Champagne Kisses & Caviar Dreams ~ Pool, Spa & 100-Mile Views(33 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Chalet, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 2-4)
DISCOVER THE SECRET…Indian Peak Ranch MountainTop Hideaway…exceeding expectations since 1995…
Congratulations...You found gold! As a recent guest said...We felt like how the '49ers must have felt when they discovered gold!
The area's best-kept secret, this gorgeous hideaway with million-dollar 100-mile views, is perched atop a mountain on a unique 122-acre ranch. This spectacular piece of paradise is perfect for a discreet ROMANTIC GETAWAY or HONEYMOON. Booked to only one party at a time--ideally 1 to 2 couples--you have the whole 1,400 sf hideaway to yourselves including the expansive decks, barbecue, private pool & hot tub, fireplace, and full kitchen. For those that are looking for a more active getaway, this property offers lots of acreage for off-trail hiking and exploring, birding and nature photography. You might also stumble upon one of the two historic gold mines on the property!
For additional photos, info, rates, pet policy, cancellation policy and map, please contact us.
Please be aware that this hideaway is very popular due to many repeat guests that have been booking directly with us for over 20 years. But we welcome first-time guests and first-time inquiries.
To be put on the waiting list, please contact us, as availability is constantly changing. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT TENTATIVE RESERVATIONS DO NOT SHOW ON THE CALENDAR. TO CHECK ON AVAILABILITY please contact us BEFORE you click "Request to Book" or "Book Now".
Centrally located between the Arch Rock Entrance and Southern Entrance to Yosemite National Park, and especially suited to those wanting to go to Yosemite National Park during the day, but desire to get away from the crowds in the evening. This facility has the distinction of being the only facility of its’ kind in Mariposa County – Home to Yosemite National Park. It is the only vacation home on agricultural-zoned land, thus surrounded by miles of wide-open space - mountains, rolling hills, creeks, valleys and unbelievable views in every direction.
* LIVING AREA INCLUDES...
• wood paneled walls
• high open beam and pine ceiling
• massive fieldstone fireplace (for use November - April)
• ample supply of firewood provided
• leather sofa and club-chair
• FM stereo receiver & ipod connection
• CD player
• stereo speakers inside and outside
• Satellite TV (flat-screen) and DVD player
* KITCHEN / DINING AREA INCLUDES...
• dishwasher / disposal
• electric stove top & oven
• refrigerator w/ ice-maker
• microwave oven
• toaster, blender, coffee maker & grinder
• pots and pans, dishes and utensils
• fresh linens
* BEDROOMS / BATHS INCLUDE...
• wood paneled walls and pine ceilings
• large master bedroom w/ king bed, full sofa bed, flat-screen TV
• cozy second bedroom w/ queen bed
• one twin roll-away bed
• all beds with fresh linens
• one larger bath w/ combination tub / shower
• one smaller bath w/ small shower (more like a half bath)
• bathroom amenities and bath towels provided
* OUTSIDE AREA INCLUDES...
• 1,900 sf redwood deck wrapping around the house with 100 miles of uninterrupted views
• all day sun and spectacular sunsets
• built-in BBQ (charcoal briquettes provided)
• outside eating area under a wisteria covered arbor
• 4 feet deep pool, perfect for cooling off during hot summer months
• hot tub, under a canopy of stars, for year-round use
• beach towels provided
• chaises and plenty of outdoor furniture.
• Free WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS for your laptop or tablet, but due to our location cannot be used for streaming movies.
• Cell phone reception atop the mountain for Verizon. And guests now say that several AT&T smart phones will work at the hideaway.
• Land-line phone available upon request (for use with your calling card)
• Central air-conditioning and heat
• Use of Washer / Dryer (for stays of 7 nights or more),
• Non Smoking - no smoking in the house or anywhere on the property
• Not Handicap Accessible & not recommended for those with mobility issues, nor for those with a fear of heights (after all - it is a mountaintop! :-)
• Inappropriate for children under the age of 8, although we leave the decision to bring young children up to the individual. Please note that the charge for additional guests applies to children regardless of age.
• Paved half-mile driveway to the top of the mountain
• Check-in time varies based on the season; check-out time is 11am - no exceptions.
• Please be advised that a 4WD vehicle w/mud & snow tires (plus carrying chains) is required in order to visit the ranch from December thru March
• MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY is 4 - no exceptions.
• The person that signs the guest agreement must be the one that pays and stays during the timeframe. We do not allow third party transactions.
• Please inquire about our pet policy as some restrictions apply.
For more information about accommodations, availability, rates, policies, guest comments, Frequently Asked Questions and additional photos please visit IndianPeakRanch.
Copyright © 2006-2017 Indian Peak Ranch - All rights reserved.
Keywords: 'Indian Peak Ranch', 'Yosemite National Park', 'Yosemite Vacation Home', 'Yosemite Hideaway', 'Yosemite Rental', 'Yosemite Rentals', Luxury, Cabin, Pool, Spa, Views, Hiking, Birding, Rotary Club
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- 1400 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 4
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Dining Area
- Seating for 4 people
We recommend opening up at night to benefit from the cooler night breezes w/ low humidity atop the mountain. If you need to run the AC 24/7, there are probably more appropriate places to stay. ...moreless
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Mobile Phone:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar - Oct, for 2 guests
Feb 15 - May 25, 2017
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest
Mar - Oct, for 2 guests
Jun 1 - Jun 15, 2018
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $35 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Damage Deposit-see note $0
- Cleaning Fee $160 + tax
- Some Discounts - ask $0
- Pet(1) Fee $25/nt - ask $0
- 5% Out-of-country fee ** $0
- Tax Rate 11%
Charges are based on time of year, # of guests, # of nights, out-of country transaction charge if applicable, cleaning fee, tax, pet fee if applicable & security deposit .
