About the property
- Condo1000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Sofa Bed, 2 Baths
Check out our photos, check out our reviews, now here’s the highlights:
• One king bed, one queen bed, and one queen pullout
• Unique layout: Very few condos in Hawaii, in this price range, are constructed with so much frontage facing the ocean. Both the master bedroom and the living room directly face the ocean. (depicted in the building layout drawing) When you first walk into our condo, you’ll see what we mean! Large, bright, airy.
• Larger than average two-bedroom unit ~ 1000 sq ft.
• You choose: A gentle breeze using the ceiling fans in every room along with the ocean breeze, or the cooling of our quiet A/C systems for those extra warm days and nights.
• If there is something our kitchen is missing – tell us – we’ll likely buy it. (No one has had to tell us anything yet!)
• The street can be noisy. That’s why we replaced the entire glass at the front of the condo with double paned, tinted windows and slider doors. And just wait till you try those doors – two fingers opens those gliding doors!
• No matter what age you are, you need a good sleep after a day of surfing, snorkeling, shopping. We have wonderfully comfortable beds, and great pillows – not those hard ones that start to look like a stale loaf of bread.
• It’s nice to not worry about driving if you choose to have some wine with dinner. We are a short walking distance from many award winning restaurants and lounges.
• We have a keyless entry - no need to worry about sharing keys (or losing keys!).
Why choose this condo?
• We are very proud of our property. We are dedicated to giving you the best experience. We, the owners, personally stay in this condo at least twice a year for our Maui vacations. And because we like the best, you’ll get the best.
• Have you ever walked into a vacation property and wondered how the photos online made it look so much better? That’s because photos can fabricate the truth, and photos don’t tell the story about the dreaded “tired” condo. Our tenants often tell us how well our photos represent the real beauty, cleanliness and space of our unit.
• Everyone fits on the double wide lanai, so everyone can enjoy the spectacular sunsets each evening. The sunset picture you see in the photos was taken with an average camera by an average photographer (me!) and no photo-shopping.
• Call us – we can give you more information and set your mind at ease about our condo, our rates, any questions you might have.
• Consistently in the top 10 of 63 lodgings in Kihei. http://tinyurl.com/hapohnp
• And our cleaners? They are second to none.
• There will be no surprises – when we send you a quote, everything is there - what you see in our reservation document is what it will cost. There are NO hidden fees.
• Got a few too many people in your party? We have a 1 bedroom on the 4th floor. http://www.vrbo.com/673973
• And finally, and most important, we keep our knives sharp.
I could go on about the marble counter tops and free wi-fi, smart TV where you can stream your Netflix, free long distance, beautiful towels, comfy beach chairs, coolers for the beach, lovely bamboo flooring, bbqs by the pool for grilling, amazing park across the street, surf lessons and rentals across the street, bicycle rentals on the first floor of the condo, but I won’t. :)
So here’s the administrative stuff:
• Our calendar is always up-to-date, so please click on the Rates & Availability tab above, to see our availability.
• PLEASE NOTE: We can accommodate any length of stay, but if your stay is less than 7 days, it must fit quite snugly between, or at the end or beginning of existing bookings.
NOTE: Due to the prevalence of allergies, we ask guests to refrain from using perfumes or colognes. Thank you for observing this!
• If you wish to pay with a credit card, we accept all major credit cards.
Tax License # W-36104735-01
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
About Patty Shepherd
Aloha from Keith and Patty! We came to Maui to search for an island retreat; somewhere where we would love to vacation in comfort and affordability. We are from Canada, on Vancouver Island, so we understand exactly what a beautiful island is. When we walked into unit 501, we were astonished by the view and the brightness of the condo. After carefully looking at other listings all over Maui, we came to the conclusion that this condo, in this area, had it all! Welcome to our home away from home. Our goal is to present to you, the vacationer, every comfort of home while you are on holidays and as such, we have outfitted our unit with everything required, so that when you come back home, you don’t need “a vacation from your vacation”. Enjoy!
Patty Shepherd purchased this Condo in 2012
Why Patty Shepherd chose Kihei
Why do we love Island Surf? Here is a short list of the many attractions: We have stayed for two weeks without needing a rental car. We can walk to all restaurants, pubs and shopping. (one of our favourites: Sensai Sushi - yum!) We can walk across and down the street to swim, snorkel, surf and sunbath. A dip in the pool is so refreshing after a day of eating, shopping and sunning! Even if a day goes by that I don't dip my toe in the ocean, I can see it from just about everywhere in the condo. Sitting on the lanai with a glass of wine in the evening, at sunset, is unparalleled. The sunsets (we saw the green flash!) are amazing, and photos barely do it justice. When we leave, we can't wait to get back.
