River cottage with private beach near Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Busch Gardens
All bedrooms have linens and pillows (beds already made), extra blankets, alarm clock, and flashlight. One bedroom has a small TV and DVD player, DVD's and books.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Wonderful for children but not childproof.Wonderful for children but not childproof.
Pets allowed - Limited to 1 dog. Must be approved before booking.Limited to 1 dog. Must be approved before booking.
No smoking - No smoking in cottage.No smoking in cottage.
Max guests: 5
Minimum age of primary renter: 25
- Limited to 5 people, including children and guests. This also includes day guests. Limited to 2 vehicles.
- Cottage is rented Saturday to Saturday JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST. You do not have to book the whole week.
- Dog must be approved before booking. DOG IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE LEFT ALONE ALL DAY. There is a Kennel at Busch Gardens; check the Busch Gardens website.
Check in and check out with no person-to-person contact
All towels and bedding washed in hot water that’s at least 60ºC/140ºF
Property has guest safety measures
High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant (like countertops, light switches, handles, and faucets)
Cleaned with disinfectant
Follows industry health association: SafeStay (AHLA - USA)
Hosted by A.C. TraylorAsk a question
About A.C. Traylor
We are a retired couple who love Virginia's history and the "rivah"!
Why A.C. Traylor chose Surry
Our cottage has a beautiful view, a private beach and the James River to play in, but close to Jamestown, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Busch Gardens and other sites that you came to see. It is like having the best of both worlds.
What makes this Cottage unique
The view is beautiful. Directly across the river is Jamestown Island, the place of the first permanent English settlement in America (1607). This cottage is on land that was given to Pocahontas from her father, Powhatan, when she married John Rolfe. On a clear day, you can see the roller coasters at Busch Gardens. Even if the weather isn't perfect, you can sit on the enclosed porch and watch Eagles and Ospreys fish, or tugboats going by. As one guest said, it was like coming home after a busy day. And, you can always spend a day on the "rivah," swimming, kayaking, or just enjoying it while sitting under a beach umbrella.