Please note that we have a 3-night to 4-night maximum as well as a 3-night minimum.
Tentative reservations do not show on the calendar - Please inquire BEFORE you click "Request to Book" or "Book Now". Please note that we take reservations one year in advance.
When you use the HA/VRBO platform for booking, a $300 damage deposit (aka security deposit) needs to be paid separately via PayPal before we will accept the reservation within the 24 hour timeframe imposed by HA/VRBO.
** For overseas transactions, there is a 5% out-of-country transaction charge and this will be added during the booking process.
Please be advised that we allow only one responsible party of record - the person that makes the reservation is the person that pays, signs the Guest Agreement and stays during the timeframe.
Ask about our pet policy - there is a pet fee and an increased security deposit - some restrictions apply.
FOR CANCELLATION POLICY, VISIT our IndianPeakRanch online site, or contact us BEFORE you click "Request to Book" or "Book Now". The cancellation policy noted below is incorrectly noted by HA/VRBO. It should read…100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date, less a $50 cancellation fee.
Rates subject to change without notice.
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Yosemite National Park, ranch is centrally located between 2 Park entrances
Fresno International Airport, about a 1-1/2 hour drive from the ranch
Pioneer Market in Mariposa, about a 25 minute drive from the ranch
Raleys and Vons grocery stores in Oakhurst, about a 35 minute drive from the ranch
Convenience Store and gas station, about a 15 minute drive from the ranch
Year Purchased: 1995
About the owner: Professionally, Duane and Barbara are both in the field of architecture. Barbara is also a birder and had been trapping and banding hawks for the Golden Gate Raptor Observatory in the Marin Headlands for over 13 years before moving to the Yosemite area. She is now a Master Hummingbird Bander and has over 15,000 records in her database. Duane, a transplant from southern Oregon by way of the bay area, grew up on a farm and had a desire to get back to working with the land as well as woodworking, which has become his passion. They now love sharing this special piece of paradise with guests worldwide. Duane and Barbara have been volunteer fire lookouts for the US Forest Service for 18 years. They know the lay of the land and are more than willing to share their knowledge of the local topography. Duane is also an active member and past president of the Mariposa Rotary Club. He would be pleased to have you join him for an early morning breakfast meeting, if you need a make-up session.
Why the Owner Chose Mariposa, CA, USA:
The owners, Duane & Barbara Robinson, bought Indian Peak Ranch in 1995, after vacationing there for more than 7 years. They fell in love with the ranch from day one and had written a little note in the guestbook –-- “if you are ever interested in selling, call us”. As Duane likes to say – “it was really meant as a compliment”. But low and behold, the previous owner did call on Valentines Day in 1994 and asked if they would be interested in purchasing the ranch. After giving it some thought, they decided that they could indeed “give it all up” and move to the country. Thus they took ownership in March of 1995, and as they say, the rest is history. They have been greeting guests from all over the world since 1995. Duane and Barbara have traveled extensively, but feel lucky to call the Sierra Foothills home. They continue to find Yosemite magical no matter what time of year. Recently they were hiking in Yosemite on a remote and less-traveled trail and were lucky to find themselves sharing the forest with a Great Gray Owl, the largest owl found in North America. This rare sighting was a moment to treasure.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The guesthouse at Indian Peak Ranch, known as the Yosemite Hideaway, is the original home on the property. Built in 1979, this jewel has a long and colorful history. Once you have stayed at the ranch, you will never forget it. As a recent Australian guest said – “it is a place that will stay with you forever”. It is truly that special and that magical. It is hard to describe what makes this place so special. Perhaps it is the incredible views or the solitude that words cannot describe. Honeymoon couples invariably arrive atop the mountain and quickly shed tears of joy for having found this place. This mountaintop hideaway is lodging like no other. Whether you think of it as a luxury hideaway or personal resort, it is truly unique. Of special note...Indian Peak Ranch is an official USGS scientific hummingbird research site. The owner is a Master Hummingbird Bander and is working on a population genetics study. Currently she is taking a break from banding, but you will still see lots of hummingbirds at the ranch. They go through over 800 pounds of sugar each year just to keep the hummers happy!
- Primary: (209) 966-5259 (California, USA) call 8AM to 8PM…read rate notes before calling
Links to more information:
...take a dip in the pool w/ the mountains beyond...
…enjoy the large master bedroom with king bed…
…from the bedroom level, looking into the living area with the decks beyond…
...use your culinary skills in the kitchen...
...it's all about the views...
...enjoy the fabulous sunsets...
...floor plan of 1,400 sq. ft. luxury hideaway & 1,900 sq. ft. redwood deck...
...a Costa's Hummingbird - one of the birds banded at the ranch...
...bird in hand after banding...
...just one of our many guests enjoying the view...
...a eagle's eye view...
…cozy second bedroom with queen bed…
…relax in the living area with the massive fireplace…
...alfresco dining under the wisteria-covered arbor...
...relax in the hammock or soak in the spa...
...welcome to Indian Peak Ranch...
...our amazing Hummingbirds...
...feeding hummingbird before release...
...the same famous 2010 Double Rainbow featured on YouTube...taken at the ranch
...some of the wildlife you may see...
take a hike on the property...you might stumble upon one of the gold mines...
...see the falls...
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 23, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.