TO MAKE A RESERVATION Simply Click... "Book Now" !
INTO THE WOODS.
BEFORE BOOKING, PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION TERMS & CONDITIONS BELOW.
*MAX capacity of 6 people (including guests and visitors).
*You will be required to sign a short-term rental agreement and to provide ID prior to arrival.
Welcome to our Luxurious Tree House.
Experience being held up by the trunk and branches of a tree. Cross over an amazing floating bridge high above the Forest to a threshold of three (3) large Coulter Pines, supporting a Tree house. Go back in time and experience the world as a child does. Remember what it's like to live, even for a night, under the stars... INTO THE WOODS.
LUXURIOUS TREE-HOUSE is perched on the side of North Peak mountain's most beautiful location - Tucked among the trees overlooking Lake Cuyamaca with gorgeous panoramic views of Three (3) Mountain Peaks and National Forest. Cross over an amazing floating bridge high above Forest to a threshold of 3 large Coulter Pines... Supporting a Tree house.- NEW Hardwood floors, NEW Gourmet kitchen & bath + Central heat & A/C, Huge fireplace + home theater. Walk to Lake. INTO THE WOODS
* Discover your own PRIVATE FOREST OVERLOOK. Surrounding area old growth trees are up to 300 years old. Overlook thousands of acres of National Forest.
• Enjoy Panoramic views of Lake Cuyamaca, mountain peaks and the Forest.
• Submerse yourself in a private hot bubbling outdoor Caldera Spa.
• Feel the radiating warmth from this cabin's large 1927 wood burning fireplace.
* Guests will have a large bathroom, recently remodeled, including a luxurious glass-door shower, mosaic ceramic rock flooring, and dual-vanity under-mount sinks with granite counter tops. Linens and towels are provided, as well as convenient dispensers containing soap, shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner.
• Enjoy a new six (6') foot 4K ULTRA-HDTV Home Theater with 5.1 Dolby/DTS Surround Sound!
Prepare meals in a BRAND NEW GOURMET KITCHEN.
This professional chef's kitchen is fully equipped with all dishes and utensils needed to cook. NEW ALL STAINLESS STEEL appliances are provided INCLUDES: A professional 5-burner gas range, forced-air circulation CONVECTION oven, built-in high-end microwave, dishwasher, side by side refrigerator, Granite counter tops, deep double sink, smoothie/drink blender, coffee maker; and, of course, a bagel toaster.
• Savor the great outside aroma of cooking using our TWO (2) Outdoor gas BBQ's.
Discover our beautiful new Observatory. "Hidden Trail" leads to the NEW OBSERVATORY has Lake View with surrounding Giant Trees. This structure provides soft lighting for night time social and game activities; and is surrounded by majestic trees. A 2nd Gas BBQ is provided with our stone chair seating. Seating uses natural large Boulders. In day time experience the wide variety of wildlife; including tree squirrels jumping high-above from tree-top to tree-top, or wild turkeys foraging down below.
ENJOY THE FLOWERS! ... Every April/May our OBSERVATORY area is surrounded by hundreds of colorful multi-colored DAFFODILS!
• FOREST OUTLOOK:
Discover "Secret Forest paths" and private Forest Outlook Observation Platforms for both big & small kids to explore. Enjoy Panoramic Lake, towering Mountain Peaks, and night-time Star-gazing from our Top-of-the-World Forest Outlook.
Our small treehouse Cabin opens to the outdoors for views and direct exposure to the forest. This exposure to nature provides a wonderful inspirational relaxing effect. The Japanese call it 'Shinrin-Yoku' which translates to 'forest bathing'. The idea is simple: If a person visits a natural area and walks in a relaxed way, there are calming, rejuvenating and restorative benefits to be achieved. Studies have documented reduced stress, lower blood sugar, better concentration, diminished pain, and improved immunity...
Taking in the forest atmosphere has become a cornerstone of preventive health care and healing in Japanese medicine. Researchers have established a robust body of scientific literature on the health benefits of spending time under the canopy of a living forest. Many trees give off organic compounds that support “NK” (natural killer) cells that are part of our immune system's way of fighting cancer.
JOHN MUIR wrote:
“Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home... Wilderness is a necessity.”
DETAILED PROPERTY FEATURES:
1. FORCED AIR HEATING and AIR CONDITIONING. Push of a button to set the perfect temperature.
2. NEW OUTDOOR SPA. Submerse yourself in our new hot bubbling 6-person Spa; relax, let any problems simply melt away.
3. PRIVATE HOME THEATER. Experience movies & sporting events like never before with our new SIX (6) FOOT 4K HDTV home theater. Has the same resolution as a movie theater and four (4) times the resolution of a high-definition television (HDTV). Enjoy new custom Leather Cinema Recliners plus an amazing Dolby/DTS 5.1 Surround Sound system.
