Quick Beach Access and Dog Friendly! ($50 Pet Fee)(22 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
4 bdrm 2 bath: 2 queens, 2 twins, & twin bunks. Family friendly. 2 dogs max.
**Note that at least 2 people in a party of 8 should be children. The bunk beds are not rated for adults**
- LOCATION: We're located in South Nags Head at MP 20. We'll give you the address when we receive your final payment. The map is pretty accurate. We're 3 miles from Jennette's Pier (to the North) and 3 miles from Bodie Island Lighthouse (to the South).
- HOW MUCH? Use the detailed price calculator. Tax is included in your price. The cleaning fee is $100. The pet fee is a flat $50 for up to two dogs. PAYMENTS/DEPOSIT? Payments are split into two installments.
- HOW FAR TO THE BEACH? Approximately two blocks from door to sand...under three minutes. We have a video of the walk to the beach to give you an idea of what the access is like. We're uniquely positioned directly across from the beach access point across the road. Please only use our bridge, as others are private property. Just FYI: Route 12 is quiet where we are, but children should be supervised when crossing it.
- DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN BED SHEETS? Yes, you must bring your own bed sheets and extra towels. Here are the linens we do provide: two bath towels in each bathroom, hand towels, kitchen towels, bathroom rugs, comforters/duvets, and plenty of pillows and extra blankets. If you don't want to bring your own, reasonably priced linen services that offer free pickup and delivery are available throughout the OBX.
- DO I HAVE TO BRING MY OWN TOILET PAPER & OTHER INCIDENTALS? Yes. However, we provide starter rolls of toilet paper and paper towels. You must provide all incidentals for yourselves (bathroom items, laundering items, and food). With that said, we recommend checking in and looking around before shopping for most items. Chances are you won't have to buy things like laundry soap or mustard...lots of items get left behind.
- DO YOU ALLOW PETS? Yes. Pets are a flat $50 fee. No more than two mild-mannered, house-trained dogs, please. No cats--we're allergic. CAN MY DOG WALK ON THE BEACH? Yes. Leashed pets are allowed on Nags Head beaches year round. Leashes must be no longer than 10 feet.
- LAYOUT: 4 bedroom, 2 bath. All bedrooms are the same size, and located in each corner of the house. Each pair of rooms shares a bathroom. DINING: Picnic-style dining table seats 6, and there are 3 bar stools. There is a screened porch and open deck on the back, plus a full deck across the front--including a crow's nest for ocean and sound views. (Be sure to do some stargazing from the crows nest. It's usually dark enough to see the Milky Way and the occasional meteor.)
- WHEN DO I CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT? You can arrive as early in the AM as you want on your designated check-in day. You must leave by 2PM on your check-out day. We don't do same-day turnovers.
- HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I BRING? No more than 8. It's a small house. We don't think you'll be comfortable with more people than that. There are two queen bedrooms, two twins which can be pushed into a king, and the last room has twin bunk beds.
- DO YOU OFFER REFUNDS OR TRAVEL INSURANCE? Our rental agreement says that you must give 30 days notice to receive a full refund, but we understand that life happens. Inform us asap if you can't honor your reservation. We offer full refunds if a hurricane or other named storm ruins your vacation, or if your charter fishing trip is cancelled beyond your control. We do not offer refunds for rainy weather.
- NIGHTLIFE? Ready to party? This isn't the place. The closest bar is a mile and a half away from here, and South Nags Head can frequently feel isolated. This is a good place to read a book and fall asleep in the sun.
- ACCESSIBILITY: We do not have a ramp or elevator at this time. One must be able to navigate 12 steps in order to enter the house. There are no stairs, boardwalk, or parking lot to access the beach...just a medium-sized dune. However, one can drive a car across the street to the beach access and pull up right next to the dune if necessary...but you can't park there.
- WHY HAVEN'T YOU ANSWERED MY MESSAGE?: It's not you, it's me. It's impossible to reply to everyone, but we try. If we didn't get back to you, it's because:
- You don't provide any information about yourselves (we do get what we believe to be spam, so please appear to be a real person)
- Your party is too large
- You are too young (min. of 25 yrs)
- You have too many pets. No more than 2 dogs, please.
- We have reason to believe our rental may not meet your needs. We sometimes suggest people go elsewhere if we think they have their heart set on a particular experience that our location doesn't provide.
