"Ocean's Song" * Luxury 5BR/6BA Home, Pool, Elevator * 1 Block to Beach * 5-Star(64 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
5 STAR -LUXURY HOME, 5 bedrooms, 6 full baths, private pool, elevator, sleeps 12
Before you get started, I hope you will take a moment to look at our Guest Reviews! These candid comments from our guests will give you a good idea of what you will enjoy during your visit.
**** Also, just to let you know I do rent throughout the holidays.... THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS 2017 are available for booking now.. Dates are flexible during those times, so just let me know what days your family would need beyond the usual week stay. We put up lovely trees and tasteful decorations, so the house looks 'magical' for Christmas!! [Or we can decorate for Hanukkah]
WELCOME to 'Ocean's Song'.... 'The Ocean's Song is the music of our souls!'
This is NOT your granny's beach house!! Ocean's Song is a gorgeous 3,800 sq.ft. house (a den is now open in addition to the rooms shown), decorated to reflect the Island/Coastal chic, and yet very comfortable with the 'feel' of a cozy old Isle of Palms beach house, yet it is only 10 years old. High end finishes, granite counters, stainless appliances, hardwood floors throughout, laundry room with new washer and dryer, plus the 'Powder Room' is a full bath as well!!
AND, EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE on suite BATH!! This house is designed for the whole family -- children of all ages welcome!!! (We also welcome the four-legged family members as well.)
This home is designed and situated for pool and beach fun! It is beautifully decorated and has every convenience for your stay and yet you will feel comfortable and can 'kick back' and relax!! 'Ocean's Song' is the house you will fall in love with -- where you will want to return year after year!
A few things you will enjoy:
* The entire backyard is a pool [salt water system] area with two levels of decks. Many chairs/chaise lounges and tables make it a great area for entertaining, playing in the pool and sunning! The six burner grill will test Dad's culinary skills.
* The large elevator helps avoid carrying your things up steps, plus it is roomy enough for a wheelchair.
* One block from the beach, it is only a 3 min walk! We have provided beach toys, Boogie boards, Tommy Bahama beach chairs, Beach Buggy, Beach Wagon and Beach umbrellas. Being one block off Palm Blvd. gets you away from the heavy traffic and all of the 'off road' beach parking for the public. You have private parking and no one will be parking in the front yard except you!
* The Isle of Palms Rec Center is just one block away, with tennis courts, gym, fitness center, basketball court, baseball field and lots of play area for your athletes and the youngsters. And there is also a "Dog Park" for your "other" family members!!
* This ten year old house has all the high-end features and appliances you would want -- stainless appliances, french door refrigerator w/ ice and water in door, separate beverage center, oven and warming oven, microwave, gas cook top, Keurig coffee maker and regular coffee maker, plus electric water pot for tea. The kitchen features granite counter tops, two separate sinks, an island and a large outer counter. The kitchen is TOTALLY equipped with EVERYTHING YOU NEED! We also have a separate laundry room with a new heavy duty washer and dryer, plus laundry sink.
* You will like the luxury of the Biltmore Estate sheets and towels, as well as Pine Cone Hill bed skirts. Luggage racks, hair dryers and hand/full length mirrors are provided. Each bedroom is beautifully appointed [with numerous sleeping pillows!] and ready for you to relax at the end of a fun-filled day!
* Ocean's Song has an inverted floor plan. GROUND LEVEL is the garage area where there is a Ping Pong Table, shower and various toys, plus the sliding glass doors out to the pool area. The FIRST level has four bedrooms, each with its own bath. There is also a laundry room on that level. The SECOND level has the MBR, OPEN kitchen, dining area and great room. Also a screened porch. The THIRD level has no living area, but has furniture for you to sit and relax while you enjoy looking out at the view [ocean in distance] and sunsets!
* Almost forgot to mention the 'tellies' -- 60' HD TV with sound bar and Blu-Ray player in the Great Room, 51' HD TV and Blu-Ray player in MBR, and 40' TV's in all of the other BR's. Also high speed WI-FI
* There is more, but we hope you get the idea!! Some other features are listed below and we will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.
We purchased, decorated and appointed this home to be our own personal winter home.... We are delighted to share it and HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO!!
