Waterfront on the Delaware Bay Pet Friendly Beautiful Views
Nora and Frank Martin,Brenda Hall
Why Nora and Frank Martin,Brenda Hall chose Slaughter Beach
Wonderful space to rest relax and renew
What makes this Cottage unique
Direct Bay-front home with cable and high speed internet Smoking only allowed outside and on beach
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Pets are welcome
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Smoking is only permitted outside the cottage If cleaners report smoking inside the cottage security deposit will be forfeited
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Peaceful & Relaxing Long Weekend
Our family had an amazing time playing on the beach, fishing, playing fetch with our dog and just relaxing in the cottage. We had the beach to ourselves! The cottage is very clean and quaint and we hope to go back next year!
Thank you for sharing your cottage. The fenced in yard was perfect for our English Bulldogs & the small beach was fantastic to sit on and enjoy the sun, a beer & a book for an afternoon. All the locals were very friendly.
Short drive to other beach locations in the area.
We had such a lovely time at Mermaid Cottage! It was a great location for low key relaxation and the fenced in yard was absolutely perfect for our dog and toddler. The neighbors were as nice as can be and Nora was quick to respond to any issues we had. The drives to the bigger beaches were a bit longer than we expected, more like 45 minutes to Rehoboth. Slaughter Beach was on a no swim advisory during our stay, so we weren't able to go in the water, but we had lots of fun with beach fires and surf fishing. We ventured out to Cape Henlopen, Lewes and Rehoboth for our beach days. I'd certainly recommend for anyone looking for a relaxing stay; though I do wish there were a couple restaurants or coffee shops nearby. The only other issue we ran into was some spotty wifi, so don't count on being able to access the internet. Otherwise, truly wonderful!
Peaceful & great location!
We had a great weekend at Mermaid Cottage. Very charming. We wanted to count all the mermaids but didn't think we could do it in a weekend! We were surprised how quiet it was on the beach. We had a peaceful time watching the neighbors go crabbing. The cottage had everything we needed and we would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a pet friendly VRBO!
Great midweek end of summer stay
Perfect house for our needs. Fenced yard for our dog to enjoy and the beach was literally in the backyard. Enjoyed all the seating in the yard and screened porch.
Lovely home base with friends
A great space with very responsive hosts. Slaughter Beach is gorgeously private compared to the crush of everything south.
Peaceful Quiet Perfect spot to find peace and quiet beautiful sunsets Delaware Bay Fishing gentle surf
* DuPont Nature Center - Lighthouse Road, Slaughter Beach -- open Tues-Sun 10pm to 4pm
* Midway Casino - 15 West Rider Road, Harrington, DE
* Dover Air Force Base Air Mobility Command Museum 1301 Heritage Road, Dover Air Force Base, DE -- open Tues-Sun 9am to 4pm, Use Rt. 9 entrance
* Lewes, DE -- historic District
* Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE -- $8/day for out of state vehicle
* Peas Patch Island, Fort Delaware State Park -- open Wed-Sun. Built in 1859 and once house Confederate prisoners
* Dogfish Head Brewery -- 6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE - tours Tues-Sat starting at 11am. Make reservations by calling
* Killens Pond State Park, Killens Pond Road, Felton, DE -- waterpark, trail rides, paddle boat and canoe rentals open daily 8am to sunset
* Golf - The Rookery North, Business Rt 1, Milford, DE & The Rookery South.
* Movies at Midway Atlantic Theater - Rt 1 Lewes, DE