Emigrant Lodge - 4 Bedroom Home with Central Airconditioning(13 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
House, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths (Sleeps 8)
This home is a NON SMOKING home and this home does NOT accommodate PETS.
Benefits/Strengths of Emigrant Lodge:
1. THE VIEW. We believe that the view is breathtaking. We have seen the property in the early Spring and late Fall. The pictures speak for themselves. The amazing views can be had from the deck, the screen porch, the 3 bedrooms which face Paradise Valley, and the living room.
2. THE LOCATION. The home is approximately 30 minutes from Roosevelt Arch/Yellowstone National Park, approximately 15 minutes from Chico Hot Springs, approximately 30 minutes from Livingston, approximately 60 minutes from Bozeman and approximately 5 minutes from portions of the Yellowstone River. The small town of Emigrant is approximately 10 minutes from the house; Emigrant has a small convenience store, a fly shop, restaurants, a bank, etc.
3. THE WILDLIFE. We have regularly seen groups of deer in the yard and between US Highway 89 and the house. There are rabbits which live around the house and have little fear of people. We are told that elk have been seen on the property but we have not yet seen them. From the deck and porch you can see grazing and production fields which, at times, have cows and deer. In the mornings it was not uncommon to wake up to the sound of songbirds.
4. THE HOME. In 2014 the home was extensively renovated. The walls in the kitchen were removed and new sheetrock walls were installed, new counters were installed, new cabinets were installed, new appliances (stove, fridge, and dishwasher) were installed and a new vinyl tile floor was installed. The plates, cups, silverware, pots, pans, etc. are good quality and were also replaced in 2014. The home has a nicely equipped kitchen including coffeemaker, tea pot, crock pot, electric griddle, toaster and serving dishes.
The walls in 3 of the 4 bedrooms were removed, re-insulated
and new sheetrock was installed and painted.
In 2014 we also replaced all of the carpeting in the house.
The living room has a matching couch, chair and ottoman, side tables, a coffee table and an entertainment center. The entertainment center has a new HD television and a DVD/VHS player.
The dining room table easily seats 6 people; it has 6 matching chairs. There is also a kitchen bar with two stools adjacent to the dining room table. The dining room has a fairly new laminate floor.
The master bedroom has a queen bed, a large bureau with a mirror, a night stand, and a large armoire which contains a new television. The bedroom which is adjacent to the guest bathroom has a queen bed, a nightstand, a cedar blanket chest and a bureau. The third bedroom has a queen bed, a bureau, and a nightstand. This bedroom has a new television. The last bedroom is set up as a kids bedroom. It has 2 twin beds and 2 bureaus. It does not have a television. All of the bedrooms have large closets and are nicely decorated.
The screen porch has 2 rocking chairs, a loveseat, 2 chairs, 2 ottomans and table. The deck has a picnic table and 4 Adirondack chairs and matching tray table.
5. INTERNET/SATELLITE TV. The home has WI-FI with DISH Internet service. DISH Internet service is limited; streaming and downloading is NOT allowed due to the limited nature of the service. Satellite TV is provided by DISH.
6. NEIGHBORS. There is a good amount of space between the house and other homes. The closest homes are behind and uphill from the house. When one stands in the driveway one can see one of those homes and a number which lie between the home and the valley below. We have yet to meet all of the neighbors but the ones we have met appear to be 'the salt of the earth'.
7. QUIET. We are struck by the silence only punctuated by the sound of the wind, the songs of the birds, and the occasional sound of a very distant cow.
8. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2014
- 2184 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 8
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Fly Fishing
- Dining Area
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Sep 30, 2017
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee $125 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $79
- Tax Rate 7%
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2014
Why the Owner Chose Emigrant, MT, USA:
In 2007 we visited Yellowstone National Park and fell in love with the area. Since 2007 we have vacationed in YNP on almost a yearly basis and each year we fantasized about the possibility of one day owning a Montana home that would serve as our retirement home and a gateway into YNP; unfortunately, as years passed this dream seemed to be beyond our reach. In late 2013 one of Lorraine's friends asked her to join her on a trip to the Yellowstone area and while she was visiting she had the opportunity to look at a number of homes that were for sale in the Emigrant area. After a great deal of soul searching and lengthy negotiations we were able to acquire 'Emigrant Lodge.' The home had a great many strengths but also needed a fair amount of renovations. Two trips to Montana and with the assistance of some amazing contractors/friends we have been able to perform a great many of the necessary renovations. While all of the planned renovations have not been completed we are well on our way. We are most fortunate to have been able to acquire this home and are pleased with the results of our renovation efforts; we are confident that you and your family will find this to be a comfortable and enjoyable home away from home.
- Primary: 6034556921
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
dining room and kitchen
view of house from Corleonis Way
winter view from deck
photo of mother and baby elk taken near the Roosevelt Arch entrance to YNP
Jon and Jenna fishing in the Yellowstone River in YNP
Welcome to Emigrant Lodge
bedroom with view of Emigrant Peak
view of sunset from deck
photo of bear taken near the entrance to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone
Mammoth Hot Springs
photo of bison and baby taken in Lamar Valley in YNP
This listing was first published here in 2014.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.