|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the VRBO checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This four bedroom, two bath vacation rental home is located off of U.S. Highway 89 in the scenic Paradise Valley area of southwest Montana. The home has central air conditioning. This home, with its breathtaking views, makes this an ideal Montana vacation retreat. A short scenic drive leads to Yellowstone National Park. Fly fishing enthusiasts, hikers, horseback enthusiasts and anyone who loves the outdoors will enjoy their stay in this area of Big Sky Country.
This home is a NON SMOKING home and this home does NOT accommodate PETS.
Benefits/Strengths of Emigrant Lodge:
1. THE VIEW. We believe that the view is breathtaking. We have seen the property in the early Spring and late Fall. The pictures speak for themselves. The amazing views can be had from the deck, the screen porch, the 3 bedrooms which face Paradise Valley, and the living room.
2. THE LOCATION. The home is approximately 30 minutes from Roosevelt Arch/Yellowstone National Park, approximately 15 minutes from Chico Hot Springs, approximately 30 minutes from Livingston, approximately 60 minutes from Bozeman and approximately 5 minutes from portions of the Yellowstone River. The small town of Emigrant is approximately 10 minutes from the house; Emigrant has a small convenience store, a fly shop, restaurants, a bank, etc.
3. THE WILDLIFE. We have regularly seen groups of deer in the yard and between US Highway 89 and the house. There are rabbits which live around the house and have little fear of people. We are told that elk have been seen on the property but we have not yet seen them. From the deck and porch you can see grazing and production fields which, at times, have cows and deer. In the mornings it was not uncommon to wake up to the sound of songbirds.
4. THE HOME. In 2014 the home was extensively renovated. The walls in the kitchen were removed and new sheetrock walls were installed, new counters were installed, new cabinets were installed, new appliances (stove, fridge, and dishwasher) were installed and a new vinyl tile floor was installed. The plates, cups, silverware, pots, pans, etc. are good quality and were also replaced in 2014. The home has a nicely equipped kitchen including coffeemaker, tea pot, crock pot, electric griddle, toaster and serving dishes.
The walls in 3 of the 4 bedrooms were removed, re-insulated
and new sheetrock was installed and painted.
In 2014 we also replaced all of the carpeting in the house.
The living room has a matching couch, chair and ottoman, side tables, a coffee table and an entertainment center. The entertainment center has a new HD television and a DVD/VHS player.
The dining room table easily seats 6 people; it has 6 matching chairs. There is also a kitchen bar with two stools adjacent to the dining room table. The dining room has a fairly new laminate floor.
The master bedroom has a queen bed, a large bureau with a mirror, a night stand, and a large armoire which contains a new television. The bedroom which is adjacent to the guest bathroom has a queen bed, a nightstand, a cedar blanket chest and a bureau. The third bedroom has a queen bed, a bureau, and a nightstand. This bedroom has a new television. The last bedroom is set up as a kids bedroom. It has 2 twin beds and 2 bureaus. It does not have a television. All of the bedrooms have large closets and are nicely decorated.
The screen porch has 2 rocking chairs, a loveseat, 2 chairs, 2 ottomans and table. The deck has a picnic table and 4 Adirondack chairs and matching tray table.
5. INTERNET/SATELLITE TV. The home has WI-FI with DISH Internet service. DISH Internet service is limited; streaming and downloading is NOT allowed due to the limited nature of the service. Satellite TV is provided by DISH.
6. NEIGHBORS. There is a good amount of space between the house and other homes. The closest homes are behind and uphill from the house. When one stands in the driveway one can see one of those homes and a number which lie between the home and the valley below. We have yet to meet all of the neighbors but the ones we have met appear to be 'the salt of the earth'.
7. QUIET. We are struck by the silence only punctuated by the sound of the wind, the songs of the birds, and the occasional sound of a very distant cow.
8. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us.
In 2007 we visited Yellowstone National Park and fell in love with the area. Since 2007 we have vacationed in YNP on almost a yearly basis and each year we fantasized about the possibility of one day owning a Montana home that would serve as our retirement home and a gateway into YNP; unfortunately, as years passed this dream seemed to be beyond our reach. In late 2013 one of Lorraine's friends asked her to join her on a trip to the Yellowstone area and while she was visiting she had the opportunity to look at a number of homes that were for sale in the Emigrant area. After a great deal of soul searching and lengthy negotiations we were able to acquire 'Emigrant Lodge.' The home had a great many strengths but also needed a fair amount of renovations. Two trips to Montana and with the assistance of some amazing contractors/friends we have been able to perform a great many of the necessary renovations. While all of the planned renovations have not been completed we are well on our way. We are most fortunate to have been able to acquire this home and are pleased with the results of our renovation efforts; we are confident that you and your family will find this to be a comfortable and enjoyable home away from home.
I can't say enough about this house. Great base for Yellowstone explorations. I am very picky about cleanliness and this house surpassed my expectations. Would highly recommend this house! Owners were very responsive. We had 7 in our group and the house was extremely spacious and comfortable. We lived in the awesome screened in room, relaxing at the end of the day enjoying the beautiful mountain view. The welcome gift was an unexpected delight making us feel like we were truly welcomed into the home. You won't want for anything in this house! Thank you again for sharing your beautiful home.
The views from the screened porch were amazing! Plenty of space for 8 people (4 adults, 4 children), with a well-stocked kitchen. Location was secluded and peaceful - about 30 minutes from Yellowstone and 30 minutes from Livingston. We stayed a week but wished we could have stayed longer!
The Emigrant lodge was a great place to stay. Breathtaking views. Very easy river access. The home itself has everything you need and was very clean and comfortable.
This house was a perfect place to stay when we visited Yellowstone. Scenic drives to the parks north entrance every day. We bought groceries in Gardiner for the time we were at the house. Steaks and burgers on the grill. Pizzas in the oven. Screen porch was a bonus on the one night it rained. Overall the house was in excellent condition. It was the first time we came home from vacation with no laundry also! We will definitely look at this house again when we come back!
We thoroughly enjoyed our week at the lodge. Yellowstone River and Emigrant Peak make a stunning backdrop to appreciate from the large deck and screened porch, both with lots of comfortable seating. When not fishing the Yellowstone or exploring the area, this is where we spent time, so beautiful. The interior is spacious, beds excellent, and kitchen very well equipped by standards of two people who love to cook. Our wet fishing gear hung on hooks outside front door or was stowed in the spacious foyer, out of the way. Location is perfect for lots of activities, fishing and otherwise. House was immaculate and owner very responsive.
While not as secluded as we typically like to be, Paradise Valley has been developing over past 20 years and is by no means "remote", so you have to expect neighbors. The lodge is quite private, quiet and well off the highway. We did not see or hear people at other homes in the development, where lots are very large. Would absolutely come back to this house again.
Yellowstone National Park is just a 30 minute drive away
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2017 - Sep 30 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$125 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$3,000|
|Property Damage Protection||$79|