Travis Heights is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Austin and is tucked under expansive Live Oak trees that are hundreds of years old! It's about 2 miles to the Capitol and since we're south of the river (Lady Bird Lake), we're Austin eclectic! Tiny House may be tucked away in a beautiful and quiet neighborhood, but it's an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo), the Congress St. bats, and is also close to downtown and East-side restaurants, bars and clubs. The Whip-in, a close walk, is an eclectic restaurant, bar and live music venue whose origins were a simple corner store. Want some quiet time? Take a walk through the neighborhood to Big Stacy Park, or swim in Big Stacy Pool- open all year round! Travis Heights has the best of everything!
- Bungalow650 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 - 4 nights
Loft Bedroom, Full Bath, Open Kitchen/Living In Private Building, Big Backyard.
- english, french, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 18, 2018
About Amy Sherman
I moved to Austin from San Francisco, sight unseen, 20 years ago and we've grown up together. I rented, then bought, my current home and have been here ever since. My house has been the hub of many gatherings and I'm a natural host- just ask my friends! I'm active and am always up for adventure around town, out of town and around the world. I enjoy traveling, have lived abroad and logged many global miles, but it’s always nice to come home to enjoy all that Austin has to offer: music, dancing, natural springs, or enjoying the hike and bike trail along Lady Bird Lake. I've been in the hospitality business for several years as a travel agent, bartender, catering and event coordinator, and would love to show you why Austin is the place to be!
Amy Sherman purchased this Bungalow in 1997
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 12:00 PM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Thanks Amy for sharing Tiny House with us. We really enjoyed our stay in such a quaint and peaceful neighborhood. Morning coffee on the porch under the live oak canopy was special. Also, want to thank you for all the suggestions on where to go and what to do, they were spot on. Highly recommended the Tiny House.
Son of a gun, we had big fun. We will be back!
Leah & Buddy Dennis
Austin Tiny House
Had a great stay! The house was clean, well stocked with the essentials and very cute and cozy. Amy provided some great recommendations on restaurants and bars to visit prior to our visit. The house is located In a quiet tree lined neighborhood and is centrally located, a short drive to Congress Street and Downtown.
Thanks so much for the kind review, Janet. I'm sorry we didn't meet, but so glad you had a great time! Thanks for the cute note in my guest book. Please visit again any time!
The place was exactly as describe. It was very clean and the owner was extremely sweet.
The property was exactly what was displayed in the ad. The best part was how clean everything was. I felt the bathroom was very clean as well as the rest of the property. I would definitely rent this place again.
The perfect tiny house!
We needed a house for the 4 of us over the ACL weekend. The tiny house was perfect. The photos are exactly how the house looks. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.
Small but Mighty!
The tiny house accommodated our group of four people very well! There is a TV, fridge, sink, microwave, iron + board, bathroom supplies, etc.! Really all of the small things that are appreciated but you don't necessarily pack when traveling. We didn't use the bikes but that was a cool perk that encouraged me to book the property. Thank you, Amy!
Tiny House is a gem! My husband and I came into town for a long weekend and this was the perfect place to stay. Everything was clean and ready for our arrival. I love that it's so close to everything fun to do in Austin. There are bikes to ride too! We will be back for sure!
Than ks so much for staying, Debra. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves and the bikes! Please come back any time.
Welcome to Tiny House! Experience Austin like a native in historic Travis Heights, right in the heart of Austin! Tiny House is an easy walk to the best of South Congress (SoCo) and is close to Rainey Street, downtown and Eastside restaurants, bars and clubs with 2 bicycles provided to explore. Big Stacy Pool is a short walk away for those hot summer days, and the Boardwalk on Lady Bird Lake is close by, with easy access to the hike and bike trail.
Tiny House boasts lots of natural light, a private entrance in a separate building and use of the spacious backyard. Special Pricing for SXSW, ACL, and Grand Prix F1 with a three night minimum on these dates and four night minimum during SXSW Interactive/Film and Music.
