We rent year round. Accepting reservations for Fall and Winter 2018! Two night minimum please. Flexible on check-in and check-out times in off season. Calendar always up to date.
Less than 5 minute WALK to the beach and just 10-15 minute WALK to all the shops and restaurants that historic downtown Lewes has to offer!
Ebb & Flow Beach House is a 4 bedroom, 3 full bath multi-family retreat with an airy, relaxed, open-space floor plan built to give our guests a laid back beach experience. It is tastefully and playfully decorated with quality furniture, stocked with everything you need, and professionally cleaned and maintained every week. The entire home was freshly painted and renovated in 2016 with all new appliances, bedding, and high quality decorations throughout. You will feel relaxed just walking in the door.
Lewes is a recognized as one of a "Dozen Distinct Destinations" by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. It was also recently described as "the next Nantucket" by the News Journal.
Ebb & Flow is ideal for 2 (or maybe 3) families to share a beach vacation just steps from the water and from everything Lewes has to offer. We like to relax with friends on the deck as coastal breezes gently blow through, have a beach bonfire with the kids, and go for morning kayak in the bay. Our two active young kids love Lewes Bay beach.
KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM
- Stainless steel appliances - all new in 2016
- Five burner stove with convection oven
- Full size refrigerator
- Full size dishwasher
- Coffee maker and grinder
- Fully stocked with plates, glassware, bakeware, serving pieces for 12 people
- Large dining room table extendable to seat 12
FOUR BEDROOMS AND THREE FULL BATHROOMS
- Ebb & Flow best sleeps 6 adults and 6 kids
- Master Bedroom Suite (1st Floor): King size bed, full bath (shower only), full size dresser, and closet
- Queen Bedroom (1st Floor): Queen size bed, dresser, and closet
- King Bedroom (2nd Floor): King size bed, dresser, daybed, desk, and closet
- "The Bunk Room" (2nd Floor): Bunk beds for six, large dresser, closet, kids toys, and 37 inch TV with three comfy bean bag chairs
- Full size closets in each room
- Wrap around couch
- 40" flat screen TV
- Cable with DVD player and DVR with DVD collection
ENCLOSED FRONT SUN ROOM
- Separate sitting area
- Table that sits 8 adults
- Private outdoor shower
- Five burner gas grill - new in 2017
- Beach chairs, beach umbrellas, and beach toys
- Two person kayak on the beach for renters
- Beach cart
- Stand Up Paddleboard
- Books on every floor for kids and adults
- Basics that you need to get your stay off to the right start (i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, dish towels, dishwasher detergent, hand soap etc.)
- Sheets and towels are not included. Please rent or bring your own. We recommend Sheets at the Beach for renting. They drop off and pickup.
- Off-street parking for 3 cars
The feel and history of Lewes is unique on the Delaware coast. With a timeline that goes back to its founding in 1631 as a Dutch whaling outpost, Lewes retains the look and feel of a small historic town. The Lewes of today provides a wonderful beach experience with superb contemporary restaurants and just enough ice cream parlors, shopping, and attractions to fill your days. However, those essentials blend easily with Lewes's strong sense of history, nature, and authenticity. These traits give Lewes a different feel than its more commercialized peers further south along the Delaware beaches. Lewes has been profiled by the National Trust for Historic Preservation as a "Distinctive Destination"
On Lewes Bay Beach, owners leave their kayaks, paddle boards, and boats unattended. The beach is safe, clean, quiet, and well maintained but still natural enough that you can find hemit crabs in the tidal pools. You can have a bonfire on the beach at night. There is no boardwalk, no arcades, no t-shirt shops, and no high rise hotels. There is a calm sense of a beach community with strong roots in the natural ebb and flow of the Delaware Bay. Visitors come to Lewes year round and never lack for anything they need to kick back, make memories, reflect, and recharge.
You can walk into downtown Lewes easily and safely from Ebb & Flow, or bike into Cape Henlopen State Park in just a few minutes to see the historic Fort Miles and learn about the natural state of the Mid-Atlantic Coast. If you seek the bigger waves of Rehoboth, Dewey Beach, or Ocean City, those experiences are just a short drive down the Coastal Highway.
THINGS TO DO
Our family has been coming to Lewes for 15 years. We are never bored and always discovering new experiences. There are great things to do, places to eat, and things to enjoy in all weather. Plus, the other Delaware Beach communities are just down the road. Here are some of our favorite things to do and experience in Lewes:
- HISTORIC LEWES FARMER'S MARKET: Start your week off with some fresh produce and baked goods at the Historic Lewes Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings.
- ICE CREAM JUST STEPS FROM EBB & FLOW: 2 Dips is the best ice cream destination in Lewes. It is just steps from Ebb & Flow. They have 80+ flavors of Hershey’s Ice Cream, plus Italian Ice and munchies.
- HISTORIC FORT MILES AND CAPE HENLOPEN NATURE CENTER: This is a 10 minute drive or bike ride from Ebb & Flow. Our kids love "the Army towers" at Historic Fort Miles, a WWII era Army base built to protect the Delaware Bay.
- GET DINNER AT STRIPER BITES IN DOWNTOWN LEWES: Striper Bites in the perfect beach restaurant for either a laid back date night or a fun family outing. With a tasteful nautical theme, outside seating, comfy booths, a fantastic local menu, and a great bar, you can't go wrong.
- RAINY DAY MOVIE AT MIDWAY: We hope the weather is perfect during your stay, but sometimes it does rain. Movies and Midway is a a laid back movie theater on the Route 1 Coastal Highway right outside Lewes.
- SEE THE LIGHTSHIP OVERFALLS IN LEWES: The Lightship OVERFALLS (LV118) is one of only 17 remaining lightships out of a total of 179 built from 1820 to 1952. A national historic landmark since 2011, Overfalls is one of seven lightships still open to the public. There is a great 30-45 minute guided tour for kids and adults, and there is a wonderful playground right next to it.
- HAVE A TWILIGHT BONFIRE ON LEWES BEACH: Make some drinks, pack the s’mores kit, and bring the fire pit down to the beach. There is nothing better than taking in the sunset and making a family bonfire on a cool, breezy summer evening.
- TAKE A DAY TRIP TO REHOBOTH: One of the things we love about Lewes is the totally uncrowded beach, the natural beach and dunes, and the slow Nantucket like feel. But sometimes you want a little change of pace. Rehoboth is just a 20 minute drive and offers a perfect day with the strong Atlantic waves, boardwalk fries, salt water taffy, and arcades.
- BUY A KITE AT KID'S KETCH: This is the best toy store on the Delaware beaches. Right in downtown Lewes, you can choose from a fantastic selection of toys, books, kids beach wear, and beach essentials.
- GO FISHING: There are a number of great ways to experience some fishing. You can surf fish at Cape Henlopen or right on Lewes Bay Beach (before 10am or after 5pm during the summer).