About the property
- House2003 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 - 7 nights
4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, Sleeps 8, 4 patios w/comfortable, casual coastal interior!
Get "A Glimpse of Heaven" at our beach house vacation rental in Carillon Beach - A Village by the Sea!
Relax and enjoy the gentle sea breeze and the pleasant surroundings in a safe and secure, private 24-hour gated community.
We have beautiful gulf views where you can hear the waves and see the water from our 2nd and 3rd floor balconies. Our property is located on Beachside Drive, as close to beachfront without being on the beach! We are less than 50 steps to the nearest dune walkover and the white, sugary sands --- just 2 houses away!!!
1ST FLOOR LIVING
● Open family/living room with access to the large front porch and outdoor seating
● Well-appointed kitchen with all the conveniences you would expect in your own home
● Dining area seats 6 to 8, plus additional seating at the breakfast bar
● Family room has 48" LED HDTV with Blu-Ray player and video library
● Cable TV (including sports package / ESPN)
● High-speed Internet/Wi-Fi
1ST FLOOR GUEST BEDROOM
● Convenient 1st floor Guest bedroom ensuite with Queen bed
● Full bathroom with stand-up shower
● Closet, ceiling fan, TV and DVR
● Perfect for parents or in-laws (no stairs to climb)
2ND FLOOR MASTER SUITE
● Spacious Master bedroom with King bed
● Large balcony with gulf views and outdoor seating
● Master bath has separate stand-up shower, Jacuzzi tub, and double vanity
● Ceiling fan, closet, TV and DVR
2ND FLOOR GUEST BEDROOM
● 3rd bedroom ensuite with Queen bed and window seat area
● Full-size bath with a tub/shower combination
● Private balcony with patio set, facing rear side of property
● Closet, ceiling fan, TV and DVR
3RD FLOOR TOWER
● Two twin beds (plus twin air mattress) and ceiling fan
● Balcony has near 360 degree panoramic view of Carillon with amazing gulf views
● Four Adirondack chairs to enjoy the evening sunset or watch dolphins in the morning
● Raised deck with arbor, patio table and chairs to relax outdoors in the shade
● Gas grill to enjoy a cookout and dine alfresco with your family and friends
● Outdoor shower with hot and cold water to rinse off after a day at the beach
● Storage closet where you will find spare beach chairs and beach accessories
EASY BEACH ACCESS
● Enjoy easy access - No need to load up the car or golf cart and make a long haul
● Less than 50 steps to beach walkover #4 from our property
● Two complimentary, reserved beach-sets consisting of double chaise lounges with cushions (4 chairs and 2 umbrellas) and daily setup / take down service in season (March 1st to Oct 15)
** Inclement weather may delay setup or require early take down to prevent injury
CARILLON POOLS & SURROUNDINGS
● We are just around the corner from Carillon’s Beach Club pool, on beachfront, offering plenty of chaise lounges to sunbathe or sit under the cabanas to read a book and enjoy the shade
● Less than 5 minute walk to Lakeside pool, with designated adult-only swim hours
● Less than 5 minute walk to Bellview Park pool (heated in winter) w/a children's pool, playground, tennis courts, basketball court, and grassy play area
● Meeting house/chapel is less than a 5 minute walk
● Carillon Village Market with restaurants, fitness, yoga, bicycle/paddleboard/kayak rentals, and spa
● Publix and Winn-Dixie supermarkets plus CVS, less than 1/4 mile from Carillon gatehouse
All this and more, our beach house offers "A Glimpse of Heaven" right here on Earth!
PLEASE NOTE: During the peak summer season, maximum stay is 7 nights with Saturday to Saturday changeover and firm check-in & check-out times. See calendar for exact dates. Sorry, no changes to check-in / check-out times during summer season.
