Know before you go
COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements for travel are changing rapidly.Learn more
Tropical eco-cottage;If you loved Maho Bay,you'll love this!On hiking trail!
THE LIFE'S A BEACH SUITE/BEDROOM includes suite of custom queen bedroom area with deck, overlooking Caribbean Sea, bright Caribbean organic cotton linens, lightweight comforter, lots of pillows, a tree growing through deck beside bed, private bath with shower, bedroom garden, bright Caribbean art, mural and painting on recycled linoleum. Located on a separate level with steps down from kitchen and open-air setting, mosquito net, reading light and fan. Views of sunrise and sea without having to lift your head!
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 7 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 7 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children not allowed
Max guests: 2 (sleeps up to 2 adults) - 22
Minimum age of primary renter: 12 - The retreat is not safe for young childrenThe retreat is not safe for young children
- Relax! The vibe is all about relaxing...in the hammock, in the love seat, on the couch, in the meditation chairs.
- Rejuvenate! You have a busy life and hectic schedule, so it's essential to get your mojo back!
- Re-energize! Resting and relaxing are essential to great health and spiritual peace. This is the place!
Hosted by Allison SmithAsk a question
About Allison Smith
26 year resident of St. John, Allison offers her eco-home to fellow nature-lover guests as a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation. She built the home herself (with a little help from her friends!) over a period of 15 years during a time of minimal access to basic construction services; ie she took materials up the rigorous Johnny Horn Trail in her jeep! She's created a natural home, complete with birds that land in your hand and hopes that you'll find the same serenity as you watch the sunrise from your bed! She lives on a nearby smaller island and is readily available to help in any way. She grew up in Florida and sailed to the Virgin Islands in her own sailboat, spending six months at sea en route. She has devoted her life to that of service, first as a school counselor, then as the 'island shrink' and founder and director of the islands first non-profit organization, the People Moving Forward Foundation. Guided to create spiritual growth opportunities, she created Rejuvenation Vacations, specializing in retreats for relaxation, yoga and spiritual growth. She has taught workshops and classes on A Course in Miracles, prosperity consciousness, living an optimum life experience and is currently studying to be a Licensed Unity Teacher through Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute. She leads weekly community meditation gatherings on Peace Hill and teaches Wednesday classes under the gri gri tree in Pickles Deli's backyard. She has a beautiful daughter, Angie, and five fabulous grandchildren, three of whom are on St. John.
Allison Smith purchased this cottage in 2000
Why Allison Smith chose Coral Bay
The Coral Bay Eco Retreat offers an opportunity to experience off-the-grid living in a tropical setting. The energy of the area, overlooking the VI National Park as well as bordering it provides a serene and peaceful setting with an awesome view and silence, a rare commodity in these times! At one point, it was a haven for 'rescue goats' who had been injured or abandoned, as an adjunct to the island's animal care center, hosting as many as 15 little goats in a stable built by her and her grandson. This house is like no other, unique and sweet, simple and close to nature.
What makes this cottage unique
* Location! Located on the historic Johnny Horn Trail, on the border of the Virgin Islands National Park, you're only a half mile jeep ride or hike from the heart of Coral Bay with its shops, bars and restaurants and a mile from the beaches of the VI National Park including the famous snorkeling of Waterlemon Cay. Peaceful and quiet! * Unique home: open air, solar-powered, gathered rain water, trees growing through the decks, birds that land in your hand!Totally sustainable. * Massage table on site for home-based massage visits