About the property
- House1371 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
DISCOUNT OF THE MONTH
Save $70 off a 7 night reservation!*
*The auto-quote feature will automatically reduce your quote to include this discount in your nightly rate. It will not appear as a separate line item. Thank you.
The standard rate - without discount - is $250/night, $1750/week (plus taxes/fees)
Reservations for more than 30 days may be available with discount above what you will be quoted on the auto-quote feature. However, you must contact the owner for details and availability.
***A signed rental agreement is required within 24 hours of payment to confirm all reservations.***
OLD CASTLE COTTAGE IS UNIQUELY PART HOTEL, PART VACATION RENTAL, AND PART BED AND BREAKFAST! This charming cottage shares 7.2 park-like garden acres with the owner's main house. Check out our guest reviews for details about what makes Old Castle Cottage such a special vacation destination.
• Professionally decorated home with a cottage/coastal theme.
• Gourmet coffee & tea for you! Enjoy your tea in the quaint gazebo!
• Farm fresh eggs from Annalee’s hens await you in the fridge.
• When in season, fresh cut flowers from the gardens are made into lovely arrangements expressly for YOU!
• Seasonal produce from our organic gardens and orchard await you.
• Beach trips made easy with these amenities: towels, umbrella, chairs, & cooler.
• Gated acres of park-like lawns and gardens provide beauty, privacy, and security.
• Solar power and well-water make this a very eco-friendly property.
THE MOST FAMILY-FRIENDLY PROPERTY AROUND!
• Redwood play set with swings, slide, and climbing wall are a favorite for the children.
• Fully stocked toy box, game cupboard, and DVD movie collection.
• Infant friendly with high chair, pack & play, and assorted baby blankets.
• Booster seat for toddler age and up.
• Assorted picnic gear for family day trips in and around San Diego.
5 MINUTES OFF THE 15 FREEWAY, OLD CASTLE COTTAGE IS CONVENIENT FOR ALL YOUR EXCURSIONS
• There are an abundance of restaurants and resorts from 5 to 15 minutes away.
• Disneyland is 65 minutes away
• Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Zoo Safari Park are within 30 minutes
• Major shopping Malls and outlet malls are within 20 minutes
• Wineries and Local live entertainment in downtown Escondido, Temecula, San Diego, or one of the many casinos from 10-30 minutes away.
MAKE MEMORIES WITH PHOTOGRAPHY
• Brides Favorite! Capture the treasured seasons of your life through photography.
• Gardens, mature trees, rose-covered arbors, grass lawns, gazebos, and bridge are all wonderful back drops at Old Castle Cottage.
PLEASE NOTE: Because Old Castle Cottage offers such a charming garden setting we receive MANY requests for weddings, showers, rehearsal dinners, and large events. Please note: we are VERY sorry, but we DO NOT offer any events on the grounds. The max capacity of the cottage is 6.
* Full Kitchen - with separate wine cooler
• Bedrooms: 3 (1 King Size, 1 Full Size, Two Twin Beds)
• Baths: 2 (Master has shower and separate soaking tub, second bath has large shower)
• Propane BBQ, Private backyard, Patio dining
• Internet access
• Garden Gazebo
• Dish TV with HD and upgraded TV package
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 09, 2018
About Teresa McKeown
We have been in Valley Center since 1985 and love the 'home town' feel here. We hope you have opportunity to visit this charming community!
Teresa McKeown purchased this House in 2007
Why Teresa McKeown chose Hidden Meadows
We had admired this property for many years and jumped at the opportunity to purchase it in 2007. Those who visit here, frequently comment about the unique beauty of grounds. We can only give credit to God and the original founding family who had a great vision for enhancing the natural beauty here and left a marvelous fingerprint on this ranch.
What makes this House unique
The three acre lawn, formal rose garden, gazebo, and bird and butterfly gardens are very special! We feel most fortunate to share a piece of it with you!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Quiet, clean, and well equipped.
Teresa's property is really as nice as it looks in the pictures. The cottage was well equipped with enough supplies to keep me out of the grocery store 'till the next day. Teresa was very accommodating. She checked with us several times via the app or text messaging to make sure everything was satisfactory. It was obvious that she wanted to make sure our stay was perfect. Not only was the stay satisfactory it really way exceeded expectations. Little things like towels and supplies for the beach, a toybox with toys for my granddaughter made the stay even better. The grounds are immaculate and the garden stunning. Teresa and family have a separate house but the landscaping is such that the cottage feels very private. Much more so than a typical suburban home. The back yard has a wooden fence so is completely private. If I'm back in the area I'll certainly check to see if Teresa's place is available.
It is a rare treat to have 4 generations gather at Old Castle Cottage. We love to see families make memories here! Your family was especially nice and we'd love to have you back again!
Absolutely beautiful home!
We stayed in Teresa's cottage during a recent trip to San Diego. My 87 year old father was with us as well as my son and granddaughter and we all thoroughly enjoyed our time. The property is the prettiest place we have ever rented. It is in a quiet, safe location and I enjoyed walking on the property. The home is beautiful, comfortable and furnished with everything you need. We most definitely would stay again!
