephone with free long distance to US and Canada.
• Beach towels and additional linens & towels.
• Rates that are 20% TO 30% OFF INTRAWEST MANAGEMENT RATES and all the SERVICE you'll need for a great getaway, with all these included pluses you DON'T get from INTRAWEST:
• 4-6 Quality Boogie Boards.
• 4 Sets of Snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, and fins).
• 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs.
• Tommy Bahama beach umbrella.
• Portable rechargeable bluetooth wireless stereo speaker system for indoors or to take with you.
• Plenty of good quality cooking and serving utensils including BBQ tools and cooler.
• FAMILY FRIENDLY - Pack & Play portable crib, portable high chair / booster, kid's dishes & sippy cups.
ABOUT Honua Kai:
- Honua Kai is the newest luxurious beachfront 'condo-tel' in West Maui (completed in 2011).
- Honua Kai just rated the #3 resort in the ENTIRE STATE of Hawaii by readers of Conde Nast Traveler!
- Honua Kai resort and spa has received AAA's coveted and rare 4 Diamond award.
- On-site restaurants, poolside food & drink service, valet & bell service, concierge, beach activities desk, 24-hour fitness center, full service spa, 10 poolside Viking gas BBQ grills just steps from our unit, etc.
- 3 themed pools in the massive aquatic playground! Intimate/quiet/adult pool, a larger infinity edge pool (closed for repairs in May), a lazy river, a large central pool with slide, 2 waterfall grottos, shallow sandy bottom pool for kids + 4 hot tubs.
- Snorkeling and swimming with turtles and tropical fish, stunning reef right in front of the resort.
- The boardwalk along the beach leads to Black Rock and Whaler’s Village with its wonderful shopping and restaurants.
- Located on world famous Kaanapali Beach, ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world.
- Enjoy whale watching and amazing sunsets from the resort, as well as views of neighboring islands Lanai and Molokai to the West and the West Maui Mountains to the East.
No Daily Resort Fees, pay for parking only:
• $15 daily Parking fee or $20 daily Valet Parking (paid directly to the resort). No other "hidden" fees.
Walk across the street to a shopping center including:
- Times supermarket (open till 2 am).
- The 'Best Coffee in Maui' cafe. Serves good Shave Ice too!
- Pizza Paradiso (+ serves gelato, kebabs, etc.).
- Subway Sandwiches.
- Video/DVD rental store (no membership needed).
- Soup Nutz's (superb fresh soups) & Java Jazz Bar & Grille with Live Music.
- ABC Convenience Store.
- Nachos Grande mexican restaurant.
- Slappy Cakes (Fun! Cook your own custom pancakes on a griddle at your table).
My availability calendar is always up to date and I always respond promptly to my guests!
There are many choices at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa. It is CRUCIAL for you to know EXACTLY what you are PAYING FOR, to ensure that you are happy with the accommodation you reserve. Be Absolutely SURE you have A SPECIFIC SUITE NUMBER to ensure the outcome of your reservation decision. Be certain that you receive photos of THE EXACT suite you are booking. ACCEPT NO LESS!! THESE PHOTOS ARE OF MY UNIT. My unit has the best ground floor location on the quiet and private North side of the resort and offers the best VALUE and best OVERALL EXPERIENCE available at Honua Kai. Ask and I will email you some resort map and aerial photo images to orient you within the resort itself and you'll see what I mean.
Please note: I am not always able to accept bookings even when dates appear available. It can depend on the gap days it may create. Thank you for your understanding. Parking fees, and any other fee that is regulated by the Homeowner's Association is beyond my control and subject to change without notice. As of April 11, 2015, the only additional fee is parking at $15 per day (I always get a spot in the underground garage within 100 feet of the elevator which comes within 50 feet of my front door). Valet parking is also an option at $20 per day.
Hawaii Tax Id: W65613524-01
Keywords: Kaanapali, last minute, Ocean front, ground floor, Ka'anapali, Maui, Hawaii, Honua Kai, Honua Kai Resort & Spa.
