About the property
- Cabin1600 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay3 nights
3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms, Sleeps 18
Click button for 90-second video!
• Simple waterfront cabin w/ deck + dock (sleeps 6)
• Bunkhouse w/ ping pong (sleeps 12)
• 6 acres overlooks dock + anchored swim raft
• Outdoor kitchen + bar + commercial ice maker + stereo
• Indoor fireplace
• Indoor + outdoor hot showers
• Fully-equipped kitchen
• Onsite washer + dryer
• Book 5+ nights and receive a JuNgLe CruIsE down the famous Silver River (full-day excursion)!
• Ideal for groups (up to 18 or so) who seek a down-to-earth "Old Florida", fresh air experience. (The combined cabin and bunkhouse sleep 18 people. VRBO's system does not got to 18, so you may notice an inconsistent #.)
• Group privacy is afforded under a fenced canopy of Live Oaks draped with Spanish Moss
• Facilities are modest but comfortable
• Space includes a 2-bedroom cabin with fireplace and a 12-bed bunkhouse plus generous outdoor space for activities
• The Camp is ideal for lovers of privacy, peace and quiet, outdoors, nature, birds, fishing, boating and swimming
• Ample, secure space for campers who wish to bring RV's, other toys or to pitch tents, too!
• Access is down a country dirt road and through a nondescript 12' cattle gate
• Safe, secure parking is abundant
• RV's, motor boats, jet skis, kayaks, canoes, etc. are all welcome
• If host is present, an all-wheel-drive SUV may be used for launching watercraft onto lake
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
• Host will be available throughout your stay as a resource via text, phone and e-mail
• Host respects the privacy and dynamics of your party; interaction with guests may be as little or much as you prefer
• Host may not be present but, if he is, host sleeps in separate quarters
• The spirit of Camp Declan is to disconnect from the pressures of
modern life and re-connect with self, friends, family, fresh air and authentic Florida nature. It's perfectly okay to sit and marvel at the wildlife which teems in this private forest, take a run on your jet ski or just steal a nap in the hammocks!
• This is an unpretentious lodging option w/ great potential for fun. It is not a brand-name hotel but a "lake house" so it has plenty of imperfections and ongoing projects. Those expecting a pampered experience or spotless floors may find other options more suitable. Thank you.
• Interlachen is rural and dotted with many lakes, dirt roads, pick-up trucks and mobile homes
• Fuel/convenience store is .8 mile away; sorry, there is no sidewalk
• Baker's fresh produce stand, grocery, drug and hardware stores are about 2 miles away
• This is rural Florida; a vehicle is required
• Get $20 in Uber credit by using my referral code: dr153
• I recommend that your group carpool from home to the Camp... it's more fun that way!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 11, 2017
About Camp Declan
My names is Declan but my friends call me Deck. • Florida native and professional with career of 25 years in economic development and real estate. There is little I enjoy more than the groundedness I feel when at Camp. Consequently, I'm trying to see if VRBO will help me share "Camp joy" with other down-to-earth nature lovers.
Camp Declan purchased this Cabin in 2004
Why Camp Declan chose Putnam County
• The spirit of Camp Declan is to disconnect from the pressures of modern life and re-connect with self, friends, family, fresh air and authentic Florida nature. This vacation rental is ideal for professionals (doctors, lawyers, etc.) that want to relax out of reach by the public.
What makes this Cabin unique
• Persistent breeze off the lake • Watching a thunderstorm from the comfort of the swinging bed(s) • Observing the wildlife teeming in the forest
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Dirty, dirty, dirty
We are all for rustic having 2 Boy Scouts but this camp is filthy. The Main house is moldy and musky. Both refrigerators were full of gross food and took hours to clean out before we could use them. Bedding was dirty. The owners items were everywhere as though he has just stepped out. There was no door on a bathhouse that 12 bunk beds shared. The grass was not mowed for weeks. The zip line was rusted and didn't work, the advertised got tub had a foot of grotesque water with cigarette butts. The dishes were disgusting, coffee cups with roaches. There was a wasp nest at the bunk house and 4 of us were stung. We left and didn't stay, went to resort in Orlando that had last minute openings instead and salvaged our family vacation. The owner apologized and refunded half our costs, but said the place was "rustic" - rustic does not translate into "ok to be filthy".