We've just (Summer 2018) completed a full remodel and upgrade to an already popular rental! Details below:
Here is a gem, set in the charming and historical Hilo beach neighborhood of Keaukaha, that feels like the old Hawaii. Studio bedroom with full bath and private lanai. Property is across the street from the ocean. Beautiful and Cozy room with comfy queen bed, HD Smart TV, full HD cable with Netflix (etc.) and high speed WiFi. Kitchenette includes small refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Clean, relaxing, and luxurious.
Originally built as an artist studio, the 'Ohana has just been completely remodeled and transformed into a perfect get-away. It's separate from the main house, very private and has it's own separate entrance. There are lots of large windows, all facing the rain forest.
We added more space (higher ceilings and a little more square footage), a new private covered lanai off the back, new flooring, windows, custom kitchenette, recessed lighting, ceiling fan, etc. It maintains that old Hawaii feel but everything is nice and new.
The kitchenette has custom cabinets & a granite counter. You can eat indoors at the bistro table or out on the covered lanai and enjoy the sounds and colors of the forest.
• Walking distance to ocean and Hilo's best beach parks for snorkeling, swimming, tide pools, sea turtles, kayaking and whale watching (in winter)
• Beautiful rainforest/garden setting and views.
• Remodeled July 2018, approximately 330 square feet plus lanai
• Full bath (shower, sink, toilet)
• Ceiling fan
• Tastefully decorated
• Large comfy new queen bed, 100% cotton sheets
• Just 10 minutes to downtown Hilo
• Beach gear available for use: towels, chairs, mats, boogie board
• Sunny part of Hilo
• Two private deck/lanais attached to Ohana
Just a short walk to the ocean. There are beach parks within 5 minutes of this property including Carlsmith Beach Park, Leleiwi Beach Park and the popular Richardson's Beach Park with black sand.
Hilo Town is home to one of the best Farmer's Markets in Hawai'i and some of the best restaurants around. Yummy dining options, shopping, gateway to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, orchid orchards, waterfalls, rainforest, golf, zip lining, hiking, and more. We are happy to share our knowledge about where to go and what to do while on the Big Island.