|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Be sure to check availability on our other properties;
* Wimberley, Tx - "The Great Escape" 92827 - 6 BR, 5 Bath, Pool, Game Room, 3 acres on Blanco River, Hot Tub, etc.
* Wimberley, Tx - "Rim Rock Lodge" 269765 - 6 BR, 5 Bath, Pool, Awesome Views, 33 acres, Game Room, Sauna, Hot Tub, Outdoor Kitchen, Theater Room for 9, etc.
* Wimberley, Tx - "Grand View Escape" VRBO 889760 - 5 BR, 4.5 Bath, Game Room, 33 acres, Hot Tub, Outdoor Kitchen, Awesome 360 degree views!
* Wimberley, Tx - Sunset Ridge Escape" VRBO - 5 BR, 4 Bath, Pool, Hot Tub, Game Room, Outdoor Kitchen, 12 acres.
* San Marcos, Tx - "Rose House" VRBO 889756 - Coming Fall 2016 - 3 Story Victorian, built in 1905, 4 BR, 4 Bath, Hot Tub, Awesome Views, on Acreage, etc.
* Evergreen, CO - "Above The Clouds" VRBO 776276 - 8 BR, 9 bath, 8500 sq ft, 33 acres, best view in Colorado, hot tub, work-out room, Game room, Theater Room for 11, etc, etc, etc
The Lodge at Rim Rock Ranch is a Luxury Hill Country Estate sitting on top of the Devil’s Backbone with 40 mile views looking over the Wimberley Valley and the beautiful Texas hill country. Drive through the private gate and onto the 33 acre estate and begin your withdrawal from your hectic life and slow down to enjoy the wildlife and glory that Rim Rock has to offer.
Rim Rock Lodge offers the ultimate location in Hill Country getaways that will allow you and your group the chance to sit on the back porch, enjoy a glass of wine or ice tea, feel the cool breezes as they come up from the canyon, watch the deer, and experience the panorama of colors offered by the sun as it sets on the horizon.
New Gameroom and Theatre Room now Complete!! 1,000 Sq Ft game room with fireplace, pool table, ping pong, game table, foosball, air hockey, and 19' shuffleboard. Dedicated Theatre room with 10' screen and raised theatre seating with 9 leather theater chairs. 60" TV in gameroom with surround sound, and stereo system. Nice rock fireplace. Full Bath with walk-in shower. The covered deck is 900 Sq Ft and overlooks the valley view.
The house was completed in October 2009. The features and amenities are all luxurious and are what you would expect in only the finest ranches and estates. A few of the features are offered below:
• There are a total of 6 bedrooms, each decorated with hill country charm and rustic ranch elegance.
• Total of 5 full baths, each with slate or travertine floors and walls, double shower heads ( except the master which has 5 ), and frameless glass doors.
• Granite on all counter top surfaces
• Great room with 19’ ceilings, open wood trusses, large grand windows open to every view, along with a wood burning rock fireplace that soars 19’ to the top of the Ceiling, that provides a great backdrop to the grand vistas of the view outside of every window, 52” LCD HDTV with DVR and surround sound.
• Game room in the house with pool table, ice machine, wet bar with granite surface, bar refrigerator, 42” LCD HDTV, Master Sony stereo system with speakers spread both inside and outside the house, walls are covered in wood recovered from a 105 year old farm house and with decorations to match, old doors taken from a famous old hotel in Lincoln, Nebraska.
• Real hardwood floors along with rock surfaces throughout the inside of the house provide an upscale ranch atmosphere
• Master Bedroom with Vaulted Ceiling, HDTV and DVR, Fantastic Views of Valley
• Master bath with granite double sink, travertine wall/floor, large jetted tub, huge shower with 5 shower heads
• Kitchen with SS appliances, double oven, gas cook top, large wine cooler, accent lighting and fully furnished.
• All interior and exterior walls insulated for sound, allowing for complete relaxation
• Dining room has an 8’ farm table that allows your entire group to sit down and enjoy dinner together while enjoying the million dollar views just outside the their back door.
When you step through the 8’ glass doors towards the most incredible view you will ever see in the hill country, you also have the rest of these amenities to take advantage of:
• 1400 sq ft of covered porch to take advantage of the incredible views with rocking chairs and comfortable furniture and fans
• Hot Tub with natural rock wall and surround
• Cedar Sauna large enough for 6+ people
• The Swimming Pool is surrounded by natural rock patios and retaining walls that fits in with the natural surroundings. There is a separate elevated Lounge Pool 12” to 18” deep that allows you to pull your chair into the water, kick back in your lounge chair, and really relax. A Large rock water fall between the lounge pool and main pool provides tranquil sounds while you relax and enjoy the cool waters. Conversation benches along the edges of the main pool that allow you to sit in the water and enjoy all of the views of the canyon.
Disc Golf Course - We like to play disc golf and have 6 baskets set up around acreage close to the house. Bring your discs!
Location - Centrally located just 6 miles from Wimberley town center, 8 miles from Canyon Lake, 10 miles from San Marcos, and 20 miles from Gruene and New Braunfels. We are also just 35 minutes from Austin and an hour from San Antonio. Use Rim Rock Lodge as your base of operation for your Hill Country Vacation.
* Master - Private Bath - King Bed and a small fold out twin for kids only.
* BR # 2 - Private door to shared bath - Queen Bed
* BR 3 - Private Bath - King Bed
* BR 4 - Shared Bath - Queen Bed and Twin Day Bed.
* BR 5 - Shared Bath - Queen Bed and Twin Day Bed.
* BR 6 - Shared Bath - Queen
* Living Room - Queen Fold Out Couch
* Game Room - Queen Fold Out Couch with dedicated Bath.
