|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Freshly redecorated - Crisp & Clean 2 bedroom, 1 bath Cottage
1. Front Deck - Enjoy the front Deck with a peek of the Ocean. For entertaining there is a Gas Grill, Comfortable Deck Chairs, Patio Table with 2 Chairs and a wrap-around bench. Beautiful Bird of Paradise and your own Palm Tree frames a partial view of the Ocean.
2. Living Area - Enjoy the artwork in the Living Area done by our best friends from Colorado. Living area is furnished with a comfortable leather couch and chair & 2 linen comfy chairs to curl up and read a book or watch a movie on the 51' Direct TV or Blu Ray DVD Player.
3. 2 Bedrooms - Corner cottage windows in both bedrooms add great light and sunshine. Front Bedroom overlooking the Deck has same peek of the ocean and also has a large flat screen TV. Both bedrooms have mirrored closet doors and the closets have been wonderfully compartmentalized for organization. Both Bedrooms have queen-sized mattresses, linens provided & desks for sitting down and writing about your relaxing vacation.
4. Bath - The small bath has a shower in the tub and a linen closet in hallway which also houses the Blu Ray DVD Player.
5. Kitchen & Breakfast Area - The cook is not stranded in this fully furnished kitchen with side-by-side refrigerator, gas range, dishwasher, microwave, blender, crockpot, toaster, etc. Expandable dining table great for eating or putting puzzles together.
Laundry - Washer & dryer is in laundry closet in kitchen. Side door in kitchen has window to side yard and leads to very small back yard area with privacy fence that creates complete privacy from the home behind the cottage.
7. 1-Car Garage - has auto garage door opener and holds small car only. Driveway is spacious enough to hold 2 cars.
8. Area - The cottage sits on a knoll and the driveway to the left of the cottage goes to the home behind the cottage.
9. All the floors have recently been redone with beautiful hardwood and tile in the kitchen.
About Us - There are 3 of us that chose Cayucos as our vacation spot for the month of January in 2011. We are friends that go back 50 years when we met in Carson City, NV at the Ag Aviation Academy and have remained close friends since. We have been traveling buddies to many wonderful destinations - Portugal, St. Lucia, Mexico, Hawaii, Costa Rica, France and latest trip to Italy. Joanne lives in a loft in downtown Fort Collins, CO and is an active Realtor for 40 years. It's dangerous traveling with Joanne because we end up wanting to buy property every where we go. Buz and Tina have just retired and moved into a patio home in Fort Collins, CO. Buz has been a crop duster for 40+ years, and Tina has retired as an Administrator for a large assisted living facility.
Tina Tapply purchased this cottage in 2011
We absolutely fell in love with Cayucos. It fits us perfectly! Buz has a 1934 Chevrolet 'Bonnie & Clyde' hot rod that he has completely restored and has entered into wonderful car shows throughout the area. We love the sleepy little retro town and the beauty of all of the Central California Coast along Highway 1.
The little retro/vintage town of Cayucos (Population 2500) is half way between Santa Barbara and Monterey, CA. (110 miles N of Santa Barbara & 100 miles S of Monterrey) It's 20 miles from San Luis Obispo where it is easy to fly into. It's just N of Morro Bay and just S of Cambria. There are a lot of hiking trails with every one offering a different ocean experience.
This was a very comfortable and relaxing cottage/house in a quiet neighborhood. We had now complaints, the house was well equipped, lots of tv channels, great wifi, and very spacious for the square footage. There was a welcoming gift, a very nice touch. The garage entry is conveniently through the kitchen, but the best was the front deck for a late afternoon snooze in the afternoon sun. We highly recommend this really fun house and community.
This cottage is perfect for two people and a small dog! The house is very well kept and you feel like it's really your home away from home. It was just as described on VRBO. Clean, well located (easy walk down to the pier and the shops/restaurants); and the kitchen was VERY well stocked.
This is the BEST pet friendly rental we have stayed at through VRBO.
We have been coming to Cayucos for years. Constantly looking for just the right place to stay and this is it. We loved the location and the house was just right. Cozy and dog friendly. It is not only in a great location in town but also have quick access to wonder of to Morro Bay, Paso Robles and other great spots. I highly recommend this great little house.
We loved our stay in this cute cottage in a very nice Cayucos neighborhood. A short walk to Ocean Avenue shops and restaurants and, better yet a short walk to the beach, made this the perfect spot for us and our dog. We chose Cayucos because we love the Central Coast and Cayucos is a friendly, low-key, not overly developed, dog friendly town that suits us well. It was a great base for exploration of Morro Bay, Cambria, Harmony, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, and beyond. The cottage is outfitted with everything we needed and the front deck, made private with some mature, beach appropriate plantings was a plus.
We arrived in Cayucos, a sleepy beach town where we had never been. The cute beach bungalow was clean, inviting, and a had a beautiful private deck with a glimpse of the ocean. It was tastefully decorated with comfortable furnishings. At night, we could hear the waves crashing, and an occasional seal. It was a quiet and relaxing experience. The house was comfortable and had all the amenities of home. It was a great vacation in the perfect beach house! Our dogs loved it too!
My wife and I and our cat (thank you to the owners) spent 7 weeks in the very comfortable Cottage in Cayucos, a town we had never visited before. The kitchen was well stocked with all the necessities and pantry items too. The bed was very comfortable, as was the living room, complete with a 50" TV. The deck, with ample seating, and a barbecue, caught the morning sun and was shaded in the afternoon by an enormous Bird-of-Paradise with black flowers!
Everything is within easy walking distance, beach, restaurants, shops, library, swimming pool, tennis courts, and a nice do-it-your-self car wash. Expect friendly townsfolk, vintage cars, street fairs, and the best fish tacos from The Smokehouse.
Return from your day's activities and prop your feet up on the deck with a libation and listen to the surf roll in as the sun sets.
Our thanks to the owners!
Andrew and Barbara
Tours of Hearst Castle just 15 miles away.
Seals giving birth just 20 miles away.
San Simeon Hike
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 2 2016 - May 31 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
Call for Holiday Rates.
Refundable Security Deposit - $$750.
Non-refundable Cleaning Fee - $200
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.