(As you can see by the reviews, it was already a great little studio, but we are making it even better. It's blocked for a few months while we remodel. It will be back with a little more space, a higher ceiling, new flooring, new large windows, new kitchenette and a new private lanai. We'll have new photos posted as soon as the work is done!)
Here is a little gem, set in the charming and historical Hilo beach neighborhood of Keaukaha, that feels like the old Hawaii. Studio bedroom with full bath and private lanai. Property is across the street from the ocean. Cozy room with comfy queen bed, HDTV, full HD cable with on demand and free high speed WiFi. Kitchenette includes small refrigerator, microwave, toaster and coffee maker. Clean, relaxing, and affordable.
Originally built as an artist studio, the 'Ohana is separate from the main house. It's very private and has it's own separate entrance. There are lots of windows, all facing the rain forest.
• Walking distance to ocean and Hilo's best beach parks for snorkeling, swimming, tide pools, sea turtles, kayaking and whale watching (in winter)
• Beautiful rainforest/garden setting and views. It feels like you are in a tree house
• Small but comfy, approximately 250 square feet
• Small full bath (shower, sink, toilet)
• Standing/oscillating fan
• Tastefully decorated
• Large comfy new queen bed, 100% cotton sheets
• 40 minutes to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park & just 10 minutes to downtown Hilo
• Beach gear available for use: towels, chairs, mats, boogie board
• Sunny part of Hilo
• Private deck/lanai attached to Ohana
It is a bit rustic, but with a great bed, HDTV and free WiFi, it feels like luxury camping. Coqui frogs will sing you to sleep each night.
Just a short walk to the ocean. There are beach parks within 5 minutes of this property including Carlsmith Beach Park, Leleiwi Beach Park and the popular Richardson's Beach Park with black sand.
Hilo Town is home to one of the best Farmer's Markets in Hawai'i and some of the best restaurants around. Yummy dining options, shopping, gateway to Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, orchid orchards, waterfalls, rainforest, golf, zip lining, hiking, and more. We are happy to share our knowledge about where to go and what to do while on the Big Island.