Our beach cottage was completely updated in 2006. It's a short walk off the deck to the lake. The cottage is located on the Lake Superior side of the road. We rent from Sunday thru Friday or Saturday, please check the calendar for availability.
The owners visit the cottage before each renter and meticulously clean and maintain the cottage.
Madeline Island is just 220 miles from Minneapolis. Take a ferry from the historic town of Bayfield, Wisconsin and arrive on scenic Madeline Island.
The beach cottage is located on a beautiful sand beach, a stone's throw from the water. From the property you can see Big Bay State Park, Long Island (one of the Apostle Islands), and the Porcupine Mountains across the bay in Michigan.
The beach cottage has a rap around deck where you can lounge and take in the changing moods of Lake Superior. If beach combing is your thing, there is a gentle walk down a sandy trail to the water's edge. Enjoy a bonfire at the water's edge, or enjoy the great swimming.
Madeline Island resurfaced its roads and the asphalt is great for bicycling, rollerblading, and walking. For our guests use we offer: four bikes, two kayaks, two stand-up paddle boards, charcoal grill, lounge chairs, umbrella and Adirondack chairs. We also offer internet service, a TV, DVD player (with a library of DVDs) and a stereo.
1. Smoking (or vaping) is NOT allowed in the cottage or the property.
2. No persons other than those in the Guest party (which is maximum of 4 persons) may be allowed onto the property. The Homeowner has not represented this unit as an event facility, therefore, events are not allowed. At no time may anyone except the Guest (maximum of 4) be allowed to remain overnight, assume any guest privileges whatsoever, including but not limited to the use of the kitchenette and shower.
3. The Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities this includes the use of bikes and boats. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly
assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise (inviting guests onto the property is not allowed).
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and only use appliances for their intended uses.
5. We allow children with the following stipulations:
- Guests are responsible for any and all necessary 'baby proofing'.
- Children under age 13 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
6. The use of the high-speed broadband internet connection is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by Comcast, Inc.
7. Two guest vehicles are allowed in the host driveway.
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
9. A landline phone is provided for guests use during the stay.Long distance calls are blocked. No Pay-Per-Call calls are allowed and collect calls may NOT be accepted.