Telluride Benchmark House is an alpine ski-in & ski-out private luxury home located trail-side on the Galloping Goose ski run in the heart of the Tellluride ski resort. Adjacent to the home is the Uncompahgre National Forest. The home is situated at 10,001' altitude with spectacular mountain views, and is surrounded by towering Aspens and Pines and completely hidden at the end of a private road for complete seclusion.
* Slope-side - Over 300' of direct ski-run frontage makes it easy to stop at the home while skiing for lunch, hot chocolate, gear changes or a warm fireplace. Also, remember to invite friends to stop at the home for Après-ski on the last run of the day. It's easy to book a Telski ski instructor to ski to the back door in the morning to pick up the kids for ski lessons. Also, when it starts to snow, you can pop in for powder skis or snowboards to take advantage of the fresh pow-pow. You will enjoy 'fresh tracks' on the ski run each morning as the first skiers down the ski run, before the lifts even start turning!
* Telski - World-class skiing with 18 lifts turning, 2 high-speed gondolas, 147 ski trails, Nastar race course, terrain parks, back-country, hike-to, extreme & helicopter-ski terrain. Telluride has an average annual snowfall of over 300 inches. Without question, Telski boasts the finest ski school in Colorado, catering to all ages and skill levels. Also, Nordic skiing, ice skating, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, horseback riding and ice-climbing!
* Festivals - There are over 30 summer festivals and concerts in Telluride during the summer, featuring renowned artists such as Alison Krauss, Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson, Phish, Neil Young, etc.
* Mountain Biking - Mountain bikes are waiting for you in the garage. Telluride is surrounded by an extensive network of single track bike trails and old mining roads great for every skill level from beginners to the most advanced riders. Push the limits on one of Telluride’s classic single track trails, or take a scenic ride on Telluride’s valley floor alongside the San Miguel River. Telluride is the perfect place to explore the mountains or join an experienced guide on a personal tour catered to your skill level and interests. Also, downhill on the ski runs! There is no need to pedal if you choose the free gondola to transport you and your bikes to the top of the mountain. The gondola is equiped with bike racks, and provides access to the Mountain Village Bike Park, as well as a network of free trails within the Telluride Ski Resort boundary.
* Hiking - Instant access to hiking trails and the Uncompahgre National Forest.
* Stand-up paddle-boarding - Stand-up paddle boards ready and waiting for you in the garage.
* Golf - World-class 18-hole championship golf course.
* Summer Camp - Telluride Academy is recognized as a premier US summer kids' camp.
* River rafting - White-water rafting down the San Miguel River, on your own or with professional guides.
* Fly fishing - On the San Miguel, Trout Lake, or many of the secret streams for rainbow trout, on your own or with professional guides.
* Exploring - Ghost towns, abandoned mining camps, waterfalls, gold panning.
* Mountain climbing - There are several 'fourteeners' and less challenging climbs, on your own or with a guide.
* Horseback riding
Two Towns unlike any others.
* Telluride (population: 2,220) is different. Don't look for a Wal-Mart, a gas station, a neon sign, a lift-line or even a single traffic light - there are none! Nestled in a 'box canyon' and surrounded by the steep-forested San Juan Mountains, the topography of this historic mining town makes growth in any direction impossible! The entire town is designated as a historical district and maintains a small 'mining-town' charm, with strictly-governed Victorian architecture. Explore the abandoned mining camps and frontier ghost towns which dot the hillsides.
* Mountain Village (population: 978) is Telluride's sister town located on the mountain, in the heart of the ski area. A european-style alpine community nestled high above Telluride at 9,500+ elevation. The towns are connected by a free gondola system operating over the mountain tops. There is no need for a car as homeowner guests enjoy free SUV service anywhere in Mountain Village; a large fleet of Mercedes Benz 12-passenger Sprinter vans await your call to or from any destination.
* Great Room - A three-story stone fireplace and towering wall of windows overlooking the Galloping Goose ski run and the San Juan mountains.
* Dining room - A giant mahogany dining table seating ten guests comfortably with mountain views and easy access to outside deck.
* Kitchen - A fully-furnished gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops and a seven-person breakfast nook.
* Bedroom #5 - A large bedroom with queen pillow-top bed, giant library of leather-bound classics, TV, easy access to hot tub and deck.
* Deck - A large deck with a new Weber barbecue grill and majestic views of the San Juan mountains and starry skies by night.
* Hot Tub - Sundance hot tub with ski-run and mountain views, CD, ipod deck and aromatherapy jets. Our hot tub is professionally maintained at least twice per week for peak performance and comfort.
* Bath - A full bath on the main floor for quick access to fluffy towels and a warm shower after the hot tub.
* Garage - A two-car heated garage with an additional refrigerator and freezer. The garage is also equipped with 15 mountain bikes, 15 sleds, ski & snowboard equipment and recreational equipment.
* Family Room - A 50" high-definition TV, DVD, movie library, leather sofa club chairs, and classic book library.
* Bath - A full-sized bathroom keeps kids downstairs.
* Game Room - A billiards table, foosball table, card & game table, wet bar, refrigerator, draft beer tender.
* Bunk Room - 4 pine log (double) bunk beds and two twin beds - (up to ten kids can sleep in this room).
* Kids' Room - 2 beds (twins), TV, DVD with over 100 kids' movies.
* Teen room - 1 twin-size day bed with twin-size pull-out trundle bed below.
* A full-service laundry room with new oversized front-load washer and dryer units with steam options.
* 2 Bedrooms - Each with a queen bed and new pillow-top mattress, fine cotton bedding, TV and private full baths.
* Bedroom - A smaller bedroom with double bed, TV, full bath and fine cotton bedding.
* Sitting Area - A common sitting area with mountain views.
* Master Bedroom - A king bed with new pillow-top mattress, gas fireplace, mountain views, TV, fine cotton bedding, and private master bath with walk-in closet, spa tub and Mr. Steam steam shower.
2018 Summer Festivals
Literary Arts Festival | May 18 - 20
MountainFilm | May 25 - 29
Balloon Festival | June 01 - 03
Wild West Festival | June 04 - 08
WOW Festival | June 07 - 10
Bluegrass Festival | June 21 - 24
Wine Festival | June 28 - July 01
Plein Air Festival | June 29 - July 05
Touch-a-Truck Festival | June 30
4th of July Celebration | July 04
Telluride Rundola | July 04
Ride Festival | July 14 - 15
San Miguel Basin Fair | July 14 - 21
Yoga Festival | July 19 - 22
Hardrock 100 Race | July 21
Art + Architecture Festival | July 21 - 22
Ah Haa Art Festival | July 21
Baseball festival | July 23 - 29
Telluride Playwrights Festival | July 25 - 29
Telluride 100 Mountain Bike Race | July 28
Jazz Festival | August 03 - 05
Chamber Music Festival | August 06 - 12
Mushroom Festival | August 16 - 19
Film Festival | August 31 - September 03
Imogene Pass Run | September 08
Blues & Brews Festival | September 14 - 16
Mountains to Desert Ride | September 22
Cars & Colors Festival | September 27 - 30
Telluride Horror Show | October 12 - 14
Telluride License #017790
Keywords: telluride action rental, Ski lodge, ski-in, ski-out, trailside, slopeside, ski-run property, luxury home, mountain home, family vacation home.