About the property
- Condo2400 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
Heron 603 is the Best of the Best!
DESTIN WEST HERON 603 AT-A-GLANCE:
~ Designer decorated... no expense spared!
~ HUGE @ 3000 total sq ft (2,400 sq ft inside + 600 sq ft outside)
~ Amazing wrap-around balcony with bayfront views and wet bar
~ Also Interior Facing overlooking the Lazy River, Zero Entry Pool, and Waterfall Pool
~ 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Bathrooms
~ Sleeps 12 comfortably
~ King Bed in 1st Master + en-suite bathroom... excellent of the water from bed =)
~ Kind Bed in 2nd Bedroom
~ Two queen beds in the 3rd Bedroom
~ Queen Sleeper sofa
~ Two rollaway twin beds
~ Dining area for 8 inside and 8 more outside
~ Fully stocked kitchen
~ Large balcony with afternoon shade
~ Washer/Dryer & WiFi
~ Keurig Coffee Maker
~ 55" HDTV in Living Room w/Bose Stereo & DVD Player
~ Flat panel HDTV's in all 3 bedrooms
The sun is shining, the outdoor wet bar is stocked and the views are killer. Stretched out on your 600 square-foot wraparound balcony, the Florida rays tickling your skin, you know life doesn't get much better.
Look to the left, and you'll spot a fever of stingrays (yep, fun fact: a group of stingrays is called a fever) gliding through the shallow waters of Choctawhatchee Bay. Dolphins soon join them, breaching the emerald surface in an ecstatic display of grace and effervescent energy. You're so close to water, you could almost reach out and touch them…
Boats – large and small, sailed and not – motor into view, cutting a swath through the green and blue waters. The horizon winks in the distance, as if challenging you to a staring contest. Look to your right, and Destin West's lazy river and enormous pool unfold at your feet, close enough to people watch but far enough to afford privacy.
It's undeniable: there's nothing quite like this upper-floor condo (officially, Heron 603, bayside) in the resort's coveted Heron “three-stack.” There's a reason we've dubbed it the Crown Jewel of Destin West, with its 2,400 spacious square feet of absolute luxury: the resort's largest condo, completely updated with all-new flooring, lighting, granite countertops, and bath and kitchen fixtures.
New electronics and appliances extend to a Bose sound system, flat-screen TVs, DVD player, side-by-side fridge with icemaker, smooth-top range, and near-silent dishwasher. And did we mention the professional decorating? Crown Jewel represents the absolute crème de la crème – the best of the best that Destin West has to offer.
Of course, the water views, wraparound patio and opulent upgrades are just part of the wow-factor at Crown Jewel. They may reel you in, but what takes this upper-level from “pretty incredible” to “book-me-now!” Is its size: 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in 2,400 square feet means large families have plenty of room to gather, spread out and even find privacy.
Crown Jewel is a place where you actually want to wake up early, so you can trek out to your private patio, coffee in hand, and watch as the sun peeks over the horizon and rises above the water. A place where you can sip a glass of wine on that same porch, swapping sunrise for nightfall, and enjoy the fireworks show every night during the season. A place where you can cuddle up in a private Jacuzzi for a romantic evening. A place where you can spend time with family, whipping up gourmet meals, or snuggling up for the latest blockbuster, or wildlife-watching from your private balcony. A place you'll never, ever want to leave.
But hey, we know you're not just here for the massive square footage, wraparound balcony, and three bedrooms: you're here for Destin West Resort. And we don't blame you. The resort's list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region's largest lazy river. Booyah, we said lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort's private footbridge, and you're on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico's Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida's epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
This condo is perfect for:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that's tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, Heron 603 is well suited to:
• Large Families: With 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms in 2,400 square feet (plus another 600 sq ft on the balcony), our Crown Jewel can comfortably accommodate multigenerational or extended family groups. You'll really love the large dining area!
• Families Traveling Together: Crown Jewel is large enough to easily sleep two families (ex. 2 couples and 8 kids).
• Travelers who Value Luxury: If you're willing to pay a fraction more for a serious upgrade, Crown Jewel's incredible bay views, fine furnishings, and all-new everything are worth the extra.
• Holiday Revelers: Book the biggest and best for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's!
Nearby Activities & Attractions
The condo is conveniently located on Destin's Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you'd be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we're also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we'll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider's Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
• Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
• Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the “luckiest little fishing village,” with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
• Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins – the bay is your oyster.
• Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
• Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
• Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin's numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin's four championship courses.
• Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
• Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
• Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way – theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There's even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
• Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
• Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
• Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy's arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize – or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can't.)
