About the property
- House1475 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
4 Bedroom / 2 Bath ('EAST' side of our side-by-side Duplex) 1-Week MINIMUM STAY
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY 'RESERVATION REQUEST' UNTIL YOU COMMUNICATE WITH THE OWNER. OWNER ALWAYS NEEDS TO PRE-APPROVE ALL GUESTS AND ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS FIRST.
• LARGEST PRIVATE POOL on EMERALD ISLE!!!
Pool measures 44' long x 16' wide. The Pool design has wide, shallow steps/entrance-way at both ends which makes it great for children and the elderly. It is 4 feet deep. It also has a floating rope that divides the pool down the middle so that you have your own side for privacy. Our Concrete decking (surrounding the pool) is cool on the feet (unlike TREX Decking that other houses use which is hot).
• NO CHARGE for POOL HEATING: in May/June and Sept/Oct when heat is needed (Saves you over $550!
…because MOST houses in Emerald Isle charge $550 to $600 ‘additional’ for Pool Heating!!! We don’t!!!)
(Pool Heater operable only when the air temperature is above 60 degrees...so the month of April is very
iffy if the pool will be warm enough for swimming. That is why our ‘APRIL’ RATES are comparable to homes 'without' a pool). Pool heating is not at all necessary for the months of July/Aug.
Click on "More Details" to expand this description....
• This house is a DUPLEX (side-by-side, EAST & WEST). We own both sides and only rent to families.
• The WEST side of this Duplex is also available. If this EAST side does not have availability for the week you want, then check out our WEST side. (WEST side is VRBO Listing #703893
• Pool is to be shared with the renters of the other half of the Duplex. For your privacy, each side of the pool has its own entry point and there is a dividing rope down the middle of the pool to separate your half.
Early Bird Discount is the only discount we offer and is offered in the months of November and December. We offer 20% off the base rate for anyone who books in November and December and pays the rate in full.
• Decorated with tropical décor and light Beachy colors.
• Hardwood flooring! (in Living room & Dining room).
• 2 Large-screen TV’s (one in LR and one in downstairs Master Bedroom)
• Open floor plan
• Ocean Views from Living room, Dining room and Kitchen.
• PROVIDED: Cleaned Linens, bath towels, wash clothes, & bathroom hand towels.
• Cleanliness: Providing a Clean House is something we take very seriously. We use an exceptional cleaning company. We never allow pets or smoking in the house.
• Amazing Views: Large Oceanfront Sitting Deck right off the living room, as well as a sitting-area-deck situated between the Beach and the Pool…for watching the waves and the ocean, breathtaking sunsets in the evening and sitting out under the stars at night…all while listening to the ocean waves!
• Steps to the Ocean! Open the windows and feel the wonderful breeze.
• Natural Native landscaping.
• GAS GRILL (shared): Gas is not provided if it runs out... but we will reimburse you for the cost of a refill tank in addition to $25 for your time for going across the street to Ace Hardware to pick up a refill.
• NOT PROVIDED: Beach Chairs and Beach umbrellas are not provided (better Very Sturdy commercial-grade umbrellas and chairs may be rented at a number of different places including: Island Essentials, EI Beach Gear.
• PLEASE NOTE: This is not a new home or luxury interior…we do not have granite counter-tops, stainless steel appliances or expensive bedroom furniture. If that is important to you, then this would not be the right house for you. Our house is just as you see in the photos. We focus our expenditures on providing an AMAZING POOL with a clean comfortable interior, clean comfortable beds, fresh linens and a nicely-stocked kitchen …all at a very competitive price. This is one of the lowest-priced Ocean front pool homes on the Island, yet one of the nicest pools.
• LAUNDRY ROOMS: Separate, private Laundry rooms are on the ground level of the property.
• AVAILABILITY/CALENDAR ACCURACY: The Calendar showing availability is ALWAYS 100% accurate. But remember…we also own the WEST side of this Duplex…so if the EAST side is not available, enter “703893” in the VRBO search bar to check availability of our WEST side.
Great location on a quiet street conveniently close to grocery, gift-shops and local restaurants (all only blocks away).
45 Minute Drive to Historic Beaufort, where you can see the house that Blackbeard stayed in, visit a historic small cemetery with Confederate-War Soldiers, kayak over to shackleford banks, and sneak up to the wild ponies grazing in the shallow water, take a high-speed boat ride over to Cape Lookout National Seashore where the old CAPE LOOKOUT Lighthouse is.