● TOBACCO FREE HOME
● NO PETS ALLOWED
● WE DO NOT RENT TO COLLEGE-AGED STUDENTS (Must be 25 years or older, proof required)
Vicki and Bob Thomas
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
About Vicki and Bob Thomas
We are the Thomas Family...Bob and Vicki Thomas, along with 2 daughters. We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. We have always dreamed of owning a second home near water, a place where we can escape from our busy lives back in Texas, and R-E-L-A-X!!! We fell in love with the Emerald Coast of Florida with its beautiful white, sugary sand beaches and clear, refreshing waters plus the nearby lakes. We could not have asked for more. We are very fortunate and blessed to have found our 2nd home in Carillon. We are very excited about building lasting family memories and to be able to share our beach home with others. We hope that you will be able to build your own lasting memories with your family and friends too. Blessings, Vicki and Bob Thomas
Vicki and Bob Thomas purchased this House in 2015
Why Vicki and Bob Thomas chose Laguna Beach
After staying at different locations and visiting several communities along Scenic Highway 30-A , we discovered Carillon. We love the casual, costal living of what we now call 'A Glimpse of Heaven'. It is the perfect size for us and our extended family and friends, with a convenient downstairs 1st floor bedroom and bath for our parents, numerous porches providing additional space to spread out, where we can hear the waves and experience an awesome view of the beach without actually being beachfront property. The charming feel of the community including the Beach Club Pool that overlooks Carillon's private beach along the Gulf of Mexico. Plus there are 2 additional pools, a gated entrance providing safe, secure and quiet streets where you and the kids can ride bikes, golf carts and play outside (unlike Seaside, Watercolor, Rosemary, or Seacrest). The location of 'A Glimpse of Heaven' is a short distance (less than 50 steps) to the nearest dune walkover. The beach is QUIET, not to mention beautiful! Nearby Carillon Lake and Powell Lake offers freshwater fishing, paddle boards, boating or skiing. It is more than we could have asked for! All the homes in Carillon include features like shaded porches that capture the gulf breezes and high-ceilings that create airy rooms full of light. Each home is custom designed by an approved, licensed architect and constructed by an approved, licensed builder. Even though the overall character of the community has been maintained with strict guidelines and quality control, there are no two homes in Carillon alike. Both homes and amenities in Carillon contribute to weaving a fine community fabric that is functional while being aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It is a place where family, neighbors and friends can enjoy the environment and each other, while feeling safe and having a true sense of community. In a word… it is home.
What makes this House unique
We were drawn to our house because of its comfy, casual coastal interior, perfect floor plan, proximity to a private beach consisting of approximately 104 acres and 3900 feet of white, sugary sand bordering the Gulf of Mexico. Lloyd Vogt, a renowned architect from New Orleans, was engaged to develop our town plan. Lloyds love of historical preservation coupled with his knowledge of traditional urbanism formed the look and feel of what Carillon is today. He knew the plan needed to recognize that a community beside the seashore has different requirements from a typical town layout. It was important that the towns arrangement make the beach accessible both physically and visually. The features and their placement emphasized a sense of community, and were planned to encourage pedestrian, bike, and cart traffic. Besides the gulf, the plan was designed around two important aspects of Carillon; one natural element and one man made. ● Totally within Carillon is Lake Carillon, a 13 acre fresh water lake. The lake is brimming with local flora and fauna including lily pads, bass, and turtles, as well as an important stopping-off point for migrating ducks and other birds. ● The Carillon bell tower is the center of our community, and all of the roads in Carillon lead to bell tower circle. The bell tower contains 35 bells, and it chimes on the hour during the day; reminiscent of village bells that once rang to announce important local events. It was important that all homes within Carillon be unique, but also share a similar nature that would become the Carillon style. Along with the masterplan for the community, Lloyd Vogt also developed the architectural guidelines for home design and construction.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Glimpse of Heaven, true to name
This house was great for our three families including our two year old granddaughter. It was comfortable and well appointed. All that was listed about the house was correct. Kitchen was well equipped. The outdoor shower was great for the little one. And the washer and dryer helped keep our packing to a minimum. With the two year old being potty trained, it was great to be right across the street from the beach. The only thing we would have liked to know before we got there was that the house directly across the street was under major construction and seems it will be for a while. Lots of trucks and workers during the day. Not too loud, but a lot of activity.