Thank you for sharing such kind words about your stay at the cottage. I am inspired to try and live up to that generous review! I would be more than delighted to have you return to the cottage and I thank you again for choosing to stay at our property.🌹
The home is exactly like the pictures... Breathtaking! The landlord was very attentive to our needs and we had the warmest of welcomes. I felt very secure with my small children exploring the rose garden or sitting drinking hot chocolate in the cazebo. We were 30 minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from the casino. It was an amazing experience.
We were so happy to see you enjoy the cottage. Warmest congratulations to you and your daughters. They are both very talented and it was great to learn their team had achieved such an impressive award!
Perfect Bridal Suite for a Relaxing Wedding!
I can't thank you enough for allowing us to stay in your beautiful cottage for my wedding! My bridesmaids and I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful setting to get ready for my wedding. The house was perfectly decorated, the grounds were BEAUTIFUL, and the gazebo became a highlight for my wedding photographer! Before the big day began, I took a cup of coffee out to the gazebo to relax with the fountain. The scenery was EXACTLY what I needed to calm my nerves & just enjoy my surroundings. Also, the little details you put into your cottage were so appreciated! We loved the bottle of champagne & fresh baked cookies, as well as the other little goodies left for us (we were so sad we didn't have enough time to cook up the fresh eggs you brought over!). The other HUGE thank you we have to give you is from my mother. While we were all getting ready for the wedding, my mom misplaced a very precious diamond/emerald necklace that has been in the family for years. We weren't able to find it the morning of the wedding; however, you allowed us to come back to the cottage the day after the wedding (at 9PM!) before we left the area. We found the necklace!! My mom was beyond grateful to you! Thank you again for everything!!
Thank you for allowing Old Castle Cottage to be part of your wedding weekend! It was a pleasure to coordinate your stay. I was impressed by the way you had every detail well planned. I absolutely loved the photos you sent - Thank you for sharing them! Your photographer captured some stunningly creative images. I wish you both every happiness in life and thank you for allowing Old Castle Cottage to share in your very special day!
P.S. A memorable moment for me, was to see your dear Mom reunited with her heirloom necklace! Please give her my best.
The best ever!
We rented this property with the kitchen in mind. We spent the weekend preparing food for a friends wedding in Valley Center. Teresa and John were so supportive and hospitable. Not only was the kitchen clean and useful the back yard BBQ and table came in handy as well. After a long day of chopping, preparing, cooking and serving we sure looked forward to coming back to the cottage to relax and unwind. We especially enjoyed the beautiful outdoor lawn and gardens. John's continuous attention and upkeep on the property really shows. I lover that Teresa pays close attention to details when it comes to hospitality. Everything we needed was there and easy to find. Costco, restaurants and other major stores are just a 15 minute drive away.
We feel privileged to have been able to stay at Old Castle Cottage. I would definitely recommend this property.
Deb and Don
Dear Deb and Don,
We were so pleased to meet you by way of the cottage! When gracious guests like you cross our path, our lives are definitely enriched! Don is quite a chef and "Master" of all things BBQ. We thank you for sharing a sample of the food you prepared for the wedding. Deb, the side dishes were excellent! We were touched by your spirit of generosity and would so love to have you return to the cottage. Thank you again for being 5-star guests!
Adorable cottage and perfect bridal suite
Thank you so much for making our family feel so welcome and at home while staying in your beautiful cottage. It was the perfect place for my daughter to stay in as her bridal suite and to get ready for her big wedding day. Both my daughter and I wish we had more time to stay and enjoy the cottage and it's beautiful surroundings.
It was a pleasure to have your family stay at the cottage in conjunction with your daughter's wedding. You have a lovely family!
• 5 minutes to Castle Creek Golf Course and Welk Resort Golf course. Other nearby golf courses include: Pala Mesa, Torrey Pines, Aviara Golf Club, and Coronado Golf; • 5 minutes to Farmer’s Market at Welk Resort. Other Farmer’s markets are 15 minutes away; • 5 minutes to resort restaurants; • 15 minutes to local wine tasting • 15 minutes to Escondido for shopping and North County Mall; • 20 minutes to Escondido Center for the Performing Arts; • 25 minutes to San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly San Diego Wild Animal Park); • 25 minutes to water park; • 15 to 30 minutes to Temecula or Carlsbad Outlet Mall; • 30 minutes to a beautiful beaches and Legoland; • 30 minutes to botanical gardens; • 35 minutes to Del Mar Race Track (July through September); • 35 minutes to San Diego County Fair at Del Mar (June through 4th of July); • 35 minutes to the Birch Aquariam and LaJolla Cove Seal Preserve; • 40 minutes from downtown San Diego, SD Zoo, Balboa Park; • 45 minutes to San Diego International (Linbergh) Airport; • 73 minutes to Disneyland; • 2 hours to Hollywood; • 8-35 minutes away are five large casinos - some with live entertainment.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
If someone inquires for dates you have requested, they will be added to a wait list. Your booking will be guaranteed as long as you provide deposit, contract, and payment within dates due. The "monthly" rate is based on 30 days. Additional days prorated. The cleaning fee for the monthly rate is $350.