One Minute Walk to the Beach in Emerald Isle!(25 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Property type:Bungalow
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Just Steps to the Beach!
This 2 bedroom/1 bath bungalow is the north side of a duplex and an ideal getaway for couples and small families. The home is ground level so there are no stairs to climb. This is especially convenient for senior citizens and families with small children. The property was completely refurbished a few years ago. Some of the updates and additions include, new ceramic tile floors throughout, a completely new kitchen and appliances, new bathroom fixtures, including a new and expanded shower, a new central heat/air system, screened doors, an enclosed hot/cold outdoor shower, and a laundry.
***Full week rentals are from Sunday to Sunday.***
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY.
We also own the south side of this duplex (See VRBO Listing #755055).
The property is also 3rd row to the Bogue Sound at the opposite end of the street from the beach. There is a public water access there too and a good place to launch a kayak or just explore the sound.
A recently paved bike and walking path that spans the full length of Emerald Isle runs right beside Slice of Life.
The North Carolina Aquarium is located approximately 7 miles away and the Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier is approximately 5 miles away. In addition there are many other nearby activities. These include: Golf, Kayaking, Fishing, Shopping, Boating, Sightseeing, Miniature Golf, and a Movie Theater, to name a few.
Slice of Life is located in a residential/beach neighborhood. Emerald Isle is a family beach with no large crowds or nearby hotels.
Small Dogs (2 max/40 lbs. or less) are allowed with pre-approval and a non-refundable pet deposit. The pet deposit is $20 per night (per dog/2-max) for stays of less than a week, not to exceed $100, or $100 for a full week stay. If you are making a reservation, bringing your dog and staying less than a full week, this site will only show the $100 amount, no matter the length of stay. Please send me an email and I can create the correct pet fee amount in the system based on the number of nights you will be staying.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2015
- 700 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The south side unit of Slice of Life may be available for rent if needed for extended family or friends. It is a mirror image of the north unit and was renovated around the same time. LINENS-Linens are included with weekly stays, however guests may elect to bring their own which would reduce the rate by $70. Linens are provided by a linen company and are delivered to the unit before arrival and picked up after departure. A linen package includes sheets for all beds, towels, washcloths, bath rugs, and kitchen towels and dishcloths. ***In order to keep rates lower, stays of less than a week do not include linens, however guests may add them to their reservation for an additional $70. TAXES – North Carolina sales tax is 6.75% and Carteret County occupancy tax is 6%, for a total tax of 12.75% (subject to change by state or local government) which is added to all rentals of 90 days or less. ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Away From It All
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Housekeeper Included
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Apr 30 - Jun 3, 2017
3 night min stay
Jun 4 - Aug 19, 2017
7 night min stay
Aug 20 - Sep 9, 2017
4 night min stay
Sep 10 - Sep 30, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $100
- Refundable Damage Deposit $150
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: A North Carolina native I have been vacationing in Emerald Isle since childhood. I've got the inside scoop on all things Crystal Coast and glad to help you make the most of your visit!
- Primary: +1 2525229742
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beach access at the end of the street-2 houses past Slice of Life.
Kayaking on the Bogue Sound, launched just across the road from Slice of Life.
Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier
Deck and enclosed hot/cold shower.
On the Beach by Slice of Life.
Sunset over Bogue Sound from public access across the street from Slice of Life
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.