Island Surf 501: Goregous 2 Bdrm Condo with Spectacular Ocean Views(42 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Condo
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible Bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-5)
• One king bed, one queen bed, and one queen pullout
• Unique layout: Very few condos in Hawaii, in this price range, are constructed with so much frontage facing the ocean. Both the master bedroom and the living room directly face the ocean. (depicted in the building layout drawing) When you first walk into our condo, you’ll see what we mean! Large, bright, airy.
• Larger than average two-bedroom unit ~ 1000 sq ft.
• You choose: A gentle breeze using the ceiling fans in every room along with the ocean breeze, or the cooling of our quiet A/C systems for those extra warm days and nights.
• If there is something our kitchen is missing – tell us – we’ll likely buy it. (No one has had to tell us anything yet!)
• The street can be noisy. That’s why we replaced the entire glass at the front of the condo with double paned, tinted windows and slider doors. And just wait till you try those doors – two fingers opens those gliding doors!
• It’s nice to not worry about driving if you choose to have some wine with dinner. We are a short walking distance from many award winning restaurants and lounges.
• We have a keyless entry - no need to worry about sharing keys (or losing keys!).
Why choose this condo?
• We are very proud of our property. We are dedicated to giving you the best experience. We, the owners, personally stay in this condo at least twice a year for our Maui vacations. And because we like the best, you’ll get the best.
• Have you ever walked into a vacation property and wondered how the photos online made it look so much better? That’s because photos can fabricate the truth, (those wide angle lens!) and photos don’t tell the story about the dreaded “tired” condo. Our tenants often tell us how well our photos represent the real beauty, cleanliness and space of our unit.
• Everyone fits on the double wide lanai, so everyone can enjoy the spectacular sunsets each evening. The sunset picture you see in the photos was taken with an average camera by an average photographer (me!) and no photo-shopping.
• Call us – we can give you more information and set your mind at ease about our condo, our rates, any questions you might have.
• Consistently in the top 10 of 63 lodgings in Kihei. http://tinyurl.com/hapohnp
• In accordance with Hawaii state laws, we have an on-island representative. That rep is not our local taxi driver, it’s not our cleaner, it’s not the guy from down the street at the local Starbucks, it’s a large reputable vacation management company called Rentals Maui. They have the staff and experience to handle any problems that may arise during your stay. And they very rarely have to be called, because we pay close attention to all the details of our condo.
• And our cleaners? They are second to none. After they have done their magic, we have a second set of eyes going through our condo (our Vacation Management company), so nothing is missed!
• There will be no surprises – when we send you a quote, everything is there - what you see in our reservation document is what it will cost. There are NO hidden fees.
• Got a few too many people in your party? We have a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor. http://www.vrbo.com/673973
• And finally, and most important, we keep our knives sharp.
I could go on about the marble countertops and free wi-fi, smart TV where you can stream your Netflix, free long distance, beautiful towels, comfy beach chairs, coolers for the beach, lovely bamboo flooring, bbqs by the pool for grilling, amazing park across the street, surf lessons and rentals across the street, bicycle rentals on the first floor of the condo, but I won’t.
So here’s the administrative stuff:
• Our calendar is always up-to-date, so please click on the Calendar tab above, to see our availability.
• PLEASE NOTE: We can accommodate any length of stay, but if your stay is less than 7 days, it must fit quite snugly between, or at the end or beginning of existing bookings.
• Go ahead and use the GET AN INSTANT QUOTE button.
• If you wish to pay with a credit card, we accept all major credit cards.
Tax License # W-36104735-01
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- On floor 5
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Also: one Childs bed and crib available on request
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Health/Beauty Spa
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Ice Maker
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
High Season 2017
Jan 3 - Apr 15, 2017
1 night min stay
Low Season 2017
Apr 16 - Nov 1, 2017
1 night min stay
High Season 2017
Nov 2 - Dec 15, 2017
1 night min stay
Chrstmas Season 2017
Dec 16 - Jan 5, 2018
1 night min stay
High Season 2018
Jan 6 - Apr 15, 2018
1 night min stay
Low Season 2018
Apr 16 - Oct 1, 2018
1 night min stay
My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- cleaning $150
- Tax Rate 13.42%
There are no minimum stays if the rental fits between existing bookings.
