About the property
- House1100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
4 bdrm 2 bath: 2 queens, 2 twins, & twin bunks. Family friendly. 2 dogs max.
When you book, let us know who will be staying in our house. We like to get to know you a bit, as this house is very much our home.
**NOTE: THE BUNK BEDS ARE NOT RATED FOR ADULTS. At least 2 people in a party of 8 should be children.**
- LOCATION: We're located in South Nags Head at MP 20. We'll give you the address when we receive your final payment. The map is accurate. We are 3 miles from Jennette's Pier (North) and 3 miles from Bodie Island Lighthouse (South).
- HOW MUCH? Use the detailed price calculator. Tax and fees (other than pet fee) are included in the price. Cleaning fee is $100. Pet fee is a flat $50 for up to two dogs. PAYMENTS/DEPOSIT? Payments are split into two installments.
- HOW FAR TO THE BEACH? Approximately two blocks from door to sand...under three minutes. We have a video of the walk to the beach to give you an idea of what the access is like. We're uniquely positioned directly across from the beach access point across the road. Please only use our bridge, as others are private property. Just FYI: Route 12 is quiet where we are, but children should be supervised when crossing it.
- DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN BED SHEETS? Yes, you must bring your own bed sheets and extra towels. Here are the linens we do provide: two bath towels in each bathroom, hand towels, kitchen towels, bathroom rugs, comforters/duvets, and plenty of pillows and extra blankets. If you don't want to bring your own, reasonably priced linen services that offer free pickup and delivery are available throughout the OBX.
- DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN TOILET PAPER & OTHER INCIDENTALS? Yes. However, we provide starter rolls of toilet paper and paper towels. You must provide all incidentals for yourselves (bathroom items, laundering items, and food). With that said, we recommend checking in and looking around before shopping for most items. Chances are you won't have to buy things like laundry soap or mustard...lots of items get left behind.
- DO YOU ALLOW PETS? Yes. Pets are a flat $50 fee. No more than two mild-mannered, house-trained dogs, please. No cats--we're allergic. CAN MY DOG WALK ON THE BEACH? Yes. Leashed pets are allowed on Nags Head beaches year round. Leashes must be no longer than 10 feet.
- LAYOUT: 4 bedroom, 2 bath. All bedrooms are the same size, and located in each corner of the house. Each pair of rooms shares a bathroom. DINING: Picnic-style dining table seats 6, and there are 3 bar stools. There is a screened porch and open deck on the back, plus a full deck across the front--including a crow's nest for ocean and sound views. (Be sure to do some stargazing from the crows nest. It's usually dark enough to see the Milky Way and the occasional meteor.)
- WHEN DO I CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT? You can arrive as early in the AM as you want on your designated check-in day. You must leave by 2PM on your check-out day. We don't do same-day turnovers.
- HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I BRING? No more than 8. It's a small house. We don't think you'll be comfortable with more people than that. There are two queen bedrooms, two twins which can be pushed into a king, and the last room has twin bunk beds.
- DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS OR TRAVEL INSURANCE? Our rental agreement says that you must give 30 days notice to receive a full refund, but we understand that life happens. Inform us asap if you can't honor your reservation. We offer full refunds if a hurricane or other named storm ruins your vacation, or if your charter fishing trip is cancelled beyond your control. We do not offer refunds for rainy weather.
- NIGHTLIFE? Ready to party? This isn't the place. The closest bar is a mile and a half away from here, and South Nags Head can frequently feel isolated. This is a good place to read a book and fall asleep in the sun.
- ACCESSIBILITY: We do not have a ramp or elevator at this time. One must be able to navigate 12 steps in order to enter the house. The town maintains the beach access, which is a walkway connected by stairs on either side. There is a dune, but it is tough to navigate around the stairs depending on what the weather has done to the sand. Keep in mind that beach wheelchairs, strollers, and beach carts may not be able to easily access the beach from our access across the street.
- WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED MY MESSAGE?: It's not you, it's me. It's impossible to reply to everyone, but we try. If we didn't get back to you, it's because:
- You don't provide any information about yourselves (we do get what we believe to be spam, so please appear to be a real person)
- Your party is too large
- You are too young (min. of 25 yrs)
- You have too many pets. No more than 2 dogs, please.
- We have reason to believe our rental may not meet your needs. We suggest people go elsewhere if we think they have their heart set on a particular experience that our location doesn't provide.
- We are busy with our day jobs. The system give us 24 hours to respond before automatically deleting your request. If you see that the calendar is still open, send another request.
- I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! Please ask. We try to always respond to questions about the house or the OBX. We all work hard for our vacation time, and we understand that you need your beach trip to be the best.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, some German
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
We live and work in Virginia, and do so in Nags Head whenever we can. When we can't be here, we enjoy sharing our home with others. Your payments are used for home improvements. We hope that, over time, our OBX house reflects our interests and philosophies. This is very much our home, and we love being here. Respect it like you would your own home.
Owner purchased this House in 2012
Why Owner chose Nags Head
We love South Nags Head. It's quiet and secluded, the beaches are clean, and there is easy access to restaurants, bars, and shopping. Our house is close enough to the beach that you won't mind the walk. The Outer Banks has a small town feel...it's quiet and people are friendly. Don't forget to wave to folks, and be mindful of everyone's desire for peace and quiet. If you need to get away from your fellow vacationers, take a half-hour's walk South on the beach; the houses disappear and the beach becomes secluded parkland.
What makes this House unique
Ocean and sound views. Dark skies at night. Plenty of room underneath the house to: wash off the sand in the outdoor shower; wash your car; clean your fish; grill out; store outdoor toys; relax on the porch swing; or have a beer at the picnic table. There's also a crows nest, a front deck, and two porches on the back. Strandhaus adopted the stretch of beach that you'll be relaxing on. Help us keep it clean!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-out: 2:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Greta Weekend Getaway
3 Senior Ladies & 3 Teen Ladies, 2 Bathrooms & 4 Berdooms... Plenty of room for everyone. Nicely updated Bathrooms, Kitchen & Floors. Quick walk to the Beach.
Clean, comfy, great location.
Great beach house. Nice kitchen and comfortable living room. Short walk to the beach, close enough to the restaurants and shopping of Nags Head to be convenient, but far enough away for it to be quiet and lower traffic. We had a great time!
Very comfortable furnishings and quiet location
Would stay again!
The house was in a great location and had all the amenities we needed.
Wonderful property in OBX!
Our family loved this house! Everything was exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated and had everything for a fun holiday! We will definitely be staying here again! This house feels very much like a home. There were lots of board games, books, movies, video games and other cute/creative things to do.
We highly recommend Strandhaus!
Family had a great time. Its a quick stroll to the beach that was never crowded. House was comfy and had everything we needed for a fantastic week. Outdoor hose and shower were key! Note: Mosquitos are no joke after dark...be prepared!
Far enough south to be secluded and quiet, but still a short drive to everything you need. Check out: Wright Brothers' Memorial, Jockey's Ridge State Park, Bodie Island Lighthouse, piers, and great food nearby. Take a short drive to Manteo for a dog-friendly, walkable town with lots of history, shopping, food, and museum. Go for a day trip to Hatteras, or take the ferry to Okacroke and back.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
*Note: Pet fee is $50. Two dogs MAX. No cats; we're allergic. We factor taxes into the rates you see. There's nothing worse than getting to the checkout and discovering the thing you wanted is going to cost more than you expected. Because of that, we try to make the pricing as simple as possible. For us, this is more home and less rental property. We don't offer special rates just to fill up, and we sometimes want peak season times for ourselves. Feel free to inquire despite what the calendar shows, as (for the outside viewer) it does not differentiate between rentals and time we've blocked for ourselves. Last-minute rentals are welcome.