- Living Space: queen sofa bed, office area, TV
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: full size refrigerator, microwave, gas range/oven, toaster oven, coffee maker & French press, cookware, silverware, dishes and basic spices
- Full bath with tub & tank-less water heater: towels, shampoo/conditioner, soap, hair dryer provided
- Loft bedroom with skylight: independent coil/memory foam pillow top queen bed, 100% cotton sheets, down alternative comforter & pillows, 2 nightstand/dressers with drawers
- Walk-in closet: lots of hangers, iron and ironing board, beach bag (towels, H2O bottles, soft cooler, blanket)
- 42" HDMI ready cable TV
- DVD Player and movies
- Board Games
- Free Wireless Internet
- Private, fenced backyard and fire bowl
- Prepare-your-own breakfast, coffee and tea provided
- Two bikes with locks and lights included
DINING AND ENTERTAINMENT:
- Walk to: The Whip-In (Indian food & bar with live music), Beverage World (liquor, beer and wine), Cash Corner (gas, groceries, beer and wine), Big Stacy Pool and Park, Curra's Grill (Mexican food)
- South Congress Street, SoCo, (.8 miles) is well-known for local Austin shopping and dining: Home Slice Pizza, Jo's (Coffee), Docs (outdoor patio food and drink), Uncommon Objects (antiques and curios), Parts & Labor (local artist creations), Guero's (Tex Mex), Wahoo’s Fish Taco’s, Amy's Ice Cream, Hotel San Jose Bar, Continental Club and Lounge, Farm to Market Grocery, Vespaio and Enoteca Ristorante, Perla's Seafood & Oyster Bar, South Congress Café, Allen's Boots, Lucky Robot Japanese Kitchen
- Downtown: South Congress Bridge (largest Mexican fruit bat colony), The Austin Convention Center, Ironworks BBQ, Sullivan's Steak House, Ginger Man (great beer selection!), Fado Irish Pub, La Condesa
- Rainey Street district (less than 2 miles away): Lustre Pearl, Clive Bar, Bar 96, G'raj Mahal Cafe (Indian Food), Icenhauer's, Bangers Sausage House & Beer Garden, 1/2 Step, the Blackheart Bar, Lucille's
- 6th Street District (only 2 miles away): The Alamo Ritz (movies and sing-a-longs), Easy Tiger (drafts, brats and games), The Jackalope (food and drinks), Casino el Camino (burgers and jukebox!), Beerland (music), Barbarella (dancing), Cheer Ups Charlie's (bar, DJ's and live music)
- The East Side bar and restaurant scene is 2.5 miles away and home to live music and outdoor venues: Yellow Jacket Social Club, Rio Rita, Liberty Bar/Eastside King Trailer, Qui (Paul Qui, winner of Top Chef Texas), White Horse, Violet Crowne, Shangri-La, Hotel Vegas, Gypsy Lounge, Buenos Aires Café, Weather Up, Eastside Showroom, The Volstead Lounge, "Juan in a Million" Mexican restaurant (featured on Man v. Food), Takoba, Longbranch Inn, Eastside Showroom, Justine's Brasserie (a real French Bistro open late!)
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Home of ACL, Botanical Gardens, Barton Springs, Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- The Circuit of the America's race track (Formula 1) is 12 miles east. There is a shuttle to F1 track that picks up at the Convention Center. Also home to the X-Games for the next 4 years!
- Big Stacy Neighborhood Park and Pool (spring fed, free & open year round - an easy walk)
- Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake to locals) Hike and Bike Trail and brand new Boardwalk is a short walk away!
- Zilker Park (less than 3 miles away): Barton Springs (spring fed pool, $3), Kayak, Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) and Canoe Rentals available
- 9 miles from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport: cab, Super Shuttle, Lyft or Uber, Car2Go, or Capital Metro Bus #100 to #7 to Travis Heights Blvd.
- Bus stop on Riverside/Travis Heights (½ mile): Capitol Metro Bus Line #20 and #7 go downtown
- Two bikes included with locks and lights
- Bicycle rentals available from Tsunami Cycles (1 mile) and Austin Bike Tours and Rentals deliver (reserve bikes in advance if you are traveling on a festival weekend).
- B Cycle
This property is registered with the City of Austin and includes 15% hotel tax.