Cleaning fee is $150.
Hawaii State taxes add: 13.42%
PayPal fee add 2.9%
Base Rates = lowest seasonal rate
Payments are made through Paypal, which is subject to a 2.9% processing fee. You do not need a Paypal account to make payments.
An initial deposit is required to secure the reservation.
Full payment of rent is due 90 days before check-in. Full details of cancellation policy is provided with every inquiry.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Across the street is the famous Kalama Beach Park, with an activity for everyone in the family. Tennis and volley ball courts (both lighted at night), roller hockey, horseshoes, 3 basketball courts, and a huge skate park with a half pipe. Right next to the skate park is a large kid's playground. You can take your early morning stroll through the park and watch as the sunrise hits Molokini Crater across the water. Sports events, outdoor concerts and festivals are part of the park's attraction.
Three minutes down the road is Maui’s favorite night spot, Kihei Kalama Village. Locally nicknamed “The Triangle”, this location boasts multiple nightspots and restaurants, including the Dog and Duck Irish pub, and award winning Three’s Bar and Grill. There a number of family friendly venues that are easy on the budget, such as South Shore Tiki Lounge, voted year after year as the “Best Local Pizza and Place to Dance. “
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Aloha from Keith and Patty! We came to Maui to search for an island retreat; somewhere where we would love to vacation in comfort and affordability. We are from Canada, on Vancouver Island, so we understand exactly what a beautiful island is. When we walked into unit 501, we were astonished by the view and the brightness of the condo. After carefully looking at other listings all over Maui, we came to the conclusion that this condo, in this area, had it all! Welcome to our home away from home. Our goal is to present to you, the vacationer, every comfort of home while you are on holidays and as such, we have outfitted our unit with everything required, so that when you come back home, you don’t need “a vacation from your vacation”. Enjoy!
Why the Owner Chose Kihei, HI, USA:
Why do we love Island Surf? Here is a short list of the many attractions: We have stayed for two weeks without needing a rental car. We can walk to all restaurants, pubs and shopping. (one of our favourites: Sensai Sushi - yum!) We can walk across and down the street to swim, snorkel, surf and sunbath. A dip in the pool is so refreshing after a day of eating, shopping and sunning! Even if a day goes by that I don't dip my toe in the ocean, I can see it from just about everywhere in the condo. Sitting on the lanai with a glass of wine in the evening, at sunset, is unparalleled. The sunsets (we saw the green flash!) are amazing, and photos barely do it justice. When we leave, we can't wait to get back.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
One of our favourite things about our unit is the bright, open, airy concept. Whether we are preparing appies in the kitchen, or waking up from a restful sleep, we can still see the ocean. There is something so calming and relaxing to know that the oceans is seconds across the street from us.
- Primary: 2504787117 Daytime PST
- Secondary: 2508128436 Daytime PST
Links to more information:
Picture taken from our Lanai. Sunsets every night with a 180 degree view!
View of double lanai and Kalama park, with ocean behind the park
Kitchen, fully stocked, marble counter tops
View from kitchen to ocean. Shoji doors on right, leading to master bedroom.
King wall bed, storage in side drawers & shelves, beautiful bamboo flooring
View from living rm to master bdrm. Shoji doors close for privacy
Master bathroom full tub and shower
Second bedroom queen bed, TV, AC, fan, dresser, night stands
Pool with seating area
View from Lanai
Island surf Building floor plan - unit 501 on left
On the lanai, sipping a beverage, watching the surfers & whales
Kitchen fully stocked. Closed Sliding Shoji doors to master bdrm in background
6Dining table seats 4
View from Master bdrm to living room, through Shoji doors.
King wall bed w recessed lighting & happy turtle picture. View to ocean on left
Sitting area in master bedroom. Full mirrored closet behind sitting area.
Second bathroom full tub and shower
Comfortable queen mattress, high thread count linens, comfy pillows
Front loader washer-dryer
Two clean new BBQs on large patio next to pool
Arial view of Island Surf at 1993 S. Kihei rd
This listing was first published here in 2012.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 18, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Request to book
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.