Maui County Rental permit - STPH 2014/0004
Welcome to Seaview! This is a unique family style vacation home, offering space for up to ten family members or friends to vacation together, with considerable privacy. Nestled against a large gulch, the views sweep across the ravine, over the fields, to a panoramic view of the entire coastline from Hookipa down to Kahului. There is also a gorgeous view of the West Maui Mountains.. It is truly a setting that will restore peace and tranquility to your life.
A vacation in Upcountry Maui is an opportunity to escape from the hustle and bustle, and experience a different side of Maui. Set just a few hundred feet above sea level, Seaview sits outside the rain band, on the edge of a hill, at the entrance to the quiet, rural town of Haiku. Just one mile down the road is the town center, with a variety of amenities, eating places and services. For upscale dining, Mama's Fish House and Haliimaile General Store (two of Maui's best restaurants) are within ten to fifteen minutes by car. If you are looking for more options, Paia or Makawao are only ten minutes by car from Seaview.
The closest beach is Hookipa (5 minutes by car) which is considered a windsurfing/surfing/kiting beach. It's fun to sit on the beach and watch the action. Just before dusk, the sea turtles come out of the water to spend the night on the sand (far right corner of the beach). Another five minutes beyond Hookipa brings you to Paia Bay and then Baldwin Beach/Baby Beach. This is a long golden stretch of sand, and never crowded.
After a few hours at Seaview, you might not leave until it's time to catch your flight home. The grounds feature:
Large solar heated pool with lap lane
Sun chaises by the pool
The main wing of the Seaview home offers:
- deck with chairs to enjoy the view
- large Great Room with living, dining for ten (rare to find a table that seats ten) and kitchen
- upper level with pool table
- two offices (his and hers) with high speed internet
- full wall of windows looking out to the North coastline
- three bedrooms (king, king, 2 twins), 2.5 bathrooms. These rooms are on the lower level.
Set to the back is the playroom or TV room that can be opened to the back courtyard (both sets of double doors open). This is a wonderful space if your group includes children, as it gives them some separation from the main living space. An extra fridge in this room is perfect for stockpiling cold sodas etc.
The Cabana Suite is the obvious favorite and a master bedroom like no other! It is a romantic room with arched ceiling beams and king bed facing across the pool to a gorgeous view of the North Shore. To the left side is a small patio, bordered by a section of grass, and then vegetation that drops into the gulch. The sound of water from the small stream behind the cabana will lull you to sleep.
- sits to the far side of the pool with privacy from the Main Villa
- cabana bedroom with king bed, A/C, and ensuite bathroom
- large bathroom with soaking tub and separate shower.
- Soak in the tub while looking out to natural vegetation
- large walk-in closet
- remote control window blinds
- four poster king bed
The Nanny Suite is a two story suite which includes a sitting room, bathroom and bedroom (queen bed). This room sits above the playroom, and is perfect if a member of your group wants a bit more privacy.
- sleeping area sits above the living room with queen bed
- full bathroom with shower/tub combo
- separate sitting room
- sitting room opens to a small deck
Other amenities – laundry, TV/DVD, high speed internet, pool table, large playroom for children, very large swimming pool with solar heat, hot-tub, fully equipped kitchen.
Aloha! We are delighted that you are considering this property for your vacation lodging. We are sure that you would enjoy this lovely vacation home.
This property has a vacation rental permit issued by the County of Maui, and is subject to the rules and restrictions imposed by the County for all short term rental homes. Please understand that we would be unable to accept a rental that does not agree to abide by these rules. Note: properties without a short term rental permit are subject to closure by the County.
1. Neighbors - Please be considerate of our neighbors. Noise carries easily to their homes, particularly in the evening. NO loud music, NO parties, NO amplified sound of any nature at any time. Many neighbors must be up early in the morning to go to work, and it's important that your use of this property does not impact them in any way.
2. Quiet Hours - Quiet time is from 9pm to 8am.
3. Use of the Property - Additional friends/family CANNOT be invited to the property and it cannot be used as a “meeting place”. The property can be used ONLY by the guests listed on the rental agreement. The County law allows us to accommodate a maximum of two guests x the number of bedrooms.
4. Parking - There is plenty of parking on the property. Vehicles CANNOT be parked on the street at any time. When vehicles are on the street, there is insufficient space for emergency vehicles, fire trucks, the trash truck or neighbors to get down the road.
Additional information with respect to care and maintenance of the house will be included in the rental agreement.