Come to San Diego! See Our Deals of the Month! Coastal-Cottage Decorated Home(29 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths (Sleeps 6)
August Deal: Save $70 off a 7 night reservation!
* Please note that the auto-quote feature is NOT able to include this discount. You must submit an inquiry to receive a quote that displays your discount. Thank you.
The average nightly rate for 7 nights or more is $210.71. For 30 nights or more, the average nightly rate is $110.00. The Week day rate is $225 and weekend/holiday rate is $250 per night.
OLD CASTLE COTTAGE IS UNIQUELY PART HOTEL, PART VACATION RENTAL, AND PART BED AND BREAKFAST! Check out our guest reviews for details about what makes us so unique!!
• Professionally decorated home with a cottage/coastal theme.
• Hot coco for the kids, gourmet coffee & tea for you!
• Farm fresh eggs from Annalee’s hens await you in the fridge.
• When in season, fresh cut flowers from the gardens are made into lovely arrangements expressly for YOU!
• Seasonal produce from our organic gardens and orchard await you.
• Solar power and well-water make this a very eco-friendly property.
THE MOST FAMILY-FRIENDLY PROPERTY AROUND!
• Redwood play set with swings, slide, and climbing wall are a favorite for the children.
• Fully stocked toy box, game cupboard, and DVD movie collection.
• Infant friendly with high chair, pack & play, and assorted baby blankets.
• Booster seat for toddler age and up.
• Three bedrooms make for plenty of “nap-ready” locations.
• Assorted picnic gear for family day trips in and around San Diego.
5 MINUTES OFF THE 15 FREEWAY, OLD CASTLE COTTAGE IS CONVENIENT FOR ALL YOUR EXCURSIONS
• There are an abundance of restaurants and resorts from 5 to 15 minutes away.
• Disneyland is 65 minutes away
• Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Zoo Safari Park are within 30 minutes
• Major shopping Malls and outlet malls are within 20 minutes
• Wineries and Local live entertainment in downtown Escondido, Temecula, San Diego, or one of the many casinos from 10-30 minutes away.
MAKE MEMORIES WITH PHOTOGRAPHY
• Brides Favorite! Capture the treasured seasons of your life through photography.
• Gardens, mature trees, rose-covered arbors, grass lawns, gazebos, and bridge are all wonderful back drops at Old Castle Cottage.
• One-of-a-kind vintage props and photo studio are also available for rent.
• We recommend Debb Cozzi Photography, as she specializes in natural light portraits. Old Castle Cottage guests appreciate her affordable photo session packages.
* Full Kitchen - with separate wine cooler
• Bedrooms: 3 (1 King Size, 1 Full Size, Two Twin Beds)
• Baths: 2 (Master has shower and separate soaking tub, second bath has large shower)
• Propane BBQ, Private backyard, Patio dining
• Internet access
• Garden Gazebo
• Dish TV with HD and upgraded TV package
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2013
- 1 story
- 1371 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The Master bedroom is spacious and offers a comfortable king-sized bed that has been topped with a three inch memory foam mattress. Fabric with a garden toile design is carried from the master bedroom into the master bath. A writing desk with view of the rose garden is a great place to write in your journal or check your e-mail. A flat-screen TV is mounted opposite the master bed for your convenience. Bedroom Number 2 has two comfortable twin beds decorated in a coastal cottage theme and has a view of the back yard garden. Bedroom Number 3 is charming with a design theme similar to the black and white toile design found in the master bedroom. It offers a double bed with a chest of drawers and a garden view....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 9 - Apr 23, 2017
5 night min stay
4TH OF JULY
Jun 30 - Jul 5, 2017
3 night min stay
Sep 1 - Sep 4, 2017
3 night min stay
Christmas New Year
Dec 1 - Jan 1, 2018
7 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Administration Fee $25 + tax
- Cleaning Fee $125 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 8%
If someone inquires for dates you have requested, they will be added to a wait list. Your booking will be guaranteed as long as you provide deposit, contract, and payment within dates due.
The "monthly" rate is based on 30 days. Additional days prorated. The cleaning fee for the monthly rate is $350.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 2 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
• 5 minutes to Castle Creek Golf Course and Welk Resort Golf course. Other nearby golf courses include: Pala Mesa, Torrey Pines, Aviara Golf Club, and Coronado Golf;
• 5 minutes to Farmer’s Market at Welk Resort. Other Farmer’s markets are 15 minutes away;
• 5 minutes to resort restaurants;
• 15 minutes to local wine tasting
• 15 minutes to Escondido for shopping and North County Mall;
• 20 minutes to Escondido Center for the Performing Arts;
• 25 minutes to San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly San Diego Wild Animal Park);
• 25 minutes to water park;
• 15 to 30 minutes to Temecula or Carlsbad Outlet Mall;
• 30 minutes to a beautiful beaches and Legoland;
• 30 minutes to botanical gardens;
• 35 minutes to Del Mar Race Track (July through September);
• 35 minutes to San Diego County Fair at Del Mar (June through 4th of July);
• 35 minutes to the Birch Aquariam and LaJolla Cove Seal Preserve;
• 40 minutes from downtown San Diego, SD Zoo, Balboa Park;
• 45 minutes to San Diego International (Linbergh) Airport;
• 73 minutes to Disneyland;
• 2 hours to Hollywood;
• 8-35 minutes away are five large casinos - some with live entertainment.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We have been in Valley Center since 1985 and love the 'home town' feel here. We hope you have opportunity to visit this charming community!
Why the Owner Chose Hidden Meadows, CA, USA:
We had admired this property for many years and jumped at the opportunity to purchase it in 2007. Those who visit here, frequently comment about the unique beauty of grounds. We can only give credit to God and the original founding family who had a great vision for enhancing the natural beauty here and left a marvelous fingerprint on this ranch.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The three acre lawn, formal rose garden, gazebo, and bird and butterfly gardens are very special! We feel most fortunate to share a piece of it with you!
- Primary: +1 7605199285
Links to more information:
Old Castle Cottage - surrounded by gardens!
The Gazebo is perfect for tea time or a meal!
Photo Shoots at Old Castle Cottage are FUN! Contact owner for details!
The family room is an inviting place to play games, watch TV or curl up by the fire with a good book!
The master bedroom is elegant and romantic!
Gathering in this country kitchen is where memories are made!
Like the Master bedroom, Bedroom #3 is charmingly romantic!
Relax with a glass of ice tea and enjoy the views from the porch!
This 2-person hammock is just waiting for YOU!
Old Castle Cottage is surrounded by mature trees that offer shade and beauty.
Cross that bridge and escape into your own private park.
Old Castle Cottage is ablaze with bloom from Spring through Fall
The illuminated Gazebo is an especially romantic bonus with the cottage rental!
Old Castle Cottage is the ideal place for family photography!
Beautiful garden view from the porch of Old Castle Cottage!
A romantic master bedroom!
The master bath has a soaking tub. Open the window and smell the orange blossoms
Bedroom #2 offers two twin beds.
Sit a spell on the old fashioned porch swing!
To enjoy the lovely purple blossoms of this tree (in background) come in April!
Charming pieces are available for your photography use!
Entrance to the Old Castle Cottage.
Children enjoy their own private park!
The green grass and shade are so inviting!
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, January 20, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Request to book
Contact the owner or see rate notes on this listing for additional information and fees
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.