Wonderful, private area and very nice beach home.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at A Glimpse of Heaven at Carillon Beach. Home is only steps from the beach, well stocked with games and kitchen supplies, and has many beach items - chairs, rafts, and paddle ball. Love this neighborhood and area.
Carillon is a “special place”, providing a safe and secure community as well as a beautiful private beach. All of our guests think it’s wonderful and so do we! Thanks for staying at our beach house. Vicki
A Glimpse of Heaven is an amazing, well-equipped, perfect location vacation home. This was our first trip to Carillon Beach and we all loved it. You cannot go wrong with this lovely home.
Thank you for your 5-star review! We love Carillon too and it's peaceful community, along with our property's convenient location to the beach - just 2 houses away! I'm happy you enjoyed your first stay in Carillon at our beach house. Please keep us in mind for your future travel plans.
Great relaxing getaway!
A beautiful home! Plenty of space for our family. Steps to beach and pool. We would definitely do it again!
Thank you for the 5-star review! We also love how close our property is to the beach, beach chairs and beachfront pool! So convenient!
Please keep us in mind for your future travel plans!
Easy beach access
Overall it was a great house and had super easy beach access. The second floor bath toilet overflowed a few times and the first floor bedroom mattress was a little too soft. The new house across the street severely limits the beach view; updated photos would be helpful.
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the bathroom. We strive to make immediate changes when necessary. I wish we had known about this earlier, not after the fact from your review, so that we could have made your stay even better.
Perfect location in Carillon! Excellently equipped!
We have stayed in a few houses in Carillon Beach, but this one is our new favorite.
It's right next to the (less than a 1-2 min walk) beachfront pool and from beach walkover #4. The 4 beach chairs and 2 umbrellas that were set up everyday for us were DIRECTLY in front of us at the walkover, which was such a nice treat! Less walking to relax and watch the kids play! It was easy to walk back to the house and make sandwiches for the family and deliver them... no golf carts or wagons needed.
As for the house, I was extra impressed to see they had a well stocked kitchen and hair dryers in the bathrooms - all things I tend to "over pack" with. The TVs had cable, the internet worked well, and there was a game cabinet and DVDs with plenty to choose from!
We loved the automatic door locks - our 2 daughters thought that was the coolest, and we didn't have to worry about keeping up with a house key.
The house was very clean and the furnishing and decor was beautiful!
If I HAD to add anything that we found missing or not perfect for our stay, it was just that there needs to be a metal spatula for the grill... lol. That was seriously it ;). Perfect and gorgeous home in an ideal location... what else could you ask for?
Thanks again Vicki and Bob! We hope to book with you again next year!
The primary attraction of the Panhandle of Florida is the beautiful white sandy beach. Carillon Beach is private, consisting of approximately 104 acres with over 3900 front feet of beautiful beaches. Located in the heart of the property is Lake Carillon, a 13 acre lake, abundant with turtles, bass, migratory birds, blue herons, and an occasional eagle. The property borders Lake Powell, the largest coastal dune lake in the state of Florida, at about 767 acres, and coveting the designation of a ‘Pristine Florida Waterway.’ The immediate area is rich with the history of sailing ships wrecked off the coast in the 1800s, of a wonderful lodge (still standing) built in the early 1900s and surrounded by Florida forests, wetlands, dune systems, pristine lakes, natural hammocks of native oak trees and unique wildlife. Within 5-10 minutes to Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Seacrest, Seagrove, and about 20 minutes away from Seaside and Watercolor. Pier Park Panama City Beach is a 900,000+ square foot Florida shopping center and entertainment hub located in the heart of this beachside city. Serving as the premiere Northwest Florida shopping destination, this mecca offers dining, specialty shops, attractions, events and more.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- Rates are subject to change until your reservation is confirmed. - During Summer months (peak season) a maximum night stay is 7 nights with Saturday to Saturday changeover. - Payment by eCheck or credit cards accepted on VRBO/HomeAway site. - We encourage all renters to obtain travelers protection insurance. - If your stay is longer than 1 week (non-peak season), additional cleaning fees will apply. The amount depends on length of stay. - Two (2) payments is our default payment schedule.