About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay5 - 7 nights
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6
Congratulations! You may have found the most relaxing and fun vacation spot on the Myrtle Beach Grand Strand! We grew up vacationing all along the Strand for years before finding this oceanfront condo on secluded Shore Drive for our vacation home. 'A Place at the Beach IV' is located directly on the beach ...you won't need to cross the street. It is a quiet 3 story building with well manicured grounds that has a village-like feel. This recently renovated condo is on the top floor offering more privacy and a fabulous view of the ocean and the Apache Pier. The beach here is wide and very clean as is this condo. You’ll find it well appointed with amenities to keep everyone at home and happy:
• Rates include all taxes, bed linens & towels, internet/wi-fi and exit cleaning service. No charge for these extras at 'The Black Pearl'! (Only additional charge is VRBO's Service Fee)
• Sleeps 6 comfortably… Master bdrm has a queen bed, 2nd bdrm has a full & a twin bed. Living area has a queen size sofa bed
• 2 full bathrooms
• Fully equipped kitchen - solid surface countertops. Table for 4 plus breakfast bar.
• TVs with cable in all rooms, DVD, high speed internet/Wifi
• Morning sun, afternoon shade on balcony (a big plus!)
• Coin-op washer/dryer room on each floor
• Fabulous outdoor swimming pool area with nice pool lounge chairs & kiddie pool, outdoor barbecue grills with picnic tables
• Safe guarded gate access – on site security patrol
NEARBY RECREATIONAL FUN!
• Over 100 golf courses in the area
• Take a stroll or fish on the Apache Pier (longest on the East Coast)
• Walk the endless shore - collect seashells - fly kites
• Mini Golf & Beach shops a couple blocks away
NEARBY SHOPPING, DINING and ENTERTAINMENT!
• Kroger grocery is just down the street, Mike's produce & shrimp stand a short walk
• Few minute drive to Wal-Mart, Tanger Outlets, Myrtle Beach Mall & movie theatre
• Nightly entertainment for all ages on the Apache Pier is just footsteps up the beach
• Only blocks away from the famous “Restaurant Row” ...or just grill out by the pool!
• Easy drive to Broadway at the Beach & Barefoot Landing shopping/entertainment
The condo address is 9670 Shore Dr. Myrtle Beach SC. unit 325. Upstairs to 3rd floor of the Sandpiper bldg and you’ll find “The Black Pearl” vacation condo.
Must be 25 years old to rent - No Smoking – No Pets – No Motorcycles (A Place at the Beach IV Rules)
Keywords: Kingston, Arcadian, Dunes, Sands, Atlantic
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 13, 2018
About Kathi McKnight
The 'Black Pearl' vacation condo is owned by the Auble and McKnight families. We grew up in South Carolina and Ohio and always summered on the Grand Strand. Our parents originally discovered that 'A Place at the Beach IV' is the best vacation spot on the Strand and bought this condo for use by family and guests.
Kathi McKnight purchased this Condo in 2014
Why Kathi McKnight chose Myrtle Beach
A Place at the Beach IV is ideally situated on a secluded dead end street yet provides easy access to all the best the Myrtle Beach area has to offer. This condo faces the morning sun on the more quiet and relaxing side of the resort. The beach here is beautiful and it has Life Guards for safety during the summer season. There are lots of fun areas to discover nearby. A couple favorites are the quaint fresh shrimp and fruit stand a couple blocks away and a waterway inlet up the beach where kids catch crabs and other sea creatures.
What makes this Condo unique
• Great unobstructed view of ocean and pier • Morning sun, afternoon shade on balcony • Top Floor provides best view & most privacy • The condo is constantly updated to make sure guests of all ages have all the amenities enjoyed at their own home ...plus a beach! After all, we vacation here too! We think you will love 'The Black Pearl'!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Condo was very well kept. Accommodations were excellent.
Only negative was no elevator.
The views were excellent and the condo was very nice and clean. Thank you.
Fantastic location! Near everything, but not over crowded.
The condo was fantastic. It had everything we needed, plus a few extras. We spent hours on the balcony, just admiring the view. Walking distance to a few bar and grills, and a short drive to nicer restaurants. The pier was great and the kids loved the arcade. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool at night and walking the beach at all hours. We did not want to leave. I highly recommend this condo. We fit 6 people comfortably, with plenty of extra pillows and blankets. We can't wait to go back!
Thanks Krista! We look forward to having you back next year!!!!
Great time, great location
We had a wonderful week long stay at the Black Pearl. So close to the water and the rooms had everything we needed. The AC works beautifully which was a godsend in this weather. Big shout out to Kathi McKnight for being so helpful. We will definitely be back.
So much better than the pictures!!
I fell in love with the Black Pearl while searching for a family beach getaway. The pictures do not do it justice. It is the perfect place for escaping to the beach. There is a great view of the beach from the deck as promised. You have beach access by simply walking down a hall and a few steps. The condo has all the amenities for a family with children down to dishes specifically for kids. The owner even provides beach chairs for guests use! The outdoor pool is perfect for a quick dip or when the kids don't wanna beach, which for us was only once. The Apache pier is a short walk down the beach with a nice gift store, arcade for kids, and great view off the pier. We visited two local eatery's called "Brisket" and Mike's Mini's Bar and Grill great food and both different types!! Must try! Kathi, the owner, of The Black Pearl was great to work with. We hope to return next year!
The Black Pearl
Condo was very nice and well equipped. Great Ocean View from the balcony. Great Pool area and very family oriented. Really nice place to stay.
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to your return trip!!!! Kathi
Come see why Marriott and Hilton have built resorts in this area. It is truly a great area to enjoy your Myrtle Beach vacation!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
June/July rentals are 7 nights beginning on a Saturday checking out the following Saturday. 12% State and Local sales taxes are already included in the rates. Wi-Fi, Sheets, Bath towels and Exit Cleaning Service are also provided - No extra charges for these at "The Black Pearl"! Easy two-step payment plan: 1. Refundable $150 damage deposit and VRBO Service fee are required to reserve condo. 2. Rental fee due 30 days prior to stay.