The whole resort is a kid's paradise. Our kids don't want to leave the aquatic playground and they entertain themselves playing games all over the grounds day and night. I've added a pack n' play portable crib, a Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, kids dishes and silverware, sippy cups, boogie boards, and cute hooded beach towels for the kiddos....moreless
(2) A Sony clock radio stereo speaker dock for smartphones and iPods. A SHARKK® Bluetooth 4.0 BoomBox NFC Speaker, 10 Watt Portable Speaker System, 2500 mAh Li-ion Battery, Ultra Bass, portable....moreless
You can't see the sand from our ground floor condominium, but it is a one minute walk away from both the front door and back doors. We see a peek of the ocean looking looking West from our lanai....moreless
Our 2 bedroom 2 bath condo is at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa, which lies on 40 acres of pristine shoreline on Maui's famed Kaanapali Beach, consistently ranked one of the top 5 beaches in the world....moreless
One minute walk from our ground floor condominium to the Pacific Ocean. Our condo comes stocked with quality boogie boards, snorkeling equipment, Tommy Bahama beach chairs and umbrella, coolers, towels....moreless
Honua Kai is the best and most luxurious resort in West Maui. Honua Kai has received the coveted Four Diamond rating from AAA. Only 5.3% of 29,000 hotels approved by AAA make the Four Diamond list....moreless
A peek of Pacific Ocean is visible from our lanai. Honua Kai also offers a huge aquatic playground consisting of 3 huge themed pools and several hot tubs, with beaches, waterside, waterfalls, etc....moreless
2 additional wooden folding chairs are provided so you can add those to the 4 original dining chairs indoors and seat up to 6 indoors + 6 on the outdoor lanai. Fisher price portable high chair....moreless
Full gym with treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, free weights, nautilus type machines. 2 Xterra Stand Up Paddleboards available for rent $150/entire stay and I provide all the gear for them....moreless
Plenty of underground parking keeps your car cool. Self-Parking is $15/day or Valet Parking is $20/day...paid directly to Honua Kai at the Front Desk. Elevator to the garage is right by our condo....moreless
A beach towel for each guest is provided. I also have these great kid hooded towels: http://gifts.personalcreations.com/gifts/kids-hooded-beach-towel-30123130?PRID=&REF=pcrdeliveryconfirm_Nav1&q=fun+...moreless
New coffee maker with an insulated carafe that keeps coffee hot for hours without 'cooking' it with a heating element. Bean grinder. I provide an 8 ounce bag of delicious Maui Blend coffee beans....moreless
I offer 2 Stand Up Paddleboards for rent. $100 for one for the length of your stay and future visits, $150 for both! You'd pay as much for a single day renting from another vendor. Ask for details....moreless
You've got your own lawn/garden just outside your spacious lanai! We are on the quiet and mostly shady side of the resort - although plenty of natural light comes in all day long (see pictures)....moreless
Several outdoor grills areas with Viking gas grills are available at Honua Kai, and the closest one is less than a minute walk from your lanai at Konea 142. Take a glass of wine with you to grill!...moreless
(3) Themed ocean front pools including: 1) A quiet/adult theme pool (lazy river); 2) A larger infinity edge pool; 3) A huge central pool great for kids with sand beaches, waterfalls, + huge waterside....moreless
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Jun 11, 2015
5 night min stay
Prime Summer 2015
Jun 12 - Jul 25, 2015
7 night min stay
Mid Summer 2015
Jul 30 - Aug 24, 2015
5 night min stay
Late Summer early book special
Aug 25 - Sep 10, 2015
5 night min stay
September 2 night gap special
Sep 20 - Sep 23, 2015
2 night min stay
Sep 28 - Nov 21, 2015
5 night min stay
Thanksgiving week 2015
Nov 22 - Nov 28, 2015
5 night min stay
Early Winter 2015
Nov 29 - Dec 17, 2015
5 night min stay
Dec 18 - Jan 9, 2016
10 night min stay
Jan 10 - Apr 15, 2016
5 night min stay
Apr 16 - Jun 10, 2016
5 night min stay
Jun 11 - Aug 31, 2016
5 night min stay
September 16 erly book special
Sep 1 - Sep 30, 2016
5 night min stay
Oct 1 - Nov 18, 2016
5 night min stay
Nov 19 - Nov 26, 2016
5 night min stay
Early Winter 2016
Nov 27 - Dec 15, 2016
5 night min stay
Dec 16 - Jan 7, 2017
10 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
GET 4.16% + TAT 9.25% = Tax 13.416%.
$20.80 for sofa bed linens (including tax).
Credit card fee rebated for debit/echeck payment.
Non US credit cards - extra 1.25% processing fee.
“Back to back” reservations – welcomed! (Sometimes required to fill calendar gaps).
CANCELLATION POLICY: All charges refundable less $200 fee up to 60 days prior to check in. After that, all but rent + tax are refundable less then $200 fee - rent and tax nonrefundable unless I am able to rebook the dates you reserved. I encourage trip-cancellation insurance. See www.insuremytrip.com.
Ask about renting our two inflatable xterra Stand Up Paddleboards including life vests, paddles, backpacks, and electric pump for $150 for your entire stay and return visits so long as they last.
