SENSATIONAL VIEW IS OPEN!!! After losing the original cabin in the 2016 wildfire, we decided to build the best custom home we could on the best view lot in Gatlinburg. Be sure to look at our pictures and video, and scroll down to the stars for details about the home.
Current status: After opening August 8, 2018, 90% of our available nights in 2018 sold out and guests left 25 consecutive 5-star reviews across our listings. 2019 is about 25% booked as of January 7, with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years already booked. Summer dates and spring break dates will book soon. Our two busiest months for bookings are January and February.
Now that we've been open for a few months, no one can tell you about our home better than our guests can... here are about a dozen favorite quotes from our reviews.
- Stunning vacation home. Beautiful views. Just no words to explain the best place ever.
- The views from the decks and penthouse windows are better than anything you can see from the Space Needle or Sky Lift. We woke up in the clouds in the morning and had gorgeous sunset views in the evening.
- Your place was absolutely beautiful and the view was spectacular. Thanks for building such a wonderful place for all of your guests to stay.
- We have been to the NC/TN mountains every year since 2009 and this is the BEST stay we ever had! The view from the house is unforgettable!
- The penthouse is breathtaking. When we got upstairs we decided we might need to move in up there, owners and other guests won’t ever know we are here. Best review I can give is I am in love with this place.
- The simple but elegant, beautiful furnishings - most are hand made including beds. All just amazing. The unique lights all give it the atmosphere desired for being in most elegant chalet with most sensational view.
- The owners are wonderful, attentive caring people. They spent a lot of loving care in designing & furnishing this beautiful chalet, it is well thought out.
- This home was not only beautiful, it was homey and decorated in a style that hugged you the moment you arrived! We had plenty of space and loved the showers. One evening, we could not help but just stop and admire one of the most spectacular sunsets I have ever witnessed. They all were beautiful but this one was a very special one from the Mountain. You can feel the love and pride that has been taken in this home.
- Jay and Amy have outdone themselves with the attention to detail in this home. I absolutely love the farmhouse style.We had a spectacular time with our family. There were 12 of us and ample room for all. We were fortunate to meet the caretakers, James and Maria, who showed us around and drew our attention to all of the beautiful furniture handmade by James. If we do any vacationing in Gatlinburg, we won't even bother looking anywhere else.
- Truly a magnificent place to stay. Views that are second to none, with amenities that made us feel right at home (or shall I say, better than home!). The proximity to downtown as well as hiking makes this location perfect no matter what you are looking to do. With every bedroom having an attached bathroom, there is perfect privacy for traveling with a group. Host was always very responsive to any questions that we had. My family has been going to Gatlinburg for many years, and this is by far the nicest chalet that we have stayed in.
- The house is just beautiful. Fantastic breathtaking view. Awesome job on planning and design of your new home & ours for a few days.
- The view of Gatlinburg from the house is constantly changing. At times, we were in the middle of clouds, or watching the morning fog lifting, or seeing the lights of Gatlinburg come on throughout the evening. Very Peaceful. We hope to do a repeat of this vacation but only if we can stay here again!
- We've rented many many homes and this by far has been the nicest, it was very well laid out, super clean, so close to everything but yet you felt miles away... the owners spared no expense and it shows. Loved it.
ANNOUNCING EMBRACING VIEW!!! We purchased a second cabin in the Smokies in Aug 2017 because it has the best panoramic mountain views imaginable. Guests have already given it 50 consecutive 5-star reviews, making it #1 in its peer group of 51 homes on VRBO! Embracing View is the country counterpart to Sensational View. It is one of the rare places where you can see mountain sunrises and sunsets from opposite sides of the cabin. With beauty and blissful solitude, guests say they want to stay forever. Check it out here: https://www.vrbo.com/1145993
The NEW Sensational View is 3,061 square feet, five bedrooms, five bathrooms, and sleeps up to 23, with 19 guests in bedrooms and two sofa beds in the common areas.
The first floor and specifically bedroom two are designed to be very accessible. Many of our past guests have been interested in easy access for elderly family members (we have elderly family members too). This is important to us! Entering the cabin requires going up two steps. Then the whole first floor (inside and deck) is flat. Bedroom 2 has a shower with a bench and three grab rails, plus a shower head you can mount or hold in hand. There are also grab bars next to the toilet. (All toilets are chair height.)
The first floor has a great room including the kitchen, dining room, and family room. Our housekeepers crafted another beautiful 12 foot dining table just like we had in the last house. The whole room has views toward Gatlinburg and the mountains with a wall of windows. This room has a 70" TV with a soundbar.
All five bedrooms have attached bathrooms. The master suite on the first floor has a large bathroom with marble shower and separate tub. It has great views and direct access to the deck and hot tub. This bedroom has a 49" TV. (All 4 bedrooms on floors 1 and 2 have TVs ranging from 32" to 49" depending on room size.)
We bought a gorgeous Marquis Euphoria hot tub, which beats any hot tub we've ever seen at a rental. It is right outside the master bedroom.
The second floor has a large game room, designed as a balcony overlooking the great room and the view. It features a pool table, foosball table, cocktail arcade, poker table and 65" TV. Bedrooms 3 (four guests and big views) and 4 (seven guests) are on opposite sides of the game room. These bedrooms have shower/tub combos. A wraparound deck connects the bedrooms outside and offers not only amazing views of the city and mountains but also a neat perspective looking back into the house. (Thanks to our architect for convincing us this was a good idea. We were skeptical but the first time up there blew us away. it's awesome!)
Bedroom five is the penthouse - a bedroom/bathroom suite with a king bed and sleep sofa, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, and seating area perched high above everything. It has a wall of windows 16 ft wide for the best panoramic view of Gatlinburg and the Smokies anywhere. If there is a better suite in town, we would seriously like to see it! There is a 65" TV over the wet bar, but you may never notice it because of the view. :)
Here are the new sleeping arrangements:
Master Bedroom: King (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 2: Queen log bed (sleeps 2) - note that the shower has a bench, three grab bars, and a shower head that can be mounted or handheld; the chair height toilet has two grab bars
Great room: Queen sleep sofa (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3: Two queens (sleeps 4)
Bedroom 4: Full over full bunk and triple bunk (sleeps up to 7 or separate beds for up to 5)
Game room: Queen sleep sofa (sleeps 2)
Penthouse: King and queen sleep sofa (sleeps 4)