Charming Cottage in Popponesset - Walk to Private Beach!!(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Newly Renovated 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Plus Outdoor Shower
Come relax and enjoy our recently updated (inside and out!) and tastefully furnished beach cottage in family friendly Popponesset ... the perfect spot for your family summer vacation. Let our home become your Cape home away from home. Everything you need will be here waiting for you!
Bed linens and bath towels are provided and we have all of your beach needs available for your use (chairs, wagon/cart, umbrella, sand toys, etc.). Also provided are daily household supplies - TP, paper towels, dish & laundry detergent, trash bags, etc. No extra packing or shopping necessary.
Walk to our private community beach (approx. 300-400 yards away) and enjoy the warm ocean water of the Nantucket Sound, kayak and paddle board in Popponesset Bay or search for critters on The Spit.
Children can walk or bike to the ball field, playground or Dean's Pond where they can learn to fish or feed the ducks. Our Community Center (one block away) offers daily morning and evening activities for all ages in the summer season and the Cape Cod Children's Museum is a 3 minute drive away and is open year round.
Take a short drive, bike ride or walk to the charming Popponesset Marketplace featuring a general store, ice cream shop, candy store, pizza parlor, miniature golf, children's activities, award winning lobster rolls, raw bar and specialty boutiques. Live entertainment is provided Thurs-Sun each week in the summer. Grab a drink at the gazebo while the kids dance to the music!
Enjoy waterfront dining at the nearby Popponesset Inn or New Seabury Country Club.
Still looking for more to do?
Travel 3 miles by car to Mashpee Commons which features 90+ shops, a movie theater, bowling alley, concerts, family entertainment and numerous restaurants.
Take a ferry from nearby Falmouth or Hyannis to Martha's Vineyard and/or Nantucket or enjoy the aquarium, oceanographic institute and waterfront restaurants in Woods Hole.
Golfer in the family? Play one or more of the several public and private courses nearby.
* Our most frequently asked inquiry question ... is there AC? Typical of most Cape cottages, there is no central AC. We do have a window AC unit located in the main living area. The bedrooms are all equipped with ceiling and window fans. Temperature on the Cape is typically 10 degrees cooler than inland temperatures an evening temperatures during the summer months are often in the 60's.
* Bedroom #1 has a queen bed, en suite bath w/ shower & LCD TV & DVD player.
* Bedroom #2 has a queen bed.
* Bedroom #3 has twin bunk beds and twin trundle bed.
* New full bath w/ double sink conveniently located in hall.
* Fully applianced kitchen w/ dishwasher, stove, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, panini grill, electric skillet & mini waffle maker.
* Eat in Dining Area seats 6.
* Spacious deck with outdoor dining table & gas grill overlooking a wooded backyard. Very private!
* Patio area with lounge furniture.
* Outdoor Shower and Changing Area.
* Washer & Dryer (detergent included)
* Ping Pong Table in (unfinished) basement.
* Bed Lines and Bath Towels provided (bring your own beach towels).
* Household Supplies Included - TP, Paper Towels, Paper Products (plates, napkins), Soap, Dish & Laundry Detergent.
* Beach Accessories - Beach Cart, Wagon, Chairs (4), Umbrella, Cooler & Sand Toys.
* Cable TV, DVD Players & WiFi Internet.
* Outdoor yard games, art supplies, board games, toys, etc.
* Portable Crib (w/ bedding), High Chair, Booster Seats, Toddler Bed Bumpers, Exersaucer and Infant Bath Seat available.
Member since: 2014
- 1040 sq. ft.
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 24 - Aug 26, 2017
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
LABOR DAY HOLIDAY 2017
Sep 1 - Sep 4, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $150
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Taxes Not included
Minimum Age Requirement (25 years old). No Smoking. No Pets. Maximum Occupancy Rules Apply. Rates may be subject to change and are not final until booking. Holiday Rates May Apply.
Summer Season is for weekly rentals only (Saturday to Saturday). Check in time is 3 PM and Check out time is 10 AM.
All payments will be processed through VRBO/HomeAway's online payment link. Please Note: There is a 3% transaction fee for credit card payments. There is no charge for payments made by e-check.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Outdoor Shower and Patio Area
Kitchen/Dining Area off of Living Room
En Suite Bath w/ Shower (Master Bedroom)
Bedroom #3 - Twin Bunk Bed w/ Trundle
Spacious Deck w/ Dining & Gas Grill
Bay Side Water Sports - great place to Paddleboard and Kayak!
Community Center - offers daily activities, playground & ball field
Community Ball Field
3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Cottage in Popponesset!
Large Eat-in Kitchen with Full Amenities
Bedroom #1 - Queen w/ en suite bath, TV & DVD.
Bedroom #2 w/ Queen
Hall Bathroom w/ Tub & Shower Combo
Outdoor Patio Lounge
5 Minute Walk to Private Beach on Nantucket Sound
Popponesset Bay - perfect spot to find little critters!
Community Playground (located 1 block away)
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.