Check rates by clicking on rates tab.
If this house is not available for the dates you are requesting, be sure to check availability on our other properties; .
Wimberley, Tx - The Great Escape 92827
Wimberley, Tx - Sunset Ridge Escape162562
Evergreen, CO - Above The Clouds 776,276
Keywords: House on Private Ranch luxury Wimberley san marcos view pool sauna game room theater room acreage internet fire pit hot tub TV internet
Peggy and Phil Collins bought this land in 2008 and starting building in about September of that year. We finished the house in March of 2009 and then spent about 6 months completing all of the outdoor living projects. The house was Built by Bill Dunn Construction and the house was built to the highest quality standards that you can imagine. We feel that we have really created something special and are sure that you will feel the same way that we do. This is our third vacation property in the Wimberley/San Marcos area and we are really excited about what we have accomplished. The photo is of Peggy and I in Shanghai in May of 2009.
Shiloh Collins purchased this house in 2008
Once you see the view from the back porch, or from the covered pavilion, or from the hot tub, or the sauna, or anywhere in the back yard, there will be no question as to why we decided on this location. The two comments that we hear from everyone are, 'That is a MILLION DOLLAR VIEW' or 'THAT is THE BEST view in Wimberley and/or Hays County'. Come see for yourself.
Why is this property so successful?
* The Number One Reason for Success at all of our properties is that we have very large homes that allow large groups or families to all be together, but everything is SPREAD OUT so that you are not underfoot all the time, and can still have privacy in your large group.
* Million dollar view.
* Private estate allows peace and quiet.
* High end luxury in the construction and furnishings.
* 3 fireplaces, hot tub, sauna, firepit.
* Full outdoor kitchen and covered pavilion.
* 11 TVs with cable and premium channels.
* 6 basket disc golf course
* A pool area nicer than most resorts.
* Fully furnished with everything you need.
* Incredible Game Room and 3 tiered Theater Room with 9 leather lay out seats.
The Main Reason for our Success - is that Peggy and I built this for our families use. We made it nice for us, and now everyone can share in this. This property is big enough to accommodate a large group, but allows so many places for people to be, that you are not crowded or bumping into each other. The new game room is a great addition to this property, and we are very excited about it. Thank you for considering Rim Rock Lodge, and we are confident that it will be a great decision for you.
Thanks so much for a great time and beautiful place to spend our Casey family reunion! It was hard to make ourselves venture out to see the sights when we had such an amazing house as our home base. Loved it! Hope to be back next year to celebrate our dad's 93rd birthday!
We stayed at Rim Rock Lodge to bring family together to celebrate our daughter's graduation from Texas State. With family living in different states we needed a place we could all stay, celebrate her achievement and spend time together...other than hotel rooms. It was perfect! Plenty of space to accommodate us all. It was the relaxing time we were hoping for. Best of all the home felt like a home. In fact our 4 year old grandson referred to it has "our new home". The Christmas tree and simple decorations also made us feel like we were spending Christmas with extended family - something we have not been able to do in years. We made good use of the media room and game room. Our grandson even took a dip in the pool in December. The location between Texas State and Wymberley was perfect as well. The home was well stocked and had everything we needed and more.
I also want to state that the owner and everyone involved in the reservation process were wonderful to work with. Very responsive and understanding our needs. Excellent customer service. Our only regret is we had to leave and come home.
Our family has rented this house for the past two summers and we are already booked for next summer. We've been renting homes in the Wimberley area for 8 years and no other property comes close to this one. The property easily accommodates a large group and there's something for everyone to do (game room, pool tables, pool, movie room). Fantastic property with views of the hill country that can't be described or conveyed in pictures. You have to see this place for yourself.
We rented this fabulous place for my daughter's 25th birthday. In all I think we ended up with 14 total and this house did not disappoint in lodging or amenities. It's sometimes hard to get a group of people together (male & female, ranging in age from 25-60) and find a place where everyone was entertained. Whether swimming in the pool, soaking in the hot tub, watching movies in the theater room, playing pool (or any of the other numerous games offered in the game) or just sitting on the porch or around the fire pit...the fun is endless!!!
I can't wait to go back.
From all of the guests: Best Memorial weekend ever! Lubbock, TX, Midland, TX, San Antonio, TX, Austin, TX
P.S. Great place to take selfies with the selfie stick – sweet.
Just a side note: This was the weekend of the horrible flood in Wimberly; however we were unaware of the devastation going on just a few miles down the road. I did appreciate the call we received from the property manager the next day to check on us and make sure we didn't encounter any problems.
Labor Day weekend, 2015
Thanks so much for the stay – A magical weekend with endless fun. Hope we can come back sometime soon!
-The Houston Family
OUR FOURTH VISIT TO RIM ROCK. WE FEEL LIKE IT IS JUST LIKE BEING AT HOME,YET IN HEAVEN. THE COLLINS FAMILY HAS THE BEST TASTE AND THE ADDITIONS LIKE THE GAME ROOM AND MOVIE THEATRE ARE AWESOME. OUR FAMILY HAD A WONDERFUL TIME. WE BOOKED OUR NEXT YEAR TRIP BEFORE WE LEFT SEE YOU IN 2016
We had a terrific stay at Rim Rock Ranch with a dozen family members, ranging in age from 20 to 83. The house and its amenities have something for everyone. There is a feeling of being out away from everything while still having the comforts of home; the 'wilds' are available within a few steps but the needs and wants are within arms' reach. The property is clearly well managed and KC was great to work with - communicative, responsive, and friendly. The bottom line - we made our reservation for next year before we left!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Two night Minimum, except Holidays which are 3 night minimum. No cleaning charge.
Holidays are $1,100 per night, for up to 12 guests.