PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A RESERVATION REQUEST!
INSTEAD, SUBMIT AN INQUIRY to us via VRBO by clicking on "Ask Owner a Question" -- it's on the right-hand side right below "Request to Book". DO NOT CLICK on "Request to Book."
BEFORE we can accept a reservation we require information about your group to help ensure that our property will be a good fit with your needs. Thank you for your understanding.
Welcome to our 4,100 sq ft Cedar Lodge on Stone Lake !
Acquired in April 2016, the Cedar Lodge underwent an extreme makeover that doubled its size and resulted in a very spacious, accessible, wheelchair-friendly retreat that is nestled among mature landscaping in a quiet, serene setting just 35 feet from its sandy, gentle-slope beach on Stone Lake. Situated just two houses from the end of a quiet dead-end lane with only 18 homes, it's part of our private 47-acre heavily wooded nature preserve with trails great for exploring wildlife.
The entire exterior is finished in cedar shakes and cedar planking - hence its “Cedar Lodge” name. The Cedar Lodge has sleeping capacity for 26 in beds, 30+ using sofas / inflatable mattresses such as an Aerobed.
Need more sleeping capacity? Add one of our other nearby single family vacation lodges on Stone Lake - "The Lodges at Stone Lake" are all wheelchair-friendly:
1) Woodlands Lodge: 7-BR / 6-BA / 450 sq ft Gathering-Game Room / 350 sq ft Covered Deck / Lakeside Log Cabin - VRBO #262334.
The Woodlands Lodge is about 900 feet from the Cedar Lodge.
2) Knotty Pine Lodge: 7-BR / 7.5-BA / 550 sq ft Gathering-Game Room / 430 sq ft Covered Deck - VRBO #325883.
The Knotty Pine Lodge is 100 feet from the Cedar Lodge.
1) Blue Spruce Lodge: 11-BR / 12-BA / 885 sq ft Gathering-Game Room / Kid's Play Loft / 1,000+ sq ft Covered Deck - VRBO #1317280.
The Blue Spruce Lodge is about 900 feet from the Woodlands Lodge.
A note about rates:
It is not practical for us to list every rate category within VRBO's Rates template - please know that the auto-response rate quotes from VRBO are usually not accurate. We provide exact price quotes when responding to inquiries.
FEATURES OF THE CEDAR LODGE:
* 4,100 sq ft of finished living space with over 3,000 sq ft of knotty pine tongue and groove planking on the walls and ceilings - giving the house a very warm and inviting "lodge" feeling.
* The property is equipped with Comcast Xfinity's fastest available "Extreme" cable Internet service combined with a custom Wifi Mesh network with multiple Access Points that results in strong Wifi signals throughout the house, deck, BBQ grill area and even the firepit.
* 9 BRs and 8 Full BAs - with 6 of the BR-BA suites on the ground floor including 4 which are wheelchair friendly -- with sufficient maneuvering room to use a Hoyer Lift in these 4 accessible BAs/ BR suites (we tested one).
*All 9 BRs have Queen beds, with 4 BRs also having Twin Bunkbeds.
* The BAs in the four wheelchair friendly ground floor BR-BA suites each have 3x5 roll-in showers, drop down robust grab bars on both sides of the commode, knee room 36" counter/sink, and generous floor space for expanded maneuvering room. Bonus for parents of toddlers: These large 3x5 roll-in showers make a great spot for Pack-N-Plays at night!
* All 9 Queen beds have high quality mattresses and super comfy memory foam / gel combination 3-inch thick mattress toppers.
* The Kitchen has 2 full size fridges - both have ice-makers - and 2 electric stoves to better accommodate large gatherings (there is a 3rd full size fridge in the Gathering-Game Room to keep beverages cold and conveniently nearby - it also has an ice maker).
* The open concept Kitchen-Dining space features a huge custom dining table (may be separated into two tables) with seating for 20. With barstools at the Bar-Buffet Counter and add'l seating in this space, 30 people may be seated at one time for meals.
*An intimate Conversation Nook with comfy seating is adjacent to the open dining & kitchen area.