*** BOOKING NOW FOR FALL/WINTER 2017
*** 2017-- Weeks still available in MAY/SEP/OCT/Thanksgiving/Christmas/NewYear's.
*** CHRISTMAS 2017 still available, please contact me for photos from last year. Spending Christmas at Ocean's Song with your family will be 'magical'.... I decorate the house very tastefully with gorgeous trees, outside lights, etc.... you will absolutely love it!! [Or as I mentioned earlier we can decorate for Hanukkah.]
I look forward to hearing from you.... YOU WILL LOVE "OCEAN'S SONG" !!
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2012
- 3600 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 12
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 12
- First Level: Two KING Bedrooms, One Bedroom with 2 Queen beds, and One 'KIDS' Bedroom with (1) Twin bed with trundle, and a Bunk Bed that is a Twin over Full [this 'kids' room will sleep 5]. The Second Floor has the Master Bedroom: with KING Bed and luxury 5 piece bath. ** ALL BEDROOMS HAVE PRIVATE BATHS!!!!!...moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms
- DVD Player:
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 25 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning:
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
Ground floor has pool and ping pong table, 1st Level has 4 BR ea w/private baths, 2nd Level has Open Living/dining/kitchen area and MBR, 3rd Level has covered deck for evening drinks /looking at ocean...moreless
- Free Local Calls
- Free Long Distance
- Gas Fireplace:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet
- 4 Ring Stove
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
Dishes & Utensils:
Complete compliment of Pfaltzcraft dishes and all the utensils you could want! Also glasses, wine glasses, serving dishes, etc... you will not be disappointed with the supplies in this kitchen! ...moreless
- Garbage Disposal
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items:
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Beach Umbrellas
- Deck / Patio:
- Deck Furniture
- Large Cooler
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 29 - May 26, 2017
7 night min stay
EARLY SUMMER 2017
May 27 - Jun 23, 2017
7 night min stay
PEAK SUMMER 2017
Jun 24 - Aug 25, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 26 - Sep 9, 2017
7 night min stay
Sep 10 - Sep 23, 2017
7 night min stay
LATE FALL 2017
Sep 24 - Oct 7, 2017
7 night min stay
Nov 18 - Nov 28, 2017
7 night min stay
Dec 20 - Dec 27, 2017
7 night min stay
NEW YEAR'S EVE 2017
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $1,000
- Pet Fee $100
- Tax Rate 13.5%
**PLEASE call if you have specific questions. Once you confirm your desire to book the house, I will send you a link so you can pay by Credit Card or Personal Check on VRBO/HomeAway's secure site... You pay a deposit of $2,000. and the balance of your payment is due 60 days prior to your arrival. Also, please be sure to check out our "Contract" on this site as well... once you have booked, I will "Snail Mail" a copy to you. Your package will include additional information about the house and also information about Restaurants, Things To Do and Shopping!! I look forward to hearing from you. I guarantee you will find no other house as spotless and where as much care and thought is given to your enjoyment and your week!!
*Dog fee is $100.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
'Ocean's Song' is only about 20 min to downtown Charleston, 20 minutes to the Charleston Airport (CHS) and is conveniently located only 1 block to the beach with access on both 27th and 28th streets. It is also only 1 block from the Isle of Palms Recreation Center!! The Rec. Center has outdoor basketball, tennis and ball fields. Also a Dog Park. AND has indoor gym and basketball, plus many other activities....
