Las Parras De Abiquiu Vineyard and Guesthouse(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Farmhouse, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths (Sleeps 2)
If you long for a true country experience in northern New Mexico, with all the comforts of an old-world inn, then Las Parras de Abiquiu is for you.
The chaming guest house casita will enchant you with its traditional New Mexico design. There are two large, comfortable bedrooms, El Jardin and El Pedernal, each rented separately. The two rooms accommodate 2 people each and have nearly identical amenities including
• king-size bed
• private full bath with Mexican tile
• wood-burning fireplace
• hand-carved furniture
• private entrance and brick portal
• thick terry towels and robes
• garden patio
Our 55-acre property is surrounded by the white cliffs and dramatic mesas made famous by painter Georgia O'Keeffe. Majestic old cottonwood trees along the Chama River provide refuge for birds, wildlife, and seekers of quiet solitude.
Please call 800-817-5955 for more information.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2015
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- The design theme for El Jardin was inspired by the “tree of life” Navajo rug which hangs on the wall. The color palette includes gold, green, and blue. A wrought iron headboard of cornstalks graces a luxurious bed with hand–pressed sheets, down comforter and quilted floral coverlet. Relax with a book by the fireplace in a most comfortable upholstered chair with ottoman, or work a puzzle at a handcrafted table. Treat yourself to the fresh feeling of El Jardin. The Navajo (Teec Nos Pos) rug hanging in El Pedernal inspires with its earthy color palette of rust, gray and black. A 200–year–old mesquite door with hand forged hinges from old Mexico was transformed into the headboard for this most comfortable bed. You will love the feel of hand–pressed sheets and a cozy down comforter. Handcrafted table and chairs allow you to sit and sketch or figure a crossword. Of course, you might enjoy doing nothing but gaze at the flames of the fireplace. Come enjoy the rustic warmth of El Pedernal....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- No breakfast. Night tray every night with home-baked "goodies", fresh fruit, Stan's organic raisins, nuts & chocolates. Whether you're an outdoors-enthusiast who enjoys hiking, river-rafting or horseback riding, or whether you're interested in history, geology, music — the possibilities near Las Parras de Abiquiu are endless. We've put a few suggestions together to get you started with planning an exciting and special vacation. Both Arin and Stan will be happy to assist you with ideas and advice....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Housekeeper Included
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 11.5%
11.5% tax will be added to rental fee.
Accommodations held with credit card
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 21 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
A Breathtaking Landscape... Whether you prefer strenuous hikes or leisurely walks, you'll find a trail just right for you. While it will take the better part of a day to go all the way up to the peak of the Pedernal — the mountain that Georgia O'Keeffe painted in countless variations — some of the hikes near the Ghost Ranch Retreat Center will only take a few hours.
For the water enthusiast, the area around Abiquiu offers many possibilities. The lovely Abiquiu Lake is ideal for swimming and canoeing, and a 30 min. drive north takes you to Lake Heron. Several outfitters in Santa Fe and in Taos offer whitewater–rafting trips down the Rio Chama and the Rio Grande.
Other ways to enjoy the scenic beauty around here are on the back of a horse, or with a mountain bicycle.
Within an Hour's Drive of Las Parras...
you'll find the Monastery of Christ in the Desert (founded in 1964 by Fr. Aelred Wall, OSB, with monks of Mount Saviour Monastery in New York State), the Dar al Islam Mosque (built in 1990 by Egyptian architect Hassan Fathy), and eight Northern Indian Pueblos. The famous Santa Fe Opera draws visitors from all over the world with its eclectic program.
In case you want to pamper your body a little, why not drive to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs and soak in their naturally hot pools before getting a relaxing massage. Or visit the local wineries to join a wine–tasting tour — the grapes from Las Parras end up at Black Mesa Winery, for example.
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: While sparing no effort to make your time at Las Parras as enjoyable as possible, both Stan and Arin follow artistic pursuits. Arin fashions stunning masks in vibrant colors, and Stan crafts birdhouses made from pieces of cottonwood he finds around the property. Their creations are available for purchase.
Why the Owner Chose Abiquiu, NM, USA:
So Much to Explore... The 55 acres belonging to Las Parras offer numerous delights for any nature lover. You may want to take an early–morning stroll across the acequia and through a lovely cottonwood grove to the banks of the Chama River to observe its abundant wildlife — you might see a beaver swimming upstream, or a Baldheaded Eagle fly overhead. Closer to home, you could walk through the vineyard, letting yourself become enchanted by the vibrant colors. If you happen to stay with us during August or early September, you can pick the grapes right off the vine — an absolutely delicious treat. Or, you might join Stan at his beehives and learn about collecting honey, swarming hives, and the bees' behavior during winter. Then again, you could help Arin pick raspberries or asparagus, or you can simply watch the countless hummingbirds...
The Unique Benefits at this Farmhouse:
We invite you to take a break from the hectic world and experience the many pleasures of our guesthouse and vineyard. Whether you enjoy walking or bird watching by the river, sketching the landscape, or sitting in the courtyard with a good book: we think you'll find the comfortable tranquillity you seek at Las Parras de Abiquiu. You view only New Mexico as we own 55 acres Road to River, including six acres of vineyard and a large organic garden.
- Primary: +1 8008175955
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
This listing was first published here in 2015.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.