The Lone Star Cabin is located just 5 ½ miles east of downtown Fredericksburg on US Hwy 290 right in the middle of a number of special destination points. The Cabin is approximately 900 square feet in size, with one master bedroom (King Size Bed), bath and walk-in closet. The floor plan includes a living room, dining area and full kitchen (open concept). There are TV’s in the living room and master bedroom. There is another full bathroom off from the living room with shower. The Cabin has a front and back covered porch areas for some fresh air and relaxation. Here are only some of the interesting destination points surrounding the Cabin –
1. Soon you will know why Fredericksburg is one of the most popular getaways in Texas.
There is so much to do and see in our historic town! Fredericksburg is nestled in the beautiful Hill country of Texas; right in the heart of the Wine Country, with a vibrant art and live music scene that will dazzle and inspire! The Chamber of Commerce takes great pride in providing visitors with the travel information necessary to plan a rich and exciting holiday vacation or weekend getaway. Visit to get all the details of your visit to Fredericksburg.
2. Six wineries within 1,000 feet of the Lone Star Cabin and too many more to count and visit just a few more miles going east on US Hwy 290 toward Stonewall and the surrounding area.
3. The famous Wild Seed Farm is just 2 miles east of the Cabin on US Hwy 290. The farm features beautiful gardens and fields of wildflowers. There is also a gift shop and patio. You can enjoy a glass of wine or a beer as well as indulge in homemade ice cream or other snacks.
4. Luckenbach, Texas is just 5 miles from the Cabin on RR 1376 which features their historic Post Office, General Store, band stand and dance hall. Music is such a huge part of the Hill Country culture that one whole town is dedicated to it—Luckenbach. Take a spin in its dance hall under rafters draped in white lights. If you want a more low-key, under-the-radar setting, head over to Alamo Springs Café, which is—as the owners say—"inconveniently located in the middle of nowhere." Dig into hand-battered onion rings and juicy, fat burgers that are beer-bottle tall with such toppings as jalapeño chilies and grilled onions. On weekends, local bands play on the outdoor stage. Enjoy country western music each weekend. The historic town of Sisterdale is just another 15 miles down the road with a great winery, dance hall and bar. Just the drive to Sisterdale is breathtaking.
5. Fredericksburg Trade Days in located 3 miles east of the Cottage on US Hwy 290. They are open on the third weekend of each month and features vendors and Texas crafts of all types and fashions. Country music plays each day in their famous Beer Barn.
6. Wall Mart is located just 3 miles west of the Cabin on US Hwy 290 back towards downtown where you can replenish you supplies or pick up some last minute shopping items for your trip.