This four bedroom, two bath vacation rental home is located off of U.S. Highway 89 in the scenic Paradise Valley area of southwest Montana. The home has central air conditioning. This home, with its breathtaking views, makes this an ideal Montana vacation retreat. A short scenic drive leads to Yellowstone National Park. Fly fishing enthusiasts, hikers, horseback enthusiasts and anyone who loves the outdoors will enjoy their stay in this area of Big Sky Country.
This home is a NON SMOKING home and this home does NOT accommodate PETS.
Benefits/Strengths of Emigrant Lodge:
1. THE VIEW. We believe that the view is breathtaking. We have seen the property in the early Spring and late Fall. The pictures speak for themselves. The amazing views can be had from the deck, the screen porch, the 3 bedrooms which face Paradise Valley, and the living room.
2. THE LOCATION. The home is approximately 30 minutes from Roosevelt Arch/Yellowstone National Park, approximately 15 minutes from Chico Hot Springs, approximately 30 minutes from Livingston, approximately 60 minutes from Bozeman and approximately 5 minutes from portions of the Yellowstone River. The small town of Emigrant is approximately 10 minutes from the house; Emigrant has a small convenience store, a fly shop, restaurants, a bank, etc.
3. THE WILDLIFE. We have regularly seen groups of deer in the yard and between US Highway 89 and the house. There are rabbits which live around the house and have little fear of people. We are told that elk have been seen on the property but we have not yet seen them. From the deck and porch you can see grazing and production fields which, at times, have cows and deer. In the mornings it is not uncommon to wake up to the sound of songbirds.
4. THE HOME. In 2014 the home was extensively renovated. The walls in the kitchen were removed and new sheetrock walls were installed, new counters were installed, new cabinets were installed, new appliances (stove, fridge, and dishwasher) were installed and a new vinyl tile floor was installed. The plates, cups, silverware, pots, pans, etc. are good quality and were also replaced in 2014. The home has a nicely equipped kitchen including coffeemaker, tea pot, crock pot, electric griddle, waffle iron, toaster and serving dishes.
The walls in 3 of the 4 bedrooms were removed, re-insulated
and new sheetrock was installed and painted.
In 2014 we also replaced all of the carpeting in the house.
The living room has a matching sofa and love seat, side tables, a coffee table and an entertainment center. The entertainment center has a HD television and a DVD/VHS player.
The dining room table easily seats 8 people. There is also a kitchen bar with two stools adjacent to the dining room table. The dining room has a fairly new laminate floor.
The master bedroom has a king size bed with new mattress (2018), a large bureau with a mirror, a night stand, and a large armoire which contains a HD television. The bedroom which is adjacent to the guest bathroom has a queen bed, a nightstand, a cedar blanket chest and a bureau. The third bedroom has a queen size bed, a bureau, nightstand and armoire. This bedroom has a HD television. The last bedroom is set up as a kids bedroom. It has 2 twin log beds and 2 bureaus. It does not have a television. All of the bedrooms have large closets and are nicely decorated.
The screen porch has 2 rocking chairs, a loveseat, 2 chairs, 2 ottomans and table. The deck has a gas grill, picnic table and 4 Adirondack chairs with matching tray table.
5. INTERNET/SATELLITE TV. The home has WI-FI. Satellite TV is provided by DISH.
6. NEIGHBORS. There is a good amount of space between the house and other homes. The closest homes are behind and uphill from the house. When one stands in the driveway one can see one of those homes and a number which lie between the home and the valley below. We have yet to meet all of the neighbors but the ones we have met appear to be 'the salt of the earth'.
7. QUIET. We are struck by the silence only punctuated by the sound of the wind, the songs of the birds, and the occasional sound of a very distant cow.
8. ROADS. The main road into the subdivision is paved, however, two of the roads (Arcturus and Corleonis) are gravel. The gravel roads are as wide as the paved road (easily accommodating 2 way traffic) and are well maintained.
9. QUESTIONS. If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact us.