Hurricane Florence has caused some problems on the island. Currently the steps to the beach are gone, It may be a while before TV and internet are available. Please call if you would like to stay at the house before repairs are complete.
Unwind and leave the world behind as you step into Carpe Diem. Relax in the ambiance of a true Carolina beach cottage with wood walls, charming beach-themed furnishings and expansive ocean views. The beds in your spacious bedrooms will be made, and bathrooms will have towels. Step out on the deck on the way to the ocean, passing the full hot/cold enclosed outdoor shower with dry changing area, and the large outdoor fish cleaning station. The gate at the top of the stairs keeps your furry family members enclosed in the deck area. Conveniently situated in Surf City, south of the bridge, Carpe Diem allows easy access to fun and shopping, both on and off the island.
Family and friends will lounge comfortably on the spacious deck furniture overlooking the surf. Enjoy meals prepared in the modern, open plan kitchen which is fully equipped with everything needed to create beach side feasts. Grill your catch of the day downstairs or put a cake in the oven for your oceanfront celebration, while you watch the dolphins play in the surf!
In the evening as light fades through the great room skylights, gather to play your favorite movies, TV or music in the surround sound equipment. Little ones can enjoy their own DVD entertainment, relaxing in their rooms. High speed Internet keeps everyone in touch with the folks back home. Access the hall closet for a variety of “fun and games”. Work on jigsaw puzzles, or take a trip through Candy Land, Park Place or Board Walk. If the little ones get too ‘board’ with the games, head downstairs to start your own Foosball, or Ping Pong tournament! The future young NBA stars can practice their moves with the Pop-A-Shot! Browse the downstairs closet of beach toys. Build the sandcastle of your dreams. Boogie board or try your luck with horseshoes or cornhole games on the beach. Whatever you imagine for your beach side vacation, Carpe Diem will help you make it come true.
With most living areas on one level stair climbing is reduced. The main level is a split plan with four bedrooms ( 2 king beds, 1 queen, and a pair of twins), two baths, the center of the house is a great room. Seating for eating includes a kitchen island with 3 bar stools, a 8 place dining table and a 4 place game table in the family room. We regularly host dinners with friends and neighbors. Feeding large groups is easy at Carpe Diem. Send your Barbecue heroes to the large gas grill to do some of the cooking in the patio at the front of the house.
The lower level will be happily taken over by the younger generation. There you will find two bedrooms, one with 3 twin beds and one with a queen size bed and a twin bed, as well as a full bath. The bedrooms open onto the garage which is converted into the fully equipped game room. In the game room you’ll find ping pong, foosball, pop-a-shot, a large TV, loud stereo, card table, mini fridge, built in counter and stools, game closet with beach toys, balls, bingo, etc. Please note that the lower level is connected to the main level only by the outside steps on the front entry to the house. Use the intercom on the cordless phone to call them for dinner. Maybe the kids will invite you down to challenge you to a game.
Smaller group? We can offer a $200 per week discount for groups of 8 or less. The 2 bedrooms and bath on the lower level will be closed giving you 4 bedrooms and 2 baths on the main level. You will still have access to the game room on the lower level.
* Bed sizes: King, King, Queen, 2 Singles, Queen and 1 Single, 3 Singles.
* On 2 levels with exterior stairs only - no interior stairs between levels.
* Most living areas on 1 level.
* Central heat & air, ceiling fans, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
* 7 cable (digital service with HD programming and movie channels) flat panel TVs; home theater sound system, Blu-Ray player, 2 DVD players.
* Wired/wireless high speed internet access
* Oceanfront open deck with built-in seating, safety gate, lounge chairs, and other furniture.
* Fish cleaning sink located conveniently on beach access walkway.
* Garage provides ping pong table, foosball table for your enjoyment as well as storage space for your beach items. This area has A/C.
* Enclosed outside shower with hot water.
* Grilling allowed. Gas grill (gas provided).
* No smoking allowed in house.
* Up to 2 dogs allowed - $150/week plus tax pet rent per dog.
* Partial weeks not allowed.
* Storage room and workshop off garage not available.
Please feel free to call the owners if you have any questions. 910 541 4212