4. HDTV SATELLITE TELEVISION:
Includes new Dish Hopper DVR (Digital Video Recorder) to record your favorite shows & Sporting Events while you are out exploring and hiking!
5. HIGH SPEED SATELLITE WIFI INTERNET is included.
6. COTTAGE SLEEPING ACCOMMODATIONS. Guests will find all new sleeping accommodations:
a. New Queen size bed in bedroom with MEMORY FOAM mattress (sleeps 1 or 2)
b. New Queen size convertible Sofa/bed in Living room with 4.5" MEMORY FOAM mattress (sleeps 1 or 2).
c. Two new (2) Roll-away twin size beds (31”x75”) located in Home Theater (Sleeps 2).
d. Automatic inflatable Twin size Aero bed is stored under bed in master bedroom (Sleeps 1).
e. Sheets, blankets and pillows are provided.
7. Cabin has one LARGE BATHROOM.
Bathroom includes a separate private water-closet with sliding pocket door (see photo). It is completely remodeled, including a luxurious shower, mosaic ceramic rock flooring, plus His and Hers under-mount sinks with granite counter tops. Towels are provided.
8. OUR CABIN IS COZY. It is ideal for 2 to 4 persons. However, if you don't mind tight quarters and your group consists of "close" family and friends we provide accommodations and beds for up to six (6) people.
9. ACCESS TO COTTAGE:
THIS CABIN NOT RECOMMENDED FOR HANDICAPPED or mobility impaired persons...
a. Our cabin is located on North Peak mountain in the Cuyamaca Lake Resort area. Getting to our cabin requires a two (2) minute walk from parking area to this Cottage.
b. There is a beautiful meandering staircase from parking area up to cabin. We recommend this retreat for guests who can walk 90 stair-steps to arrive at the front door of Cabin (see photos). You may also walk the "Hidden trail" as an alternative pathway up to the Cottage.
c. Cottage is approximately 42 feet elevation above parking area.
d. All walkways have handrails for those in need.
Parking area is limited to a MAXIMUM OF TWO (2) CARS. NO PARKING ON NEARBY STREET.
11. LAUNDRY ROOM:
There is a laundry room that provides storage and New full size Front load Samsung Washer and Dryer.
Our guest travelers may choose Blu-Ray/DVD Movies (no additional charge). Movies will be given to guest on day of check-in.
13. FOREST OUTLOOK. (New!). Provides high elevation views of Cuyamaca Lake, North Peak, Middle Peak, Cuyamaca Peak & Stonewall Peak. To get to our private Forest Outlook, follow trail-head beginning near our Caldera Spa. Trail ends at the Forest Outlook. It is farther up the mountain on our property. Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views plus you can also see our cottage down below.
14. OBSERVATORY AREA. Explore the heavens at night. We provide a TELESCOPE... Because our cottage is at an elevation above the San Diego marine layer, the result is an amazing level of darkness for INTO THE WOODS. On a clear night view the Milky Ways with it's thousands and thousands of stars and planets.
15. SECRET FOREST PATHS. There are "secret paths" on property for both big and small kids to explore.
16. HIDDEN TRAIL. Is another alternative pathway from parking area. Instead of walking up the meandering steps you can choose to walk this beautiful forest trail. It starts at the parking area and leads up to the Cottage.
INTO THE WOODS... Experience crisp mountain air and being surrounded by a forest environment that is teaming with wildlife. If you're into wildlife watching and/or photography, this is a great place for both! Enjoy the natural beauty, privacy, abundant hiking and biking trails. Winery’s are nearby. Gentle snowfall in winter months. Brilliant fall colors, cool spring temperatures, summer warmth, and cold mountain spring water! Only a 13 minute drive to the town of Julian. Close to everything in southern California. Crisp, clear night skies display millions of stars and shooting stars, a family get-away that's great for kids; or a quiet, secluded romantic honeymoon hide-away... INTO THE WOODS.
Rates are based on two (2) guests; Add $12 PER PERSON per night exceeding 2
* Per person charge includes normal extra cleaning costs. Prior to your arrival, we provide LINEN SERVICE. It is determined by the number of registered Guests in your party. Your registered guests determine correct number of beds to be made-up with linens, sheets blankets and pillows. Additional towels are also provided based on the number of registered Guests in your party.
a. NO SMOKING or PETS allowed in the house or anywhere on property.
b. NO OPEN FLAME candles allowed in house or anywhere in the property.
c. You must be at least 25 years of age in order to make a reservation. Otherwise, please contact