About the property
- Condo630 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay0 - 10 nights
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2-4)
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Private, top floor, absolute oceanfront, lovely one bedroom condo at the highly acclaimed Kona Reef Resort!
Elegant, large wall mirrors to bring the beautiful ocean and sunset view into the living room!
Why Kona Reef:
• Conveniently located along the prestigious Alii Drive in the heart of Kona town.
• It’s a 5 minute walk in your flip-flops down a low traffic side street (along the ocean) to the village where you will enjoy shopping, dining, nightlife, and other attractions in historic Kailua Village. Walking is better than being caught in downtown traffic, while searching for an elusive parking spot.
• It’s only a few steps to the romantic Honl's Beach; offering snorkeling on calm days, sandy area for kids and sunning, and a hugely popular surf spot when the waves are up.
• It’s one of the few Resorts to offer a heated, salt-water pool adjacent to the ocean.
• It also has a jet spa, barbecue facility & pavilion, elevators, on property and lots of free parking for guests, in a zone where parking is a valued commodity.
Why Top Floor, Ocean Front is best:
(Kona Reef has elevators)
• Best views of ocean and sunsets from lanai, living area and kitchen
• Best privacy; which is compromised on the first and second floor units
• Best security; leave the lanai door open 24 hours to enjoy ocean breeze and sound
• This Ocean front suite is 23 feet from (7 meters) the shoreline. You can watch the surfers, with occasional sightings of whales and dolphins.
• Bedding includes a California King and a sofa-bed in the living room, accommodating up to 4 guests.
• Romantic décor.
• Fully equipped kitchen.
• Bath tub, with a shower.
• Soaps, toiletries, and hairdryer.
• Beach gears, beach towels, cooler.
• 48" flat screen LED smart TV in the living room and 40" new flat screen TV in the bedroom for your enjoyment.
• Living room has ceiling fan and air conditioner. Bedroom also has ceiling fan over the California King bed giving a comfortable and soothing breeze while you sleep.
• Washer and dryer in the suite, and all utilities.
• Professional, licensed property manager.
• Professional cleaning crew.
I have lived in Kona for 30 years. I purchased this condo because Kona Reef has the best location in Kona and because top floor, ocean front is the best location in the Kona Reef Resort. I take pride in my condo. I want my guests to:
• enjoy a comfortable, hassle free stay,
• feel they had one of their best ever vacations, and
• feel they received high value, at a fair price.
Kona Reef Suite D32 is managed by a bona fide property management company in Kona and is cleaned by a professional cleaning crew.
If you are looking for a superb location, breathtaking direct oceanfront view, an elegantly decorated suite at reasonable rates with a team of efficient, friendly and helpful staff to see to it that your check-in is seamless and your stay is comfortable and enjoyable, you have come to the right place! Look no further! Book now before your requested dates are filled!
Keywords: Kona Reef Absolute Oceanfront Condo Suite
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 07, 2018
About Annie Sherman
Annie Sherman, the owner of Kona Reef Suite D32, is an accomplished jewelry designer whose celebrity clientele includes country singing legend, Miss Dolly Parton, Miss New York 2006, Miss North Dakota 2008, Miss Reno-Sparks 2009, Miss Bonnie Bowden (a seasoned jazz singer who had graced the stage of the Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, the Merv Griffin Show, etc.). Annie's jewelry collection was chosen to be featured in InStyle Magazine (A Special Issue For The Bride! The Spring 2004 Edition) and in the 2008 movie 'The Code' starring Morgan Freeman, Antonio Banderas and Radha Mitchell. She has a long list of loyal repeat customers, many of whom are brides-to-be searching for the perfect jewelry to wear with their beautiful wedding gowns! Annie also owns a successful vintage jewelry online store that sells beautiful jewelry worldwide. Her designer's eye for beauty has shone through the beautiful decor of her Kona Reef Suite D32. Aside from designing jewelry and running her jewelry business, saving animals is also her passion. Annie was born and raised in Hong Kong, educated in England and has been living in Kona of the Big Island, Hawaii, for over 25 years. She travels frequently for business as well as pleasure and appreciates the importance of a fine place to stay while away from home. Annie's top floor, oceanfront condo suite D32 is managed by a bona fide property management company in Kona and is cleaned by a professional cleaning crew. Her lovely Kona Reef Suite is managed by an efficient, professionally run vacation rental company located conveniently in the heart of Kona town. She is always hands-on to make sure that her guests are happy and comfortable.
Annie Sherman purchased this Condo in 2011
Why Annie Sherman chose Hōlualoa
Annie fell in love with the gorgeous oceanfront view of Kona Reef Suite D32 and has acquired the lovely suite in her mother's honor. 'The beauty of the ocean and sunsets brings back memories of my mother. The beautiful oceanfront view of the suite befits her. I would love to share it with others. It will make my mother proud...' She said.