BEDROOMS (4) / Maximum Occupancy = 8.
Two of the four Bedroom’s are Oceanfront (each with Queen Beds, one with high Ocean-View Balcony/Deck).
Beds: (2) Queen + (2) Double + (2) Single.
Linens provided (delivered to the house and picked up after the rental).
• Large Pool with 'cool to the feet' concrete deck
48-inch Flat-screen Cable TV (in LR)
32-inch Flat-screen SMART Cable TV (in Master Bedroom)
• (2) Bathrooms (all renovated in 2010)
• Washer/Dryer (private, on ground level)
• Fully-stocked Kitchen
• DVD player
• Internet: wireless high-speed provided (but not guaranteed against interruptions)
• Ceiling Fans throughout
• Covered and Open (non-covered) decks with porch furniture and rockers
• Outside shower on the walkway (not enclosed).
• Gas grill (shared) - Gas is not provided if it runs out... but we will reimburse you for the cost of a refill tank in addition to $25 for your time for going across the street to Ace Hardware to pick up a refill.
• Beach Chairs and Beach umbrellas are not provided (much better, Very Sturdy commercial-grade chairs & umbrellas may be rented at a number of different places including: Island Essentials, Emerald Isle Beach Gear.
NOTE: ALL Bookings MUST be made and paid through VRBO. That is our agreement with them. We cannot accept any other payment or Reservation methods.
• Swimming (Pool and Ocean)
• Wind surfing
• Jet-ski rentals
• Bicycling/Jogging/Walking (Miles of Bike Paths starting 2 blocks from the house)
Site-Seeing / Day-Trips on the Crystal Coast (most are less than a 45-minute car ride)
• NC Aquarium (Pine Knoll Shores – 15 minutes away)
• Historic Beaufort (45 minutes away) NC’s 3rd Oldest Town, dating back to the 1700’s. Waterfront Gift-shopping, NC Maritime Museum, 10 minute kayak over to the Island full of wild Ponies. See the house that Blackbeard stayed in. See a small cemetery that dates back to the 1700’s with a few Revolutionary War Soldiers buried there.
• NC Maritime Museum (in Beaufort) See artifacts for local Blackbeard’s Ship and much more
• Carrot Island - Kayak up to the Wild Spanish Horses from the 1700’s
• Cape Lookout Lighthouse (45 minute car ride to a high-speed boat ride over to the Island). Take your bathing suit because they drop you off on the beach for clear-water swimming and sunbathing right in front of the 150-year old lighthouse.
• Cape Lookout National Seashore: 56 miles of undeveloped shimmering beaches. Ride along the ocean by car.
• Shackleford Banks – Wild Spanish Horses from the 1700’s
• Fort Macon – Historic Civil War Fort
• Fishing Trips (everywhere)
• Morehead City – Starting point for Wild Horse & Shelling Safari day trips
• Theodore Roosevelt National Maritime Forest
OCEANFRONT BEACH HOUSE IN EMERALD ISLE NC / HEATED POOL / AMAZING VIEWS!!!
OCEANFRONT Beach House in Emerald Isle N.C. / HEATED POOL /AMAZING VIEWS!!!
OCEANFRONT - HEATED POOL - AMAZING VIEWS!!! (LARGEST POOL ON EMERALD ISLE !!! )
OCEANFRONT HOUSE with HEATED POOL, AMAZING VIEWS & BEST LOCATION!! Emerald Isle
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within two days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 27, 2018
Our family has been spending summer vacations on the East Coast since the very early 1900's when our Great Grandfather took my Grandfather as a boy down to the barrier Islands off the Eastern seaboard. Sadly, as much as all the older generations LOVED the shore, they were never able to afford to buy a house there. My Grandfather had the opportunity to 'buy' a lot on an Island for $200 in the early 1900's, but in his own words; 'that was too much money' back then...he couldn't afford it...he grew up in the great depression. We need to remind ourselves that we are a very blessed generation to have been able to finally buy a Beach House. It still took a lot of sacrifices and it is not easy, but we know it brings a lot of joy to a lot of people...not just us. We have a young 'special-needs' boy, and there is no greater feeling than watching his face when he is at the Beach! We are sure this will bring many fond memories to your Children... if you can simply put down the cell phone, computer and remote while you are here and just enjoy being with your family at the Ocean!
