About the property
- Bungalow800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Historic Bungalow in Downtown Fort Lauderdale, close to everything!!!
Our lushly landscaped double lot, private compound consists of two historic bungalows. This listing is about one of the 1912 bungalows. The bungalow has been lovingly renovated while keeping its old Florida style. Nestled just a short walk from downtown and less than 2 miles to Fort Lauderdale beach, this truly is a little piece of paradise. We are surrounded by Old Florida vegetation, which include live oaks, loads of palm trees, an avocado tree, and even an orange tree is on this spacious double lot property.
We have available a Key West Style bungalow for temporary rental. The bungalow has a lovely one bedroom, with a separate living room, and full kitchen with granite counter top. Our bathroom is stocked with new towels and linens. In our Angelfish cottage,we just purchased a brand new king size bed for your comfort. Our stylish Urban Outfitter couch converts into a full size futon bed. This cottage can sleep up to 4 people. In addition, we have a screened in front porch and a lovely outdoor patio with patio furniture and access to a gas grill.
We are close to everything!!! Walking distance from the River Art Walk, Performing Art Center, restaurants, bars and cafes. We are minutes away from the beach and intercostal, where you can hop onto the water taxi and find your way around on a boat. We are just about 15 minutes away from the Fort Lauderdale airport. We live in a historic neighborhood; coincidentally we are located where the first fort was built. We are also within a few blocks to public transit and less than a mile to Tri Rail, which is our local train that takes you from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami or West Palm Beach.
What makes our place unique, it’s just so charming!! We love to have people feel at home in a tranquil space. Relish in this one of a kind home with a minimalist style décor but with all the modernized comforts of home. This is truly an amazing spot that gives you the feeling of living the simple life.
Certificate of Compliance 1600295
It is unlawful for a sexual offender to occupy this residence. City Code
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, german, spanish, portuguese, italian, dutch, danish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 07, 2018
About Ana Boza
I am not a native Floridian but grew up in Fort Lauderdale and have called it home since 1972. I still love this city for all the wonderful things it has to offer. I love the beach and the weather. Living in the tropics and close to the beautiful white sands of Fort Lauderdale beach is a real blessing. I have set roots here and see myself as a part of the natural landscape of this amazing eco system. Many visitors, do not venture out into the pristine national parks in the Everglades but I highly recommend visiting this unique area which is so close by but far away enough to enjoy the wilderness.
Why Ana Boza chose South Fort Lauderdale
Location, location, location. I love this historic neighborhood nestled in a residential area but within walking distances to theatre, museums, beach, airport, shopping shops/mall,restaurants,bars,Port Everglades, and any boating sports.
What makes this Bungalow unique
This cottage was built in a simpler time, 1912!! It is made of Dade County Pine. The layout is simply but spacious, with a screened in porch and plenty of windows to let the breeze come in every room. Although, it has been completely renovated with new electric wiring, plumbing, central air conditioning and heating, and new kitchen. We have attempted to keep the integrity of the bungalow while bringing the comfort of today.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Just as advertised, lovely place.
Ana was fantastic and the property was perfect. Nice and quiet but good location for access to downtown and Las Olas.
Thank you John, you were also an excellent guest!! Hope to see you back soon!
beautiful place. everything is provided. convenient to many places to eat or visit or shop. owner is wonderful!
Thank you Sheila, you guys are also awesome! Thank you for returning to my sweet little Bungalow, we look forward to your next visit!
Had a wonderful time. Cottage was cute cozy and just what I needed. Ana was most gracious and kind. I would return.
Thank you Chris, you were an awesome guest!!! I hope you enjoyed your R&R!!
Very quaint, quiet home.
Very close to the beach
We stayed at this bungalow for 2 weeks for our honeymoon. It was the worst place we've ever stayed in 30 years as world travellers.
1. Locks were loose.
2. Bulbs were blown.
3. Cooker sets smoke alarm off so we had to take it down leaving us vulnerable to fire risk.
4. Windows need an old stick to keep them open so we did not open them incase we couldnt close them afterwards and bathroom window would not open at all.
5. Hairdryer supplied smoked and sparked heavily as soon as it was plugged in.
6. Bitten badly in bed every night, including moving out of the room and trying sofabed. Windows were never opened so bugs must possibly be present in property.
7. Air conditioning stopped working 3 times once it was not working for 2 days.
8. Hottub had broken control panel and was in a pokey area with lots of dirt debris leaves and bugs surrounding it. Also had a 2" wide white tide mark inside at waters edge with a very heavy chlorine smell. This area is overlooked by a derelict house. Is dark and dismal.
9. We had to strip and clean the bedroom plus launder the bed linen three times to try to keep nightime bites at bay, so we lost valuable time of our holiday.
10. A pest exterminator was called so we had to cut our day short to meet him, who would not reveal his findings until the homeowner opened a contract which they did not. He did recommend a high heat treatment for the whole property and said there could be bugs present.
11. The window blinds are see through at night once the light was on, so we had to put towels across Windows for privacy.
12. Bathroom door was sticky did not open and close easily with no working door catch nor a lock, so privacy was comprimised.
13. Pest exterminator from the inspection recommended we wash then hot dry all our clothes once we got home, we did this resulting in some of our clothing being shrunk and is now of no use to us.
All in all a horrendous stay. Housekeeper lady was very nice and tried her best to help.
Owner was not present and has not responded to our complaint.
Hence the title NEVER AGAIN.
David and Alison.
Hello David an d Allison,
We made every attempt to make your stay wonderful and addressed your concerns immediately.
Florida is a tropical place with mosquitoes, we do not have any other bugs and had an inspector in your presence to assure both you and your wife. We gave you every opportunity to go to a hotel and refund your unused days but you both decided to stay.
I received an emailed from you that everything was fine, I felt bad about your mosquitoe bites and send you both a nice bottle of wine.
I enjoy having guests and its a disappointment we did not meet your expectations.
Charming, comfortable, convenient
This was the third time I have chosen to stay in this beautiful cottage. Everything has been provided for a wonderful vacation. The house is immaculate and well furnished. The landscaping is exquisite. Can't wait to come back.
Thank you again, you are so welcomed. We also enjoy hosting you!!! Great guests!!! Please visit again and I will make sure we will have a special treat.
My historic bungalow is centrally located within walking distances to many restaurants and local attractions. We are within a few minutes ride to our local beautiful beach in Fort Lauderdale and airport. Our city provides Broward Bcycle rentals throughout the city or hop on our local water taxi to get you around Ft. Lauderdale. Fort Lauderdale is sometimes known as the 'Venice of America' because of its expansive and intricate canal system. We are a few blocks away from the New River, where you may enjoy cruises, kayaking, water paddling or just relax at any of the restaurants that are situated right by the river.
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change till reservation is confirmed.