17 Acre Log Retreat & Wildlife Galore!(10 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Property type:Lodge
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
5 Bedrooms, 3 Bath, Log Cabin With Downstairs Apartment (Sleeps 18+)
• The American River is 30 minutes from the cabin. It’s a popular destination for whitewater rafting, especially May through September. Raft rentals and/or group rafting tours are available in the nearby towns of Wiemar and Auburn.
• Other popular attractions in the area include hiking, cycling and gold panning.
• Local golf courses host picturesque views and host players of all levels.
•Tahoe and Reno are to the east on Interstate 80.
Tahoe, only 77 miles up the road, is a popular destination for outdoor adventurers throughout the four seasons. The casinos of Reno are only 97 miles from the cabin.
• Auburn, known as the 'Endurance Sports Capital of the World,' is 15 minutes to the West. Between June and October. The Tevis Cup horse race and the Western States 100 Mile (160 km) Endurance Run highlight Auburn as a center of endurance sports events.
• Sacramento is 45 minutes to the west, and San Francisco is an easy drive of 2 1/2 hours. Both of these nearby cosmopolitan cities host international airports and are hubs for dining and entertainment.
• 2 great lakes are only 25 minutes away, Rollins Lake, near the town of Colfax, and Scott’s Flat Lake east of Nevada City. Swimming, boating and fishing are popular in both lakes in the summer.
• Winter sports like snowboarding and skiing are available in nearby Tahoe and Northstar. Ski resorts such as Boreal are under an hour away.
Summary of Activities (on site or nearby):
Biking Cross Country Skiing
Our cabin is your private wooded retreat, sitting on a cul-de-sac in the trees on a 17 acre parcel with only one visible neighbor.
Surrounded by oak and pine woodland and forested hills our 17 acres retreat has plenty of room for rambling with your family and friends with a stream for swimming and fishing only a 3 minute walk from the house in non-drought years.
There is an extensive DVD collection.
The 3400 sq ft house has a cozy wood-burning stove and a 50” flat screen. There are 5 bedrooms: 1 over-sized (84” double bunk bed with trundle--sleeps up to 5), 1 bedroom with 2 twins, two bedrooms with queen beds (1 is a Tempurpedic adjustable bed with massager) and private baths, and 1 bedroom with a double. There is also a queen sleeper sofa.
Drive just a few more miles up the mountain and see picturesque Nevada City and sister city Grass Valley, two gold rush towns established in the 1850’s and enjoy antiquing and art hunting in their historic streets. Both towns have lovely gift shops and diverse eateries from down-home to upscale. Horse-drawn carriage rides are also available in Nevada City. Go for a tour of Nevada County’s county's many mines in our historic old west towns or drive to Apple Hill for fresh cider and apple pies.
There are many opportunities for fishing in our beautiful mountain lakes, streams and rivers, and water-sport enthusiasts will enjoy jet skiing, boating and water skiing. Our area also has several Country Clubs for golfing.
Relax and watch the abundant wildlife or use the cabin as a hub for some of the best outdoor activities in the Sierras. Our mountain region is a mecca for outdoor and food enthusiasts from all over the country.
Naturalists and bird watchers will have wildlife viewing galore as our local Sierra Nevada mountains and woodlands come alive in the Spring with baby turkeys, quail and gangly spotted fawns as well as native wildflowers and blossoming, heavenly scented buckeye.
• Spa/Hot Tub
• Small Above-ground Pool (available May 1 - September 1)
Fishing stream on property.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2013
- 3360 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 15-16
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Double shower, double sink, toilet
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Water Tubing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 12 people
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 16 - Jan 3, 2017
3 night min stay
May 27 - Jun 30, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 12 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning and prep fee $145
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 10%
- Strictly enforced non-smoking/no pet policy
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Our home is located in the beautiful Gold Country of California near the picturesque mining towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City. Skiing, water and snow, (depending on the season) fishing, hiking, cycling, rafting, kayaking and horseback riding are just a few of the outdoor activities within an easy drive of our home.
Comfortable Living Room
Partial Front of House
Bed Room With Oversized Double Bed Bunk
Kids At Northstar Ski Resort
Our son jumping into a secluded swimming hole on the American River.
Swimming and Fishing Hole on Property, water is actually deeper than it looks!
Kayaking on Lake Tahoe
Alta Sierra Country Club just up the street
Relaxing evening around the fire and under the stars..
Rafting nearby on the American River!
Keep Tahoe Blue!
Evening in Grass Valley
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.