* At 845 sq ft the 36' x 24' ground floor Gathering-Game Room is generously proportioned and features a 13-foot vaulted ceiling, new slate top pool table, new ping pong table, new foosball table, new 12-foot HD projection TV w/ Definitive Technologies 6-speaker home theatre system with a Yamaha head unit (fills the entire space with distortion-free sound -- even at high volume) , full-size fridge with ice-maker, 7 sofas each over 7-feet long, plus 4 Bistro tables with bar stools.
* The Gathering-Game Room has a custom sound deadening wall to acoustically separate it from the rest of the house. This 9.5-inch thick wall utilizes double layers of 5/8-inch drywall glued together with special sound absorbing adhesive between the layers of drywall, mounted on alternating 2x4 studs using 2x6 sill plates, with the wall cavity stuffed with 6 inches of R-19 fiberglass insulation, with both sides of the wall then topped with 3/4 inch solid pine planking.
* The 4 new accessible BR-BA suites also feature sound-deadening walls with extra thick 5/8-inch drywall, sound absorbing adhesive, and insulation in the wall cavities -- all under a layer of 3/4-inch knotty pine planking.
* The TV Room on the Walk-Out Level facing Stone Lake measures 12' x 19' with comfy sofa, loveseats and a 50" 4K Smart TV.
* The main level Covered Deck measures 670 sq ft and has outstanding views of Stone Lake - just 35 feet away - and features 4 dining tables with 25 comfortable "springy" padded deck chairs, bar stools, side tables. The 42-foot long deck has privacy walls at each end with "see-thru" stainless steel cable deck railing facing the lake. The unique deck roof is made of clear GE Lexan material which makes the deck nice and bright - but with all of the surrounding trees has very little direct sunlight so it's not hot in the summer.
* A large playscape for the little ones is set among the shade trees at the west side of the house and features an adjacent private patio with seating so adults may comfortably keep an eye on things.
* A basketball hoop - easily adjustable from 10' down to 7' without tools so also great for the little ones - is right at the driveway.
* 15 bikes - a mix of adult and kid's sizes - for Guests to enjoy on the trails in our private 47 acres of woods and along the quiet streets of the Village of Cassopolis.
* Its own 24-foot Pontoon Boating Pkg (optional), which includes 7 sit-on-top kayaks (5 adult, 2 child) and a row boat.
* New boat dock at the beach - with a boardwalk featuring comfortable seating right at the water's edge.
* Concrete driveway parking for 4-6 cars right at the house with an additional gravel parking area across the quiet street for 7-9 more vehicles
* A new in 2016 Geo-Thermal HVAC system (2 units actually) provides heat and central AC to all 4,100 sq ft of living space. Two high-capacity hot water heaters (assisted by the geothermal units) provide a never-ending supply of hot water.
* A Firepit overlooks Stone Lake and has ample seating.
* A sloped hard-surface path from side deck to back yard facing the lake with the firepit...with assistance a wheelchair user may traverse this path.
* 47 Acres of private woods with trails for exploring just across the street (shared with our other 3 vacation lodges.
Many guests enjoy reserving the optional Pontoon Boating Pkg -- it really opens up a whole new world to be able to get out on the lake – and the little ones just love playing 'captain' steering the boat. The 24-foot Pontoon Boat also makes for a great mobile swimming platform, and sunsets are glorious as it's so peaceful to be out in the middle of Stone Lake and just slowly drift and watch the waterfowl, birds, etc. And if anyone likes to fish - that's what Stone Lake is famous for! We include in the rental of the Pontoon Boat a personal orientation session so that the Pontoon can be operated safely and with confidence. Also included is 10 gallons of fuel -- usually enough for a week.
Included with a Pontoon Boating Pkg are five 7 sit-on-top Kayaks (5 adults, 2 child). Also a row boat - all perfect for exploring the quiet undeveloped shoreline of Stone Lake to experience aquatic life up close.
For large gatherings that may include Guests with mobility challenges, the size of the Cedar Lodge with its unique features and numerous amenities will make memories to last a lifetime.
Ted & Brenda Gogol
The Cedar Lodge has a 51-step staircase with 3 landings (one with a bench) to reach the boat dock and the beach - the lakefront yard is about 25 feet above the dock. For Guests for whom this is a challenge or simply not doable, an easy solution is to drive over to the public boat launch, park, and board the Pontoon Boat right there - zero steps to the boat dock at the public launch. The Stone Lake public boat launch is 2 minutes from the Cedar Lodge.