Don purchased this House in 2001
Why Don chose Emerald Isle
Our Father decided that since he was just a few more years away from being about to retire that he wanted to buy a house on the NC Coast and retire there. He visited the entire NC coast looking at real estate and he apparently fell in love with Emerald Isle because he singled it out and focused on the market there. Sadly, two weeks later after making his last trip there, he passed away...at the young age of 54. Many Years later, when I decided to buy a Beach house on the Oceanfront, I started taking trips to every Island and every town up and down the NC Coast. Upon doing so, there was no question that Emerald Isle was by far the prettiest Island in my opinion. It's natural beauty is everywhere you look. It has pristine beaches with very clean, warm water. The Ocean is shallow and great for children. The architecture on the Island is a mix of Sandcastles and small cottages. There is maritime forest with old curvy tall Live Oak tree's. There is fine dining, miles of bike paths, a wide beautiful Sound for boating and so much more.
What makes this House unique
Clean, warm, shallow Ocean water with expansive, pristine white sandy Beaches!!! Pure Nature at it's best! The Island runs East to West allowing views of both the sunrises and sunsets.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
This was out 3rd time in the past year. We are never disappointed. The house is very comfortable and has everything you need. The pool is great and just steps to the beautiful beach. Conveniently located to shopping and dining. Less than an hour from New Bern airport.
Don is very responsive to any questions we have had. We will be returning year after year.
Very clean and bright. Absolutely loved the fact it was on the ocean. The pool was fabulous.
Had 8 people and we had plenty of space. Everyone was impressed with the property.
Amazing location and view! Loved everything about our week!
Beautiful property and home. Location is prime. Short walk to the pier and shops. Anything you could possibly need is only minutes away. Stunning views. Pool is great, home is clean and as advertised, met all our expectations and then some. Don, the owner, is great. Very responsive to all my texted questions. Highly recommend. Looking forward to next year!
We had a most enjoyable time. The accommodations were great, the home was clean, and well equip. Having beds already made and linens provided was definitely a plus. To be able to look out and enjoy the ocean with your morning cup of coffee doesn't get much better than that. The pool was the best part of all. The fact that it was heated was awesome. We spent most of our day in or around the pool.
Best beach vacation for our entire family
We absolutely loved the Shangri La on Emerald Isle. We rented both sides of the duplex to accommodate us, our 3 children, and grandchildren. We couldn’t have found a better place. The set up was perfect. Better than anywhere we have stayed before and we will definitely be coming back to this home. Everyone loved the large private heated pool and the beautiful beach only steps away. The views were spectacular any part of the day or evening. Don, the owner, checked in on us to make sure everything was as we expected. All the years we have been taking our children (and now grandchildren) on vacation they told us this was best place we have ever stayed at.
Wonderful Vacation House
We took my 90 year old mother to this house for a week to celebrate her birthday. We could not have picked a better place, The house was tastefully decorated, spacious for seven adults, with a terrific view of the ocean.The kitchen is well equipped for cooking. No way to describe how much fun the heated pool was.(day and night) With a shallow entry my mom was able to get in the warm water. We shared the pool with another family and became instant friends. The house is within walking distance to the pier. High winds, because of Hurricane Irma, prevented us from going in the ocean, but was a beautiful view of a ferious ocean from the house. We were worried that the steps at the front of the house would be too much for my mom, but she managed them quite well. The owner, Don, is friendly and very easy to work with. He messaged a couple of times to check to make sure all was well. No compaints from us!
We are looking forward to going baack!!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
PAYMENT TERMS for 2017: Traveler pays 50% at time of booking and the remaining 50% balance (and taxes) is due 60 days prior to check-in date. If making the reservation less than 60 days prior to check-in, full payment is due upon booking. For all ‘Spring’ 2017 weeks, we ask that traveler pays 50% at time of booking and balance on or before Nov. 30, 2016. (This is because our ‘Spring’ Heated-Pool Season is in high demand and most traveler’s book those reservations at least 6 - 9 months prior) EARLY-BIRD SAVINGS: Bookings made prior to January 1, 2017 will lock into 2016 year’s rates (lower rates). Rates are increased each January 1 for the new Season. Reservation Fee = 0. Unlike many other Homeowners, we don’t charge a Reservation Fee. Copy of Rental Agreement is available for your review by simply clicking on the "Request To Book" icon. OWNERS CANCELATION POLICY: See below. See Rental Agreement for more details.