Boogie boards, snorkeling gear, beach towels, Tommy Bahama beach chairs and umbrella, and coolers are always provided FREE.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Honua Kai Resort and Spa features an enormous 'aquatic playground' - an elaborate pool, multiple hot tub, pond and stream network with small secluded areas and protected paths that lead to the beach. Three separate pool areas, each offering a distinctly different experience. Hokulani's infinity-edged Formal Pool features terraced lounge seating facing the pool and ocean, and a large hot tub on each side. In front of Konea, the River Pool is a haven of peace and privacy, with two quiet zones and aqua lounges where you can put your chair in the water and relax. The middle pool is the family or 'Ohana' Pool, a very active, playful area with a water slide, waterfall, and a special area with a sandy beach for small children and parents. Several BBQ areas with Viking gas grills and 4 hot tubs are located thoughout the grounds.
2) Our unit is completely outfitted with beach towels, kids hooded beach towels, 4 Tommy Bahama beach chairs and beach umbrella, 4 quality Boogie Boards, 4 sets of snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, and fins), Sony combination music MP3 player dock/alarm clock, portable Bluetooth rechargeable stereo speaker system, cooler, barbecue utensils, in room washer and dryer (Bosch), in room safe, 3 DVD players (we have DVDs for all ages), 3 Flat screen TVs, pack n' play portable crib, Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, etc.
3) Other amenities include: onsite ocean view dining and poolside food and drink service (Duke's Restaurant and Bar), onsite market (Aina Gourmet Market), onsite spa (on our floor), onsite gym (also on our floor), sandy beach, snorkeling, and whale watching.
4) If you can tear yourself away from the Honua Kai Resort itself (big 'IF'), Whaler's Village is a very nice shopping and dining experience about two miles South, and it is a good place to park to enjoy snorkeling and cliff jumping at Black Rock. There is validated parking and limited public beach access free parking, or it's a nice stroll on the ocean front boardwalk.
5) Lahaina's Front Street is 7 miles away and offers tons of shops, art galleries, restaurants, and is the site of Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice, our second favorite local dessert after the Hula Pie at Duke's (onsite). We also love the Pacific O and Fleetwood's restaurants in Lahaina.
6) Another favorite Maui activity is downhill biking on the Haleakala dormant volcano. There are several companies that offer this and they are based in Paia. When in Paia, enjoy some delicious pizza at Paia Flatbread Company, or have a bucket list meal at Mama's Fish House nearby (has been rated the #1 restaurant in the world). Paia is also the windsurfing and kiteboarding capital of the world and close by is Jaws (Pe'ahi), the world's most famous big wave tow-in surfing spot. If you are on Maui when the surf gets huge at Jaws, you can watch surfers challenge 50 foot waves which helicopters film them. If you have a telephoto camera you may be showing your friends pictures of waves literally 8 times taller than the surfers riding them. These are just a few of Maui's offerings. Our unit has a Maui travel guide, a Maui restaurant guide, and a Maui hiking guide. I'll also offer recommendations for dining and activities when you book your stay.
Year Purchased: 2014
About the owner: My name is Trevor Alt and I am a 46 year old father of a 13 year old daughter, Rachel. In April of 2013, on Kaanapali Beach by Honua Kai I married the woman of my dreams and enlarged my family to 6 with her and my 3 stepsons that are 11, 13, and 14. I practiced law in California for 10 years and still hold an inactive membership to the California Bar, but I have been a career firefighter for the Reno Fire Department for 11 years. I am a fitness and health nut and I exercise religiously. The better to drag you out of a burning building with, my dear. I enjoy water and snow skiing, boating, wakeboarding, golf, mountain biking, and have completed an xterrra sprint triatholon and a half marathon. When I was an attorney, I saved as much money as I could and invested carefully with the goal of living in Hawaii someday. Purchasing this property at incredible Honua Kai is a step toward achieving that goal. When I move to Maui full time I hope to learn to kite board and also hope to revive my golf game. In the meantime, I will continue my success as a vacation rental owner and manager by exceeding my guests' expectations and delivering a superb luxury vacation experience every time! See my guest reviews here and for my Lake Tahoe vacation home (VRBO #367619).
