The Alpenhaus - Spectacular Vacation Home Near Breckenridge
The manager has been emailed.
This manager doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Not available
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
ALPENHAUS is a gorgeous custom log home located in Valley of the Sun which just North of Fairplay and South of Alma in Park County. The home is only 25 minutes from Breckenridge with easy access to Highway 9. This spectacular 3 bedroom and 3 bath home is on a wooded property with fabulous vies of the white-capped mountains.It sleeps 7 in beds plus two queen sofa beds that are new and comfortable. The home is very secluded and you cannot see any other cabins around the home. This home has every amenity that you can dream of in addition to the beautiful wooded outdoor area. It is very common to see Moose, Elk, and Deer right on the property. The Valley of the Sun has several families of Moose and Fox. This is one of the few areas where you are able to see Moose in their natural habitat.
The home has a spacious living area with a wood-burning fireplace open to the dining area and cheerful kitchen. The kitchen is well stocked and has custom cabinets and counter tops. There are 3 bedrooms. The upstairs bedroom has a king bed and there is a full bath and a loft with a twin bed upstairs also. On the main level, there is another bedroom with a full bath that has a queen size bed. The downstairs has a room with a king size bed and a full bath. This room is also a game room with a queen size sleeper sofa and a gas fireplace. The great room has a memory foam queen sleeper sofa. There is another twin futon bed in the home as well. The great room is a huge room with lofted ceilings and two-story windows that have views of the mountains and the forest. There is lots of comfortable seating as well as a wood-burning fireplace that has a blower to heat the home in addition to the central heating. There are 3 full baths (one on each level). The lower floor by the driveway, has a bench to store your shoes and put on your ski boots. There is also storage for skiis provided. There is even a stove in the locker room to keep you toasty warm while putting on your ski boots. The large dining has seating for 6-8 and there is also seating at the kitchen island. The outdoor area is also spectacular at this home with fabulous views, a gas grill, a large deck with comfy chairs and a fire pit. ALL WITH GREAT MOUNTAIN VIEWS. There will be a new hot tub by November 1st of 2011 for our winter guests to enjoy after a long day of skiing. The hot tub will be on the deck and have great mountain views. Satellite TV, and phone are provided for the guests. Plenty of games and movies are in the game room downstairs. There is a Wii game station.
The driveway is plowed in the winter and the roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is required due to the frequent snow storms in this area. We recommend it from December through April.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your 'Base Camp'.
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 25 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 30 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting – 25 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge – 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak – 60 min. SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but also the seclusion and beauty that only a true mountain setting can offer.
Keywords: Alpenhaus is a custom vacation home built on a gorgeous wooded and secluded lot with mountain views from every angle. The home sleeps 12 people.
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
It is a great property for kids to explore. They will love the game room with lots of kids movies and toys as well as air hockey. The fire pit outside is also a big hit with kids for a night time campfire and marshmallow toasting....moreless
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
- King size beds (2) The master bedroom has a luxurious king bed.nad the downstairs room has a king size bed. Queen size Beds (1) The second Bedroom has a queen bed. , Twin or Single Beds (1). There is a twin bed in the loft. , Child Beds (1) There is a twin futon in the master bedroom for a small child to sleep by their parents. , Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) There are two sofa beds in this home. One is a memory foam mattress that is extremely comfortable. There is a sleeper sofa in the living room and one in the downstairs bedroom / game room....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- This home has almost every amenity you would ever need. It has very flexible sleeping arrangements with a king bed, a queen bed, 3 twin beds, two queen sleeper sofas (one with memory foam), and a twin futon sleeper. The home has gorgeous mountain views and a very wooded and secluded property. The new wind river hot tub is absolutely gorgeous and has views of the white-capped mountains. It is perfect to relax in after a hard day of skiing or snow boarding. ...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance
- Gas Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Mobile Phone
- Parking Off Street
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 2 - Nov 6, 2016
2 night min stay
Nov 7 - Nov 17, 2016
5 night min stay
Nov 18 - Nov 27, 2016
4 night min stay
Nov 28 - Dec 17, 2016
5 night min stay
Dec 18 - Jan 8, 2017
5 night min stay
Jan 9 - Dec 31, 2017
5 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency ($) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the manager / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Hiking, fishing, hunting, ice climbing, 4-wheeling, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, snow-shoeing, ghost town exploring, mine tours, and much much more. Just ask us for information on the activities in the area. There is an old restored mining town called South Park City nearby in Fairplay where you can tour all of the historic buildings from the mining days.
- Primary: (719) 836-7039 (Colorado, USA) (Colorado, USA)
- Secondary: (720) 371-2763 (Colorado, USA) (Colorado, USA)
Alpenhaus at twilight. A gorgeous setting any time of year.
Spacious Cheerful Kitchen with every modern convenience.
Second Luxurious Bedroom with a Queen Bed.
The spacious Loft has a twin bed, dresser, and Lounge Chair to relax.
One of Three full Baths.
Views of the white capped Mountains
Nearby Platte River - Great for fishing!
Alpenhaus - Gorgeous Custom Vacation Home Near Breckenridge.
Great Room with Vaulted Ceiling, Two-Story Windows, Wood Fireplace, and Views!
Luxurious King Bed in the master bedroom. Plump pillows and fabulous amenities.
What a room! Fireplace, games, TV, 2 twins, sofa, and flat screen TV, full bath.
Loft Upstairs with Great Views. A fabulous place to relax and read a book!
Beautiful New Hot Tub with Amazing Mountain Views to relax in after Hiking.
Beautiful Views of the White-Capped Mountains from the Spacious Deck.
Large Full Bath on the Main Level
This listing was first published here in 2011.
Date last modified - Monday, October 24, 2016
- Property typeCabin
- Calendar last updated 10/24/2016
Before making a payment, always call the manager at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
(719) 836-7039 (Colorado, USA)
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.