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Hello! My husband, Bill, and I purchased Ocean's Song in 2012. We currently live in Denver, CO, having moved there from Ohio, to be closer to our family. Bill is a lawyer and still practices part-time from home. I am a retired executive from Trans World Airlines and now manage Ocean's Song full-time. We are keeping very busy in retirement. Bill spends his free time playing golf and bridge, fly fishing, keeping up with his old Harvard buddies and constantly studying the stock market! My free time is spent managing Ocean's Song, watercolor painting, taking photos and planning my next decorating/rehab project!!! We fell in love with the Isle of Palms and Charleston when we first visited back in 2002 -- since that time we have continued to spend 3 months here every winter and are now extending that time to 6 months. Although not a professional decorator, decorating is my passion!! Ocean's Song is my biggest project, to date -- I had previously rehab'd and decorated a lovely 1920's house on the waterfront of Lake Erie. "Summer Hill Cottage", was featured in Lake Erie Living magazine as one of the '"Top Ten Rentals on Lake Erie'". that included PA, NY, MI & CANADA!! Bill and I also "flipped'"a bungalow in Charleston that was featured on the HGTV program, 'Buy or Rent' [Season 1, episode 12] AND this past August, I purchased and rehab'd a "Fishing Cabin" in the mountains of Lake George, CO, right in the heart of Colorado's fishing country with private and Gold Medal waters and lakes AND HUGE trout and northern pike!! So we look forward to the 2017 fishing season! If you, like to fish, let me know, as I will be renting this cute cabin for summer 2017. Only 2BR and 1 BA, but soooo cute, cozy and BEAUTIFULLY decorated!! Thank you for taking time to read this... we look forward to hearing from you. Warmest regards, Linda and Bill Letson
Why the Owner Chose Isle of Palms, SC, USA:
Location, Location, Location!!! One short block to the beach and one short block to the Isle of Palms Rec. Center**!! AND 20 min to downtown Charleston and 25 minutes to Charleston International Airport. ** The Isle of Palms [IOP] Rec Center is one block away and has a gym, exercise room, outdoor tennis, basketball, baseball and soccer courts, and a playground area for smaller children. There is also a fenced Dog Park, with separate areas for large and small dogs.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
As owners, we care VERY MUCH about our guests!! We personally manage every detail -- very much UNLIKE a professional "Rental Agency"!! This is reflected in the wonderful amenities in the house and the overall décor! In renting Ocean's Song, you will arrive to a SPOTLESSLY clean home with everything ready you for your visit!!! We 'micro manage' the home to ensure that things are as lovely as possible, and that you have the supplies you need for your stay -- you will not have to purchase anything extra, it is all there, plus many extras!! And if any problems should arise, I am available by phone 24/7... I have an entire crew of professionals who can handle any situation/problem, within a few hours!! So..... no need to worry that we are in Denver.... you, and your problem, are never more than a call away!! *** I hope you will take a few minutes to read our "Guest Reviews"..... they give you very clear picture of what you will experience at Ocean's Song. We look forward to your visit!!
- Primary: (330)719-0476
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
LUXURY 5-STAR Home!!! Ocean's Song is an "Oasis" for your vacation.
Foyer: Dramatic entrance with tons of light and space.
Cozy great room with 60" TV, Blu-Ray.... seats 12.
Spacious GOURMET Kitchen!!! Supplied with everything you could possible need!
Screened Porch off Great Room. Cozy place to relax, and also has table for 6
Extra large Master BR, with desk, great lighting and sitting area.
Luxurious five Piece Master Bath, with large Jacuzzi and spacious shower.
Front King Bedroom [1 of 3] light, airy and has a desk! Access to front porch.
This 4th BR has 2 Queen beds and tons of space!! And of course, attached bath.
One of Six FULL Bathrooms
Your own 'Backyard Resort' You will really enjoy this area, with grill as well.
In addition there are 3 beach buggies, wagon, 12 beach chairs and coolers.
WELCOME to Ocean's Song.....
Beautiful cozy great room with seating for 12... part of total "Open Floor Plan"
Dining Room area.. seating for 10/12 at table and 8 more at kitchen bar counter
Extra under-counter frig/beverage center and separate ice maker.
Extra seating on Screened Porch. Great for dining or playing cards/board games.
,Cozy sitting area in Master Bedroom. Also has beautiful 5 piece bath attached.
Master Bath vanity with double sinks, wonderful lighting and granite!
3rd King BR!! Large spacious and light bedroom, with chair & small table.
Bunk Bed w/Twin over FULL bed. PLUS separate TWIN w/trundle.[Sleeps 5 if needed]
Spacious Entertaining Deck and Pool Area with umbrellas for shade as needed.
Pool and beach toys and even games! Plus boogie boards!
Your family will have a very Merry and COZY Christmas, gathered around the tree.
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.