What makes this Condo unique
* Next door is the romantic Honl's White Sand Beach! * The renowned Royal Kona Resort Hotel is also our neighbor! * Only 5 mins' in your flip-flops walk to shopping, farmers market, dining and downtown attractions in the historical Kailua Village. * So close to town yet doesn't have the busy hustle and bustle feeling. * Kona Reef Suite D32 is an Absolute Oceanfront Suite. The ocean is only 23 ft. (7 meters) in front of your own private spacious lanai (balcony)! * Year Round Sunset View! * Private top floor suite offers great vantage points for the panoramic majestic oceanfront views. Please see the exquisite oceanfront views taken from the lanai of Suite D32. No traffic noise. Only the soothing sounds of the ocean. * Complex has elevators. * Top floor offers Privacy. * Spectacular Kona sunset view over Kailua Bay all year round from your own private spacious lanai. Unlike some ocean view units, no sunset views half the year from these units. * Watch dolphins frolicking in the distance, whales, sea turtles, surfers, cruise boats and sail boats from your own private spacious lanai. *Gorgeous oceanfront view from the living room and open kitchen! * Ceiling fans and new air conditioner (with endless fresh ocean breezes to boot!) * Well equipped open full kitchen has all the comforts of home. Bright and cheery! New stove and dishwasher. * Bathroom has both shower and tub. * Washer/Dryer in suite. * Suite provides beach chairs, beach towels, snorkeling gears, cooler, etc.. * Comfortable, huge, California King Size Bed imported from Indonesia and Queen Size Sofa-Bed to accommodate additional guests. * 48" new Flat Screen LED smart TV in living room and 40" Flat Screen TV in bedroom. Also DVD and CD players and radio. * Free WiFi in suite. * 20% heated, salt-water, non-chlorine, chemical-free, large oceanfront swimming pool and jaccuzi. * Lots of above and underground free parking. * Security on property. * Only 8 miles from Airport.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Spectacular oceanfront condo
Don't think you can have a more spectacular view. We loved watching the activity on the ocean (cruise ship, kayaks, outriggers, snorkelers, fishermen, surfers) sunrise and sunset. Very peaceful and relaxing which is what we were wanting. We had to leave our suitcases in the living room because there was no room in the bedroom to open or store them. Parking was always a challenge if you were out past 6 p.m. Variety of restaurants and shops in an easy walking distance. A very relaxing, enjoyable week here.
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are happy you have enjoyed the spectacular ocean front view of my unit and the convenience of it’s locale. The small bedroom is a fact at every Kona Reef unit. Some owners opted for queen beds to allow more room for luggage. We have a cal king as we believe guests prefer the comfort of the largest bed. Kona Reef is on prime real estates in the beautiful resort town of Kona where space is at a premium. In return, it offers unparalleled ocean front view (less than 25 ft. from the ocean) away from the hustle and bustle, yet has the unbeatable convenience of easy walking distance to restaurants, shops, tourist attractions and nightlife, etc. Other condo complexes might afford larger units but most require long commute time to Kona town in heavy traffic and none have the jaw dropping unblock-able ocean front view that Kona Reef can offer. Therefore, Kona Reef direct ocean front units, especially the few on the top floor such as mine, remain the most sort after.
Kona Reef Oceanfront D32
You can not beat the view from this top floor apartment. The waves crashing right under the balcony, with the setting sun creating Instagramable views! The bed was comfy, good water pressure in the shower, and comfortable, relaxing living room. It was also great to have a washer/drier, free parking, cable TV and wifi.
There is really no room in the bedroom for a suitcase, and we weren't really there long enough to unpack, so we just had them in the living room. We thought there was only 1 beach chair, but discovered as we were cleaning up to leave, that there is a note (under a decorative hat) explaining that more beach items were available in a storage box! The kitchen items definitely could use some updating/replacing.
If you're looking for a great view, walkable to town, I can definitely recommend this apartment.
Christmas in Hawaii
Totally enjoyed our stay in this condo. It was clean, comfortable, and within walking distance of everything that we needed. It was also fully stocked, so we spent very little out of pocket replacing necessities. Perfect for a couple's getaway. We had a blast and never contacted the owner or management company because everything was GREAT! I highly recommend this property.
Great ocean front property!
We spent six nights in this ocean front condo and it was just as advertised. The condo is directly on the water, and we spent each afternoon / evening watching the sunset from our balcony. Also enjoyed watching whales offshore directly from the balcony. Overall was a great rental property for the price. We enjoyed the close proximity to town (roughly a 10 minute walk to the various bars and restaurants), and the ocean front location of the complex. We did not use the pool or other condo facilities, but parking was very convenient, and used the complex lounge chairs located directly on the water. Although it is a bit dated, the condo is tastefully decorated, and fully stocked with everything you need for a vacation on the beach. Will definitely stay here again for a return visit.
This place is a unique find!
Annie's condo was superb! We had such a nice stay. The privacy and view are unbeatable, easy walk into kona and daily farmers market! Annie was very responsive and available during our entire stay. Ocean roars while you sleep in a very comfortable bed, pool and bbq are great and this condo offers a cooler, beach chairs, snorkle sets and more. We had a lovely time and when we return we will be staying here again!
We are thrilled that you have enjoyed my condo! You both were fantastic guests! We look forward to your return! With sincere Mahalo and Aloha! Annie, Owner
Breathtaking oceanfront views/sunsets!
Great romantic getaway! The unit was clean as was the whole complex. This condo is a very short stroll into town and the farmers market, and close to the water as you could get! Even enjoyed watching yellow tangs swimming in the waves from the lanai.
Thank you very much for posting a five-star review! We are delighted that you both have enjoyed your stay in my condo. We hope to see you again next time! Owner, Annie
Kona Reef is conveniently located in the heart of Kailua town within short walking distance to shops, bars, restaurants, etc. and yet is located in a quiet scenic side street on the oceanfront away from people and traffic noise.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
1 to 6 nights - no discount. 7 to 29 nights - 5% discount. 30 nights or more - 10% discount. Please contact owner for special terms. Discount does not apply to special offer, last minute offer, IronMan, Christmas holiday period. Rates don't include tax/fees. One-Time Exit Cleaning fee - $125. Rent includes electricity. Free WiFi. Free parking. Cable TV on both TVs. TIN: GE-178-891-1616-02