- We are busy with our day jobs. The system give us 24 hours to respond before automatically deleting your request. If you see that the calendar is still open, send another request.
- I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS! Please ask. We try to always respond to questions about the house or the OBX. We all work hard for our vacation time, and we understand that you need your beach trip to be the best.
Member since: 2013
- 1100 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View:
Directly in front of the house is a public road leading to the beach (3 min walk). You can just barely see the ocean while sitting in the living room, and you can see it clearly from the crows nest....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room:
- Washing Machine:
Grinds and brews. Or brews pre-ground coffee. Help yourself to any coffee we have there. Make sure you rinse out the components before you leave. Also have a Chemex and likely some filters....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Winter & Spring
Jan 1 - May 20, 2017
2 night min stay
May 21 - Jun 10, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 11 - Jun 24, 2017
2 night min stay
Jun 25 - Aug 5, 2017
2 night min stay
Aug 6 - Aug 19, 2017
2 night min stay
Aug 20 - Sep 2, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning fee $100
- Pet Fee $50
*Note: Pet fee is $50. Two dogs MAX. No cats; we're allergic.
We factor taxes into the rates you see. There's nothing worse than getting to the checkout and discovering the thing you wanted is going to cost more than you expected. Because of that, we try to make the pricing as simple as possible.
For us, this is more home and less rental property. We don't offer special rates just to fill up, and we sometimes want peak season times for ourselves. Feel free to inquire despite what the calendar shows, as (for the outside viewer) it does not differentiate between rentals and time we've blocked for ourselves. Last-minute rentals are welcome.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Far enough south to be secluded and quiet, but still a short drive to everything you need. Check out: Wright Brothers' Memorial, Jockey's Ridge State Park, Bodie Island Lighthouse, piers, and great food nearby. Take a short drive to Manteo for a dog-friendly, walkable town with lots of history, shopping, food, and museum. Go for a day trip to Hatteras, or take the ferry to Okacroke and back.
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We live and work in Virginia, and do so in Nags Head whenever we can. When we can't be here, we enjoy sharing our home with others. Your payments are used for home improvements. We hope that, over time, our OBX house reflects our interests and philosophies. This is very much our home, and we love being here. Respect it like you would your own home.
Why the Owner Chose South Nags Head, Nags Head, NC, USA:
We love South Nags Head. It's quiet and secluded, the beaches are clean, and there is easy access to restaurants, bars, and shopping. Our house is close enough to the beach that you won't mind the walk. The Outer Banks has a small town feel...it's quiet and people are friendly. Don't forget to wave to folks, and be mindful of everyone's desire for peace and quiet. If you need to get away from your fellow vacationers, take a half-hour's walk South on the beach; the houses disappear and the beach becomes secluded parkland.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Ocean and sound views. Dark skies at night. Plenty of room underneath the house to: wash off the sand in the outdoor shower; wash your car; clean your fish; grill out; store outdoor toys; relax on the porch swing; or have a beer at the picnic table. There's also a crows nest, a front deck, and two porches on the back. Strandhaus adopted the stretch of beach that you'll be relaxing on. Help us keep it clean!
Links to more information:
View from the crow's nest. Public beach access across the street.
New deck and crow's nest
Master room 2: Queen. No TV. Closet, dresser, ironing board.
Bedroom #3: Turn the two identical twins into a king w/ bed bridge & king quilt
Bathroom 2: usually has leftover shampoo, etc; removable non-slip shower insert
Living and dining.
Screened back porch.
Outdoor shower. Wash off your sand!
Laundry room: ice maker, 2 adult beach cruiser bikes, 2 scooters
"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
Front of the haus.
Master room 1: Queen, TV with Amazon Fire, dresser, closet, land line phone
Room 3: Two identical twins that can be pushed together to make a king.
Bathroom 2: Includes hair dryer. Each bathroom includes 1 roll of TP + 2 towels
Room 4: twin bunks, desk, dresser, bookshelf with kids books and activities.
Living room: smart TV (w/ house Netflix account), DVD, CDs, books, games
Open back porch looking out at the parkland towards the sound--great sunsets!
Understory: picnic table, swing, grill, shower, laundry, clothesline, hose
Sunset from the crow's nest.
Bodie Island Lighthouse. 3 miles south.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, February 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.