Why the Owner Chose Honua Kai:
I've been visiting West Maui all my life and the Honua Kai Resort & Spa is the most luxurious place to live and vacation that has ever been built here. My family became hooked on the convenience of the ground floor when we traveled here to get married in April 2013 so we had to jump on this ideal property when it became available. We love Duke's Restaurant and the aquatic playground - our kids never want to leave the resort. I love the grand luxury of the Honua Kai Resort and Spa - I feel like a KING when I come here! I chose this ground floor unit on the North side of the Honua Kai resort because we don't look across a courtyard into someone else's unit (like the inner courtyard units) and we aren't next to an unfinished resort (like the South facing units in the Hokulani tower). It's quiet and peaceful here. I believe that my combination of ground floor convenience, HUGE living area, and location in the resort offers the best experience and the best value available at Honua Kai, which is the best resort in West Maui. Whether I'm clipping coupons or treating my wife to an exquisite dinner, I always try to get a lot for my money and I know my guests want value too - here it is my friends! Maui voted best place to visit in U.S.: June 25, 2014 Maui was named the best place to visit in the U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report rankings released Tuesday June 24, 2014. 'Maui is not nearly as large as the Big Island, nor is it as small as Lanai, as bustling as Oahu or as quiet as Kauai,' the news release said. 'For many Hawaii vacationers, Maui is just right - offering a taste of just about everything the Aloha State has to offer, from impressive wildlife to intriguing history and culture. While on a visit here, you can shimmy alongside professional hula dancers, golf along coastal fairways, snorkel alongside five different types of sea turtles or simply lounge along some of Hawaii's most notable beaches.' Honolulu was ranked eighth in the report.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
My favorite aspect of our second home at Honua Kai is the amazing ground floor convenience! Everything is so close and easy to get to from our condo. From the moment I first walked into Honua Kai I was floored by the uncompromising commitment to quality and attention to detail. We love the huge aquatic playground and the beach and ocean, and I could eat all my meals at Duke's! Ono grinds! My favorite feature of the condominium itself is the custom glass Nana doors that allow you to open the entire wall and seamlessly integrate the tropical outdoors into our vacation home. I also love the vaulted ceilings that you only get on the ground floor. A new beach-side boardwalk accommodates walkers and joggers for miles of spectacular ocean views and the nearby Islands of Lanai and Molokai. It's a mile and a half walk South from Honua Kai to Black Rock, under two miles from Honua Kai to Whaler's Village. At Honua Kai you are on the world famous Ka'anapali Beach but well away from the crowds that you'll sometimes find in the more densely populated area South of Black Rock. Our unit is great for 2 couples since each gets a bedroom suite with its own bathroom with large living area between. Our unit is also wonderful for families or other groups up to 6 (such as my family) since the second bedroom can be made up with 2 twins and the sleeper couch is queen size. I've also made the unit very 'kid friendly'. I've got a pack n' play, a Fisher Price portable high chair / booster seat, kid's hooded beach towels with a fish or crab theme, sippy cups, and 3 DVD/Blueray players I have about 35 kids DVD's and about 30 'regular' movies for grownups to enjoy on one of the three DVD players. I'm excited about my recent purchase of 2 Xterra inflatable Stand Up Paddleboards, which are available to my guests for their entire stay for $100 for 1, $150 for both. Honua Kai was recently rated the #3 resort in the entire state of Hawaii by Conde Nast traveler!
Big private lanai + 1230 sq. foot condo + 430 sq. ft yard = ton of living space!
Custom glass doors open the entire wall from the interior to the lanai and yard.
Spacious living and dining areas transition seamlessly to lush resort outside.
Completed in 2010, Konea 142 offers all the comforts of home + resort amenities.
Laundry room with Bosch washer and dryer comes off the kitchen. Convenience!
Luxurious master bath with separate room for toilet, separate bathtub and shower
Second bedroom King bed can be separated and made up as 2 twin beds on request.
Konea lobby opens to fire pit, courtyard, pools, ocean, etc. Gym and spa on left
These pools, BBQs, hot tubs, restaurant and beach ~ 1 minute walk from our condo.
Looking back at Honua Kai over the infinity pool at twilight. Awesome sunsets!
Duke's is onsite with great food, drinks & live music right by the ocean & pool.
Look for the white arrow on left to locate our bottom floor condo. Convenient!
Less than 1 minute walk on grassy path to pools, BBQs, restaurant, beach, ocean.
Enjoy views from a peek of Ocean to the Mountains. It's quiet and private here.
11 foot vaulted ceilings on the ground floor add to the 'big' feeling of space.
Full kitchen with Bosch appliances and granite slab counters. Gourmet meals!
Master bedroom with King bed, flat screen TV/DVD, and Nana door access to lanai.
Granite slabs, seamless glass shower door, his & hers sinks. Ultimate luxury!
Guest bath accessed from bedroom and kitchen. 2 more sinks + sep bath & shower.
The incredible grounds are just outside your door - a minute walk to the beach!
The huge middle pool has sandy beaches, waterfalls, and a 125 foot water slide.
Honua Kai is on world famous Kaanapali Beach. Snorkel with turtles! See whales!
I provide snorkeling gear, boogie boards, beach chairs, towels, umbrella & more!
Drawing of our condo layout and prime location on the bottom floor - Konea 142.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 02, 2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.