Lakefront Property, 15 Miles North of St. Ignace and 15 Miles East of Hessel!
The manager has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Looking for a place to stay while your touring the Eastern Upper Peninsula, visiting relatives or wanting a relaxing retreat, than this is the place for you, your family and/or your group (Perfect for a girl's weekend, guy's weekend or even a family reunion)!!
This lakefront property is right in the middle of St. Ignace, Hessel and Rudyard. It's the perfect spot for Bird Watchers to stay! It's also very close to ATV Trails and the Pine River boat launch.
Member since: 2013
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Play Pen available upon request.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- If there is anything else that you need or have questions about, please ask! *Also, if you want to bring an air mattress, camper or tent to accomodate additional people, that is fine with us! And, as mentioned above - you can bring your boat (or whatever watercraft you'd lke), there is a boat launch within 5 miles, but the lake is shallow right in front of the cottage - so you will want to anchor your boat out in the bay a little ways (you'll notice other boats out there as well), and you'll want to walk in from there. Other than right in front of the cottage - water depths are great and you can go fishing, or water skiing, whatever you want. :) *Kayaks, Canoes and rowboats can be pulled on shore....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Local Services & Businesses
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50
- Refundable Damage Deposit $200
Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Manager's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The 'VanKamp' is located on St. Martin's Bay (Lake Huron), only about 2 miles from I-75 (Exit #359) about 15 miles from downtown St. Ignace, 15 miles from downtown Hessel, 15 miles from downtown Rudyard, about 17 miles from Cedarville, about 45 miles from Downtown Sault Ste. Marie and about 60 Miles from Tahquamenon Falls.
It is a great spot for a relaxing vacation, where you will also be within an hour of some of the EUP's finest attractions!
Year Purchased: 1982
About: We built this cabin in 1982 and have been enjoying it ever since! It has been the perfect family spot. However, because we do not get a chance to use it as much as we would like to, we look at this as an opportunity to share our home away from home with others.
Why Hessel, MI, USA:
We love St. Martin's Bay! We love that this 'secluded' location is still only 2 miles from the expressway (I-75) and within 20 minutes of St. Ignace and Cedarville! We love that you can bring your ATV's out here and not have any issues (and be right next to some of the best trails in the EUP). We love that the cottage is off the beaten path and that it's not 'Too nice' to stay in, but rather, 'very comfortable'. Mostly, we love that one can be as active or inactive as they want! This is the perfect spot for your 'all girls weekend', your 'guys trip' or your family vacation!
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
There are so many things to see and do in this area! But, knowing that you can leave from the cottage on an ATV, a bicycle or in a car and be able to hit a trail or a main highway is a very unique thing! So, why not take advantage of the opportunity to stay at the 'VanKamp' and make your own opinions! Being so close to the area attractions is an added bonus!
- Primary: 616-293-6727
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Large dining room table that seats 8!
Living Room / Fire place.
Room #2, another view and you can see the door to Room #3
Room #3 - Queen Bed (sleeps 2). Beautiful waterfront views!
Front View. 90 feet of private beach area for your enjoyment!
Room #2 - 2 sets of bunk beds (sleeps 4)
Half Bathroom on Main Floor
Master Bedroom - King Size bed and beautiful views of the waterfront!
Upstairs Bathroom. Toilet and Tub/Shower are to your left.
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 27, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM