Hike, bike, swim — or just chill our 3 BR, 2.5-bath home surrounded by trees
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Must monitor children around stair/loft railingsMust monitor children around stair/loft railings
Pets allowed - Up to 2 well-behaved dogs. Up to 2 well-behaved dogs.
No events - Strictly enforced.Strictly enforced.
No smoking - No smoking or vaping of anything at all in house.No smoking or vaping of anything at all in house.
Max guests: 10 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- There is no garbage pickup — must take all trash/recycling with you and put in dumpster on way out
- If bringing dogs (max 2) please check Yes for Pets ($50 nonrefundable extra fee). Dogs may not be left alone and are not allowed on beds or furniture.
- The home is designed to be heated via the wood stove. Please use $$$ electric heaters sparingly, and turn off heaters & water heater on checkout.
- english, dutch
About Bonnie Powell
Bonnie (writer), Bart (photographer), and Bonnie's mom Linda (retired, dog lover) bought this house together as a place to get away from the Bay Area craziness and let our young daughter run wild outside. We love hiking, hammocking, swimming, rock climbing, and kayaking here in summer, and skiing, sledding, and sitting by the fire in winter!
Bonnie Powell purchased this house in 2016
Why Bonnie Powell chose Bear Valley
Bonnie went skiing with a friend in Bear Valley for the first time in January 2016 and appreciated how uncrowded and low-key the slopes were. We came back in summer all together and just fell in love with the peacefulness and all the outdoor activities. We bought this house somewhat on a whim before the big Winter of 2016/17 -- but haven't regretted it for a moment!
What makes this house unique
It's blissfully quiet and serenely beautiful. Every time we come up here, we discover something new.