Maccas is a four bedroom farmhouse with a flat fenced ‘house paddock” great for children and dogs.
You have the 50 acres to yourself and it is close to some local attractions. The farm has a friendly horse called Fred, goats and small Irish Dexter cattle. The terrain is mostly flat country and a creek flows along one boundary. Take nature walks and see the wildlife - especially birds, wallabies, & goannas.
The cosy house has four bedrooms with a front and large covered back verandah with BBQ. It has a bath/shower and second toilet. There is an open plan kitchen- with electric cooktop, oven and microwave,and a coffee pod machine. The main lounge room has a comfy leather lounge with a combustion fire for winter and an air conditioner in the larger living room. One bedroom has a Queen size bed, second has a double, third has a tri-bunk (double base and single above) and fourth bedroom has a single and king single bed.
The house is surrounded by an acre lawn area and is ideal for children and dogs.
The house has free internet available . Data is limited so only for emails and browsing, no downloads of movies please unless arranged. You will find books & magazines to read, two TVs, Wii
Pets are very welcome and must stay out of the house or the bond may be forfeited to cover additional cleaning costs. They can stay in the laundry or rumpus with their own bedding.The "house paddock" is well fenced to keep most dogs in and the undercover veranda will protect them in bad weather.
It is located about 2.5 hours drive north of northern Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. From Sydney follow the F3 freeway north to Bulahdelah. The farm is 10 mins drive from the town of Bulahdelah and only 5 mins from the Pacific Highway.
If you have a large group and would like to rent the two houses, max 16 people, then please let us know and we can provide dates for both properties.
Things to do in the area:
*25 mins drive to beautiful surf beaches- Seal Rocks, Pacific Palms. Another 20 mins to Foster and Taree;
*10 mins drive to Bulahdelah shops (bakery, cafes, garages, churches, supermarket, Chemist, Post Office, hotel, hospital);
* Visit the tallest tree in NSW- about 15 mins from the farm;
* Fishing, exploring and boating at Myall Lakes, 15mins drive;
* Kayak on the local lakes and rivers;
* Bush walk, maybe climb Alum Mountain that overlooks Bulahdelah and the surrounding district;
* Mountain bike or trail bike in the State forest (BYO bikes);
* After your activities, buy some of the famous pork sausages from the Bulahdelah butcher- he wins prizes!;
*Take the car ferry & visit Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens; and
* Explore sand dunes, look for koalas, dolphins and whales.
The climate is generally very comfortable, year round:
* Min daily temperature range 6C-17C (July), a few frosts
* Max daily temperature range 18C-27C (Jan), some very hot days
* Beach water temp: 17C (Jul, Aug, Sep), 24C(Mar, Apr May)
* Rainfall: About the same as Sydney. 1200mm-1400mm