What makes this Condo unique
One of our favourite things about our unit is the bright, open, airy concept. Whether we are preparing appies in the kitchen, or waking up from a restful sleep, we can still see the ocean. There is something so calming and relaxing to know that the oceans is seconds across the street from us.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
March 31- April 6th 2018
The condo functioned perfectly as described in the listing. Centrally located on the island for easy access in every direction. The condo is well equipped although we did not eat meals other then quick breakfasts and picnic lunch preparations. We did not use the pool or BBQ areas. The bedding was comfortable and the AC was adequate at night(particularly to drown out the street/traffic noise below). Parking was great. Beach access is close by but it is a short drive to some of the better sandy beaches. Most importantly the condo is as advertised, no surprises.
In all my family had a wonderful time. We would consider staying at this location again.
Hi Scott, thank you for your review. We are so pleased you had a wonderful time at our condo!
Very clean,plenty of room and space,close to everything,well equiped,great view and comfortable beds.
Aloha Wendy, everything in a nutshell! I can't wait to get back there and enjoy that 180 degree view of the ocean and sunsets. Hopefully you will be able to come back again!
Holiday of a lifetime! The condo was immaculate and well supplied with all we needed for the stay. This is also the perfect location for anyone looking for the balance between plenty of amenities (restaurants, bars, shopping [but not too commercial]) and access to many leisure activities (scuba diving, paddle boarding, surfing). It is also the perfect place to call 'home' for a few days while you explore this incredible (blessed) place on earth. Drives around both coasts are not only breathtaking but life changing. This condo is in the perfect place for a couple or a small family looking for just this type of vacation. Only drawback - cost of food. First thing you need to do, is go to Costco (if you're a member) when you arrive and LOAD UP (bread, meat, milk and eggs) and plan to visit local Farmers Markets in Kihei for some fresh veggies (I'm still dreaming of the giant avocados). The local grocery stores in Kihei are nice and well supplied - but you WILL pay an arm and a leg if you're not careful. Other than that... we are grateful to have stayed in a very clean, safe and well-maintained place and we are talking about our next trip!
Aloha Kathryn, we are so pleased that you had a wonderful time in Maui at our condo. I know those avocados... so amazing!! Hope to hear from you in the future for your next Maui vacation!
very nice stay
Beautiful views! spacious, clean condo. don't like taking out trash and washing towels at the end of the stay when I have paid a cleaning fee.
Aloha Robin, I am very glad you enjoyed our lovely, spotless condo!
Some guests tend to confuse the small, independent privately owned condos with larger scale operations like hotels. Our amazing condo, and all of its amenities, and super cleanliness, is because we ask each guest to help do their small part to keep it that way. Doing your own dishes and trash is standard procedure in private condos. We only ask that guests start the towels (not the bed linens), and if it isn't possible, for whatever reason, we absolutely do understand! Helping with the towels allows our cleaners to deep clean everything in the condo in preparation for our next guests. Mahalo for understanding!
This place was amazing! Had a good time watching the sun sets and relaxing.
Hey James, this is exactly what we love to do - sit on the lanai, relax and watch the sunsets. (and the surfers and paddle boarders!) Come back to Maui to relax again sometime. :)
Gorgeous view & convenient to all you need.
The moment we walked through we were mesmerized by the view. Spacious enough for 4 people. The condo was clean with all the amenities that you would need. The experiences we had & then to return to the condo to savor the sunsets from the lanai - perfect!!
Aloha Teresa, we so appreciate your kind words! Even though you went through the scary "missile attack" you managed to have a fantastic time. Paradise awaits you next time you decide to come to Maui!
Across the street is the famous Kalama Beach Park, with an activity for everyone in the family. Tennis and volley ball courts (both lighted at night), roller hockey, horseshoes, 3 basketball courts, and a huge skate park with a half pipe. Right next to the skate park is a large kid's playground. You can take your early morning stroll through the park and watch as the sunrise hits Molokini Crater across the water. Sports events, outdoor concerts and festivals are part of the park's attraction. Three minutes down the road is Maui’s favorite night spot, Kihei Kalama Village. Locally nicknamed “The Triangle”, this location boasts multiple nightspots and restaurants, including the Dog and Duck Irish pub, and award winning Three’s Bar and Grill. There a number of family friendly venues that are easy on the budget, such as South Shore Tiki Lounge, voted year after year as the “Best Local Pizza and Place to Dance. “
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
***PLEASE NOTE: our cancellation policy is provided with every quote. IGNORE VRBO'S "OWNER CANCELLATION POLICY" AS WRITTEN BELOW**** There are no minimum stays if the rental fits between existing bookings. Cleaning fee is $150. Hawaii State taxes add: 13.42% PayPal fee add 2.9% Base Rates = lowest seasonal rate