About the property
- Cottage800 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay30 nights
A Recently Refurbished 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath Vintage Cottage With Tons Of Charm!
Freshly redecorated - Crisp & Clean 2 bedroom, 1 bath Cottage
1. Front Deck - Enjoy the front Deck with a peek of the Ocean. For entertaining there is a Gas Grill, Comfortable Deck Chairs, Patio Table with 2 Chairs and a wrap-around bench. Beautiful Bird of Paradise frames a partial view of the Ocean.
2. Living Area - Enjoy the artwork in the Living Area done by our
best friends from Colorado. Living area is furnished with a
comfortable leather couch and chair & 2 linen comfy chairs to curl up and read a book or watch a movie on the 51" Direct TV or Blu Ray DVD Player.
3. 2 Bedrooms - Corner cottage windows in both bedrooms add great light and sunshine. Front Bedroom overlooking the Deck has same peek of the ocean and also has a large flat screen TV. Both bedrooms have mirrored closet doors and the closets have been wonderfully compartmentalized for organization. Both Bedrooms have queen-sized mattresses, linens provided & desks for sitting down and writing about your relaxing vacation. Both bedrooms & living area have ceiling fans.
4. Bath - The newly remodeled small bath has a large tiled shower, lovely vanity and medicine cabinet. There is a linen closet in hallway which also houses the Blu Ray DVD Player.
5. Kitchen & Breakfast Area - The cook is not stranded in this fully furnished kitchen with side-by-side refrigerator, gas range, dishwasher, microwave, blender, crockpot, toaster, etc. Expandable dining table great for eating or putting puzzles together.
Laundry - Washer & dryer is in laundry closet in kitchen. Side door in kitchen has window to side yard and leads to very small back yard area with privacy fence that creates complete privacy from the home behind the cottage.
7. 1-Car Garage - has auto garage door opener and holds small car only. Driveway is spacious enough to hold 2 cars.
8. Area - The cottage sits on a knoll and the driveway to the left of the cottage goes to the home behind the cottage.
9. All the floors have recently been redone with beautiful hardwood and tile in the kitchen & bath.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 3, 2018
About Tina Tapply
About Us - There are 3 of us that chose Cayucos as our vacation spot for the month of January in 2011. We are friends that go back 52 years when we met in Carson City, NV at the Ag Aviation Academy and have remained close friends since. We have been traveling buddies to many wonderful destinations - Portugal, St. Lucia, Mexico, Hawaii, Costa Rica, France, Italy, Amsterdam, Belgium and England. Joanne lives in a loft in downtown Fort Collins, CO and is an active Realtor for 42 years. It's dangerous traveling with Joanne because we end up wanting to buy property every where we go. Buz and Tina are retired and moved into a patio home in Fort Collins, CO. Buz has been a crop duster for 40+ years, and Tina has retired as an Administrator for a large assisted living facility.
Tina Tapply purchased this Cottage in 2011
Why Tina Tapply chose Cayucos
We absolutely fell in love with Cayucos. It fits us perfectly! Buz has a 1934 Chevrolet 'Bonnie & Clyde' hot rod that he has completely restored and has entered into wonderful car shows throughout the area. We love the sleepy little retro town and the beauty of all of the Central California Coast along Highway 1.
What makes this Cottage unique
The little retro/vintage town of Cayucos (Population 2500) is half way between Santa Barbara and Monterey, CA. (110 miles N of Santa Barbara & 100 miles S of Monterey) It's 20 miles from San Luis Obispo where it is easy to fly into. It has just built a new terminal and there now are direct flights from Denver and expected to expand to other cities. Cayucos is just N of Morro Bay and just S of Cambria. There are a lot of hiking trails with every one offering a different ocean experience.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Well maintained, attractive, great location
What a great get away. The place is ideally situated, tastefully appointed and has all the necessary amenities. The owners are incredibly responsive if there are any issues. We would be honored to stay again.
Cozy, clean and convenient
We had a great time in January! Great weather, nice accomodations and access to all kinds of activities....beachwalks, antique shops, restaurants, wineries, etc. We explored the coast from Santa Barbara to San Simeon and inland to Paso Robles. We plan to return!
Anita and Joe
Cayucos is such a well kept secret. There are lots of places
to explore or you can just hang out and relax in this quiet little town.
We're so glad you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for the kind
words. Hope to see you again. Tina
Cozy & Clean & Has It All!
We had a wonderful stay in our "home away from home" in Cayucos. We went to local farmer's markets to pick up produce to create many gourmet meals in the kitchen that has everything. We watched movies on the large screen tv by connecting up our iPad to it. We walked out to the pier to watch whales and dolphins jumping out of the sea. We collected sand dollars while walking along the shore. We read books in the comfy chairs and couch. We hiked Montana de Oro, strolled Moonstone Beach, listened to melodic local bands in many venues on the Central Coast. Tasted delicious wines at Opolo Winery, and Firestone beer at the Brewery, and tasty Italian meals at Cafe Della Via. The location of the cottage was perfect. The decorations and furnishings quite tasteful. Tina & Megan were immediately responsive and helpful if we needed anything. Our stay was so delightful. We look forward to returning again. We have so much joy and appreciation for our vacation time spent here!
Super cute, cozy, and convenient!
We loved this super cute little cottage. Great amenities and perfect location. Very cute, cozy, and convenient!
Perfect Beach Cottage!
We loved everything about our stay! The location was exceptional! It's a short walk to the beach and restaurants. The house is extremely clean and well maintained. We loved relaxing on the deck! I would stay here again and would highly recommend it. The owners are very kind and respond quickly. A perfect beach house!
Cute and comfy Cayucos cottage
This place was great! We did t drive our car in Cayucos one time! Great kitchen with all the amenities! Already planning my next stay! Quiet clean street and clos to all Cayucos has to offer. Better than I imagined!
So glad you enjoyed our home and Cayucos! We always
enjoy just being able to walk to most anything we want, or
need. Such a great little community.
Tours of Hearst Castle just 15 miles away. Seals giving birth just 20 miles away. Wine Tours Bird Watching San Simeon Hike
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Call or email for all questions so that we can design the perfect stay that works just for you!