Spacious Comfortable Charming Family Farmhouse Great Location(16 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Property type:Farmhouse
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Farmhouse, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-8)
Experience a little of old New England. Our VRBO is a charming historic family farmhouse apartment(2100 square feet) with lots of room and comfort surrounded by 22 acres. Built in 1782, our farm was famous for breeding Plymouth Barred Rock chickens. About one hundred years ago, one of these barred rock roosters won the grand prize of $2000.00 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, that’s a lot of cash for the 1800’s! Many other grand prizes were won as well, and thus our rental unit has a built in wall safe that was used back then to hold the winnings (we don’t have the combination to the safe, but we have left a stethoscope there if you would like to try to crack the code.).
Built by the Bradley family, the farm was one of the first and largest dwellings in the area. To this day, the street is named Bradley St.. The river runs through our little valley, which sometimes brings Bald Eagles, Ospreys and Great Blue Herons migrating through. There also is a train track that brings an old fashioned freight train through, and you can even book a ride on the Berkshire Scenic Railway, which runs in the summer and early fall.
• Private entrance
• Three air conditioned bedrooms with, king, queen, and full beds respectively, each with a good sized closet.
• Two bathrooms, one with a full bath and one with a shower.
• Washer and dryer
• Pull out, full size, sleeper sofa downstairs for kids or extra guests.
• Formal dining room plus a breakfast nook located in the kitchen.
• Tons of living space: living room, sitting room, a glassed in front porch, and a big yard.
• Plentiful parking including enough space for a boat or RV if you need it.
• Crib and high chair available upon request
• Downtown Lee is about 3 minutes away, Lenox about 5, Stockbridge is about a 10 minute drive.
• Tanglewood: 10 minutes
• Jacobs Pillow Dance Festival: 15 minutes
• Norman Rockwell Museum: 15 minutes
• Clark Art Museum: 45 minutes
• Cranwell Spa & golf: 5 minutes
• Canyon Ranch Spa: 10 min
• Lee Prime Shopping Outlets: 5 minutes
• Bousquet Ski Area: 15 minutes
• Ski Butternut: 20 minutes
• Jiminy Peak Ski Area: 30 minutes
• October Mountain State Forest: 2 minutes
• Bear Town State Forest: 10 minutes
• Hancock Shaker Village: 25 minutes
• Mass MOCA: 45 minutes
• Shakepeare and company
• Kripalu center for Yoga and Health
• Six Flags: 45 minutes
• Greenock Gold Course in Lee
• Pittsfield Country club
• Berkshire Visitors Bureau
• Berkshire Scenic Railway
Silvio Conte Federal Archives
ABOUT THE BERKSHIRES
The natural beauty of the Berkshires is legendary. Scenic hills, tranquil lakes and gentle streams.
The Berkshires are famous for world class music and dance festivals. Tanglewood, summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra is a ten minute drive from our location. It is an extraordinary music venue where serious music lovers can sit up close, while families or more casual listeners can relax and picnic on the beautiful expansive lawn. Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival is a treasure with the very best of dance from around the world. The property is wonderful for picnicking, as well as being very user friendly to families with children, offering many free events. Many other quality museums, galleries, historic places and entertainment are close by as well.
If culture is not exactly on your list, the Berkshires offers fantastic local shopping, outlet mall shopping, and antiquing. Dining opportunities for all tastes and budgets abound. Recreational opportunities are more than can be counted for any age and ability. Hiking, mountain biking, golf, kayaking, swimming, horseback riding, skiing, and snowboarding are all offered in a multitude of locations in the immediate area. We are just a few minutes away from October Mountain State Forest and Bear Town State Forest with hundreds of miles of trails. The Appalachian Trail goes through Lee if you’d like to take a day hike (or more) on it. First class health and fitness experiences are available through the purchase of spa days at Canyon Ranch, a world famous health resort, (call ahead) and Kripalu, a world famous meditation and wellness center. For the kids, Six Flags amusement park is about 40 minutes away.For history buffs,the Silvio Conte Federal Archives allows you to trace your family tree.
Whether you would like to visit the Berkshires for everything it has to offer, or are planning a wedding, reunion or other special event and need a place for your family to stay, we would love to talk with you more about how we can help. Please look at our pictures, and check our links. Feel free to contact us with any questions, we’d love to hear from you.
Keywords: Historic Farmhouse
Member since: 2008
- Max. occupancy 8
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Alternative Lifestyle
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Glass paneled front porch, large yard, beautiful view, great bird watching, great sunsets,iron and ironing board, hair dryer, blender, coffee maker, toaster oven, supermarket 5 min. away, iPod dock, 2 televisions, radio, electric fireplace, alarm clocks, picnic table, local and long distance-continental us...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning
- Broadband Access
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
Since most people have their own cell phones, we are providing an emergency use back up cell phone with a minimum of 30 minutes to be used for local emergency contact.Please discuss with us if you do not have a cell phone of your own to use and need additional assistance....moreless
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
- Catering Available
- Cooking Utensils
- Outdoor Grill
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$300.00 per night for two nights for up to 6 people
$250.00 per night for up to 4 people
$350.00 per night for 7-8 people
Checks are preferred, payable directly to us (address on contract) if booking is more than 30 days away from arrival date.
For the months of July and August we are renting for one week minimum.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Bright Kitchen ,With a Nice View
Living Room With TV
The House and Three Season Porch
Formal Dining Room Leading Into The Sitting Room
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Monday, April 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.