About the property
- House1100 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Newly renovated historic Craftsman cottage in prime Uptown location
Newly renovated historic Craftsman cottage. Stainless steel appliances, marble countertops, marble bathrooms, fireplace. 3 blocks to St. Charles Avenue streetcar, 4 blocks to Magazine Street (Whole Foods, shops, restaurants). Walk to Mardi Gras parades on Magazine Street or Napoleon Avenue. Beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean.
Adorable Craftsman cottage fully renovated in 2016 including a new kitchen and new bathrooms. 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. No sofa beds. 2 queen beds and one queen air mattress. Additional baby travel bed available.
- There is a fenced bricked front garden and back patio, landscaped with camellias, roses, ornamental pear trees and lantanas.
- Enter through the white picket fence and walk up the path to the front porch, where there are several rocking chairs to while away the hours, enjoying your morning coffee or evening cocktail.
- The backyard is a completely fenced and private patio with 2 chairs and a table, an herb garden, tomato plants (feel free to enjoy the fresh tomatoes through the mild New Orleans winter), and a satsuma tree.
- Street parking available directly in front of the house.
- The home is over 80 years old and was fully renovated from top to bottom in 2016. High ceilings, hardwood floors, decorated with a mix of modern furniture and antiques.
- The living room features an electric fireplace, a brand new smart TV (login to your own Netflix or Amazon accounts), and 2 big bookcases full of books to enjoy during your stay.
- The brand new kitchen has marble countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a large island with bar stools for easy dining.
- There is a laundry room with top of the line LG washer and dryer.
- Bedroom 1 - Master bedroom - Queen-sized iron bed custom made by ironworks artist. High quality eco-friendly Keetsa pillow plus mattress (brand new in June 2017). Antique dresser. 2 closets. Brand new bathroom with bathtub/shower.
- Bedroom 2 - Queen size bed with high quality eco-friendly Keetsa mattress.
- Bathroom 2 - Accessed from the hallway, brand new bathroom with bathtub/shower.
- There is also a queen sized air mattress that will sleep 2 adults (additional charge applies). This means the house sleeps a maximum of 6 adults including the air mattress.
- This property is appropriate for well-behaved children (and adults).
- No smoking.
- No pets.
- No parties or events.
- Quiet hours of 10pm to 8am. Please be respectful of the neighbors.
- No additional guests beyond 6 adults. Confirmed guests only - homeowner/property manager must be notified of any additional guests. Security cameras are on the property and we monitor guest numbers. Unconfirmed guests will result in an additional charge and may result in the cancellation of your reservation.
- Guests will be required to pay for additional cleaning if furniture, walls, curtains etc are soiled or damaged. Evidence of pets or smoking indoors will result in forfeiture of the entire security deposit to cover cleaning.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 17, 2018
New Orleans local - I love my home and my city and love to share both with my guests
Heather purchased this House in 2016
Why Heather chose Uptown
I chose this property because of the location and the character. The fantastic Uptown location - walking distance to so many great restaurants and parks and just a streetcar ride away from the historic French Quarter. Often I don't use my car for a week at a time! And the character - it is a Craftsman Cottage that I renovated from top to bottom in 2016, retaining as many historic features as possible.
What makes this House unique
- Walking distance to so much! - Sweet picket fence and quaint bricked front garden - Back patio with herb garden - Healthy & green home - all natural and non-toxic cleaning supplies, and shoe-free home - Top to bottom renovation in 2016 - Brand new bathrooms - Brand new kitchen with marble counters and high quality stainless steel appliances and pots/pans and kitchen essentials - not a dumping ground for second-hand items like so many rentals!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Everything about this “Cottage” (I would label it much more) was perfection.
Tastefully done, excellent location; Heather and Mary attentive.
I did not want to leave; already recommended to 3 friends.
Ed - thanks so much for choosing my property for your visit to New Orleans. I am so happy to hear you were pleased with the house and enjoyed your stay. Thank you for recommending it to your friends - what a compliment! I hope you had a safe trip home and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
A beautifiul cottage and great location!
Our recent stay was fantastic. The property exceeded our wildest expectations. The location was perfect - walking distance to a great neighborhood market, a bakery,an ice cream shop and the streetcar. Also a short drive to great restaurants on Magazine Street and beautiful homes in Garden District!!!
Honored to have you come back for a repeat visit! So pleased that you had a wonderful trip to New Orleans and that you enjoyed the cottage! You and your family are welcome back anytime. I hope you had a safe trip home.
Great location and beautiful house.
The owner truly thought of every detail in making her home a great stay for visitors. Easy walk to St Charles and Magazine St. Great trip! Will absolutely stay here again.
I’m so glad that you had a great stay in New Orleans. Thanks for choosing my house - I would be glad to welcome you back anytime!
The house is fabulous and the location is excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Heather is wonderful to work with and super responsi. We will be back!
Thank you! So glad to have you back for a repeat visit! You're welcome again anytime.
Comfortable 2 bedroom house in Uptown
We rented this house for Mardi Gras, and it was great. The host was welcoming and the location was very convenient. We walked or took the street car for everything we wanted to do. There were several restaurants within a block and an excellent ice cream parlor. The house itself was very clean, which was a huge comfort, and it functioned well overall. The appliances were high end, the mattress was excellent, and there was a great selection of kid's books.
On parade nights there was quite a bit of noise on the street and also noise coming from a nearby bar, but that was to be expected during Mardi Gras. We felt tucked away in this home and comfortable.
Thanks for your feedback! So glad that you and your family enjoyed the house and had a great Mardi Gras. Hope to welcome you back another time!
Charming, convenient, lovely home
Perfect location ! Easy walking distance to many of the places we wanted to spend time. Beautiful, well appointed home. Parking our car not a problem. Owner and manager are a pleasure to work with.
Thank you Vicky! So glad you enjoyed your stay. You and your family are welcome back anytime. Hope you had a safe trip home!
Wonderful location within walking distance to so much! You don't necessarily need a car if you're staying in this neighborhood - you can walk or take the streetcar most places Uptown, Garden District, Downtown or French Quarter. Around the corner: local grocery store, coffee shop, local cafe, ice cream parlor, Chase bank, Aveda hair salon, CVS, historic Prytania Theatre (cinema), Upperline Restaurant, La Thai restaurant, St James Cheese Company, wine shop, and more. Walking distance (10-15 mins) - Magazine Street with more restaurants, Whole Foods, antique shops, home decor and clothing shops. Streetcar is three blocks away and you can take it directly downtown to the historic French Quarter full of sightseeing, bars, restaurants, and live music. You can also take the streetcar to the historic Garden District (which is on the way to the French Quarter).