About Coastal Vibe Vacations:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I've been exploring Destin West for more than 15 years. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion – a passion I promise I'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
When you book with Coastal Vibe, you're talking with me. Always, every time. I'll help you pick the perfect condo (I manage nearly a dozen) and will offer recommendations based on you, not some preconceived notion. Our booking process is simple and I'm available by phone, text or email. I promise to go above and beyond.
Well, you've made it this far. What are you waiting for? Just click that yellow Email Manager or Book It button (on right) and clue me in to your wishlist. I'm looking forward to it!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
About David Jenn
We are Coastal Vibe Vacations, a small property management company that has 50 properties and we look to serve you. We've owned & managed properties on Okaloosa Island for 14 years now. We love Okaloosa Island with a passion - a passion we promise we'll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams. We look forward to connecting with you and hosting you for your future vacation.
Pool / Spa
Imagine you are on a cruise ship’s balcony
Wow. Sitting on the balcony is just like sitting on a cruise ship. All you see is water and you will not get seasick!
Last year we spent 30 days in this great condo and this year we spent almost 70 days there. Sitting in the large dining room surrounded by glass enhances the meal every time.
With three guest rooms, each with private bath, you can have visitors and still have your space.
The location with a crossover pedestrian bridge to the beach makes it an ideal place to stay in Fort Walton. It is the only one with a pedestrian crossover making it safe for kids of all ages.
Looking out from the huge wraparound balcony there is always something to watch. Boats and barges go by, kite surfers are usually in the bay. Boat rental and paddle board rental is next door. Dolphins swim in the bay, lots of stingrays crawl on the bottom and the water was always clear so you could see them and sometimes schools of fish.
The national seashore is a 5 minute walk along the bay side.
Destin and Fort Walton beach have all the needed stores and restaurants for everyone to be happy.
Property manager David Jenn makes it easy to rent and he is always available on the phone or by message.
Wow, what a great review. You talked about your stay and made it so vivid and detailed that I felt like I was on the cruise ship with you! We are excited you found everything to be worth your while and had such a nice stay. We look forward to having you back year after year.
Family time with grown children
The condo was the perfect size for my family of 20 somethings. The view was great. Could have been cleaner but nice property.
The condo was. beautiful! The deck area has a beautiful view of the gulf and boats coming and going
Great week! Beautiful views of the gulf. I didn't realize that the beach was on the other side. We had to drive to get to the beach. Only minutes away. We visited several beaches. The water was beautiful. We enjoyed our pontoon boat ride! It was awesome! I highly recommend the 5 hour pontoon tour! Will be back!
Hi Vickie. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. =) The views are beautiful at this condo! I agree that the pontoon ride is definitely a fun activity to do while staying at Destin West. Please contact me when you are ready to return. From our family to yours. ~ David
Perfect patio for watching dolphins
Three years in a row at Destin West and it's always great fun. First time in this particular condo and having the "L" shaped patio is definitely the way to go. Plenty of space for our party of 6 and we loved watching the dolphins. The managing company attached to this condo was fantastic and very friendly, which hasn't always been a our experience, so that was a nice change of pace.
The only reason it's getting 4 stars is because the space could have been a bit cleaner. There was dried food on the stove top and a couple of other issues that we noticed but didn't warrant enough displeasure to have much impact on our vacation.
All in all, we would recommend this resort and this condo.
Hey Laurel. I am so glad you have been returning to Destin West for several years. It is such a beautiful property. I do love this wrap around porch as well. Such a lovely view and fun to watch the dolphins. I am sad to hear that there were any issues with cleanliness. Please know that you can always call if you ever see anything other than perfect. I do appreciate your review. Thanks again. ~ David
This place was great. We had so much fun. The condo was great and had everything we needed. It was so big for our whole family. We had so much room. I loved the master bathroom. I also loved
that we all had our own bathroom. The 600 sq foot patio was awesome. We would have coffee and look at the bay. We would stay here again.
Paula. I am thrilled to hear you had such a lovely stay. This balcony is just beautiful and allows for several people to enjoy the views. The bathrooms are definitely a plus at this property as well, as each person has their own space and sink. Feel free to contact me again once you are ready to return. ~ David
Our family's stay in Heron 603 was amazing! This was the first time we had been on vacation with our adult children and their children. We had plenty of space for time spent together as well as being able to be alone. The whole family loved the pools and lazy river. The view was amazing from the wrap around porch.
We plan to come back to Heron 603 every 2 years!
Hi Becky. I am so glad to hear your family had such a great Stay at Heron 603. I agree that this property is perfect for older children with grandchildren. Everyone has their own space and can enjoy the beautiful views. The lazy river and pools are perfect for all. We can't wait for your sweet family to return. From our family to yours. ~ David and Lisa