About the property
- House2184 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
This four bedroom, two bath vacation rental home is located off of U.S. Highway 89 in the scenic Paradise Valley area of southwest Montana. The home has central air conditioning. This home, with its breathtaking views, makes this an ideal Montana vacation retreat. A short scenic drive leads to Yellowstone National Park. Fly fishing enthusiasts, hikers, horseback enthusiasts and anyone who loves the outdoors will enjoy their stay in this area of Big Sky Country.
This home is a NON SMOKING home and this home does NOT accommodate PETS.
Benefits/Strengths of Emigrant Lodge:
1. THE VIEW. We believe that the view is breathtaking. We have seen the property in the early Spring and late Fall. The pictures speak for themselves. The amazing views can be had from the deck, the screen porch, the 3 bedrooms which face Paradise Valley, and the living room.
2. THE LOCATION. The home is approximately 30 minutes from Roosevelt Arch/Yellowstone National Park, approximately 15 minutes from Chico Hot Springs, approximately 30 minutes from Livingston, approximately 60 minutes from Bozeman and approximately 5 minutes from portions of the Yellowstone River. The small town of Emigrant is approximately 10 minutes from the house; Emigrant has a small convenience store, a fly shop, restaurants, a bank, etc.
3. THE WILDLIFE. We have regularly seen groups of deer in the yard and between US Highway 89 and the house. There are rabbits which live around the house and have little fear of people. We are told that elk have been seen on the property but we have not yet seen them. From the deck and porch you can see grazing and production fields which, at times, have cows and deer. In the mornings it is not uncommon to wake up to the sound of songbirds.
4. THE HOME. In 2014 the home was extensively renovated. The walls in the kitchen were removed and new sheetrock walls were installed, new counters were installed, new cabinets were installed, new appliances (stove, fridge, and dishwasher) were installed and a new vinyl tile floor was installed. The plates, cups, silverware, pots, pans, etc. are good quality and were also replaced in 2014. The home has a nicely equipped kitchen including coffeemaker, tea pot, crock pot, electric griddle, toaster and serving dishes.
The walls in 3 of the 4 bedrooms were removed, re-insulated
and new sheetrock was installed and painted.
In 2014 we also replaced all of the carpeting in the house.
The living room has a matching couch, chair and ottoman, side tables, a coffee table and an entertainment center. The entertainment center has a HD television and a DVD/VHS player.
The dining room table easily seats 6 people; it has 6 matching chairs. There is also a kitchen bar with two stools adjacent to the dining room table. The dining room has a fairly new laminate floor.
The master bedroom has a queen bed, a large bureau with a mirror, a night stand, and a large armoire which contains a HD television. The bedroom which is adjacent to the guest bathroom has a queen bed, a nightstand, a cedar blanket chest and a bureau. The third bedroom has a queen bed, a bureau, and a nightstand. This bedroom has a HD television. The last bedroom is set up as a kids bedroom. It has 2 twin beds and 2 bureaus. It does not have a television. All of the bedrooms have large closets and are nicely decorated.
The screen porch has 2 rocking chairs, a loveseat, 2 chairs, 2 ottomans and table. The deck has a gas grill, picnic table and 4 Adirondack chairs with matching tray table.
5. INTERNET/SATELLITE TV. The home has WI-FI. Satellite TV is provided by DISH.
6. NEIGHBORS. There is a good amount of space between the house and other homes. The closest homes are behind and uphill from the house. When one stands in the driveway one can see one of those homes and a number which lie between the home and the valley below. We have yet to meet all of the neighbors but the ones we have met appear to be 'the salt of the earth'.
7. QUIET. We are struck by the silence only punctuated by the sound of the wind, the songs of the birds, and the occasional sound of a very distant cow.
8. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
Why Lorraine chose Emigrant
In 2007 we visited Yellowstone National Park and fell in love with the area. Since 2007 we have vacationed in YNP on almost a yearly basis and each year we fantasized about the possibility of one day owning a Montana home that would serve as our retirement home and a gateway into YNP; unfortunately, as years passed this dream seemed to be beyond our reach. In late 2013 one of Lorraine's friends asked her to join her on a trip to the Yellowstone area and while she was visiting she had the opportunity to look at a number of homes that were for sale in the Emigrant area. After a great deal of soul searching and lengthy negotiations we were able to acquire 'Emigrant Lodge.' The home had a great many strengths but also needed a fair amount of renovations. Two trips to Montana and with the assistance of some amazing contractors/friends we have been able to perform a great many of the necessary renovations. While all of the planned renovations have not been completed we are well on our way. We are most fortunate to have been able to acquire this home and are pleased with the results of our renovation efforts; we are confident that you and your family will find this to be a comfortable and enjoyable home away from home.
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Very nice. Clean, lots of room.
We used the property as our base. There is so much to do in the area. We fished the Yellowstone, Gallatin, Mill Creek rivers, had a great horseback ride and, took a rafting trip on the Yellowstone down by Gardiner, and there was the museum of the Rockies in Bozeman on the way back. The only complaint was that we had to drive a little far to see the eclipse in its totality. You might want to talk with your congressman about that one for next time. Really beautiful clean place with all the stuff you need to cook and live in style. Not to mention the World Class BBQ at "Follow Yer Nose BBQ" in Emigrant. Thanks Lorraine, we had a great grand time.
Perfect home base to explore.
The property was clean and well equipped with everything you could need! There was tonnes of information to help plan adventures, and the outdoor area was perfect for BBQs. Our kids loved the note about sharing the games and puzzles. We would highly recommend this property!
Beautiful house and good location
Emigrant Lodge was the perfect place for our family to be during our visit to Yellowstone, the park being a 30 minute easy drive. We were joined by our son and 4 grandchildren ages 4 to 17 . Activities during tbe week included visits to the park, hourseback riding near Gardiner, whitewater rafting, and two visits to Chico Hot Springs pool. We did not do much cooking during our stay, but did make use of the kitchen for breakfasts finding it to be stocked with all utensils and cookware needed as well as spices, condiments and dishwashing needs. The excellent washer and dryer were well appreciated as were detergent and dryer sheets provided. We loved the view and our only regret was not being able to spend more time enjoying it. A future visit would include a morning or two relaxing on the lovely screened porch and deck! Thanks for providing such a beautiful home and allowing us the opportunity to enjoy it.
Nancy and John
Lovely get away. Enjoyed the view and quiet time. Close to many area to recreate, shop and eat!
Great for family get together. Would have enjoyed a fireplace or fire pit. Understandable tho due to dry area and risk of fires. Only drawback is children really had no play area yard to enjoy as well.
Great place for a big family!
Stayed here with our whole family and it was perfect. Not too far from Yellowstone yet far enough away to relax while enjoying amazing views!
Beautiful lodge only a short drive to Yellowstone
We loved this location! The house was so spacious and allowed our big group to spread out a bit after a busy day of sightseeing. The screened in porch was amazing and offered a great view of the area. The property was clean and well maintained and stocked with enough linens for our group. The kitchen had everything we needed and then some. They thought of everything. We would love to stay here again!
Thank you, Sarah. We love our Yellowstone vacations and have tried to make sure that our home provides a comfortable, relaxing 'home away from home' for our guests so that they have a wonderful vacation. Anytime you want to come back we'd be glad to have you as our guests!
Yellowstone National Park is just a 30 minute drive away