In Umbria, the green heart of Italy, there is a place that speaks to you with tranquility and peace. A place where you are embraced by nature and history. Where you realize that above else, being on vacation means getting closer to yourself.
Villa Pian del Rocchio is a place designed to accommodate the interest of the people staying there, to respect their inclinations and their wish to stay where they feel truly at ease.
- Villa Pian del Rocchio has a geometry architecturally defined as 'spontaneous' - typical of the old country homes shaped over the years by adding on new living spaces to satisfy the changing needs of the large farming households that lived there.
- The Villa is in five blocks: three central ones (the Tower, the Hearth, the Kitchen) and two side ones (the Dining Room and the Veranda). The entire 'daytime' is on the ground floor, and the upper floors, with 5 bedrooms, house the 'night-time area'.
THE GROUND FLOOR: The ground levels have floors in 'cotto fiorentino' - Florentine-style fired brick. The doors and windows are in solid chestnut, with roll-up screens.
- The Villa is furnished with beautiful pieces all restored to perfect condition. Combined with the charming colors of the upholstery and wallpaper, they create a warm, family atmosphere.
- The Sitting room is furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs, plus a spacious built-in bookshelf that also contains a stereo system and satellite television. The large fireplace gives ambiance character and warmth.
- The Dining room has two large windows, one looking out on the garden and the other on the flowerbed with its specimens of 'antiques roses'. The walnut table seats 10-12 guests. A comfortable, colourful 'Dormeuse' for a relaxing afternoon siesta in the cool shade of the house complete the furnishing.
The Game room has two game tables (backgammon, cards, bridge board games and bidding box are available) as well as a harmoniously old-fashioned regular billiards table.
- The spacious yet cosy hi-tech Kitchen is completely furnished and equipped with a large oven and range, a refrigerator/freezer with ice dispenser, a built-in microwave and dishwasher.
- The large cool and sheltered Veranda, adjacent to the house, has a large, rectangular wrought-iron table easily capable of accommodating 12-14 guests for all outdoor occasions.
- The Parlour area has a 'guest bath' and the ground floor Laundry room is equipped with washer and ironing supplies.
THE FIRST & SECOND FLOOR (Mansarda): The bedrooms all have warm, light oaken parquet floors and beds may be quickly rearranged to suit the Guests' needs.
- Of the four first-floor bedrooms with en suite bathroom, one has a double bed and the other three have twin beds.
- The fifth bedroom with en suite bathroom, on the mansard level, is particularly large with a double bed.
- The bathrooms are all delightfully decorated with precious matching tiles, with large showers and ceramic sinks. The marble-lined bathroom has a whirlpool bath.
- All the bedrooms have private terraces that look out on two small lakes, one to the north and one to the south of the Villa, and offer a splendid view of the surroundings.