You will love our cozy little "Happy Place", hidden in the beautiful Ohia forest. We are across from the Village with its restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market, & 5 minutes from Volcanoes National Park. The perfect home away from home for couples or small families exploring all eastern Hawai'i has to offer!
WHAT’S UP WITH THE VOLCANO?
The national park is OPEN and the crater is STUNNING! They are continually evaluating new trails and sites within the park and opening them up to visitors - we'll message you before your stay with the latest!
· Kīlauea Visitor Center (closes at 5 p.m.)
· Hawai‘i Pacific Parks Association store at Kīlauea Visitor Center (closes at 5 p.m.)
· Crater Rim Trail between Volcano House and Kilauea Military Camp
· Sulphur Banks Trail
· Crater Rim Drive to Steam Vents
· Kīlauea Iki Overlook and parking lot
· Devastation Trail and Pu‘u Pua‘i
· Crater Rim Drive to Keanakāko‘i Crater, for pedestrians and bicyclists only
· Mauna Loa Road to Kīpukapuaulu; open to pedestrians and bicyclists past Kīpukapuaulu
· Sections of Escape Road from Highway 11
· Chain of Craters Road
The Volcano Art Center Gallery, Kilauea Military Camp (all facilities), and Volcano House (lobby and viewing area, bar, and gift shop) are also open.
Even outside the park, there is much to do! Our little Volcano Village is the perfect spot to relax. Slightly cooler with less humidity and no vog, it’s a hidden rainforest retreat! Volcano Village is a small town just Hilo side of Volcanoes National Park. We are a beautiful little artist community and great resting spot for seeing the east side of the island with it's rainforest, orchid gardens, winery, hiking trails, farmers markets -- simply an amazing place. Perfectly between the green and black sand beaches, the uniqueness of Pahoa, and old Hawaii in Hilo town . We hope you will come discover it for yourself, and love it just as much as we do!
Now, a little about the house -- a warm and comfortable little piece of Hawaiiana.
You are going to LOVE our cozy little "Happy Place" hidden in the beautiful Ohia forest. Across from Volcano Village with its restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market, and 3 minutes from Volcanoes National Park. The perfect home away from home for couples or small families exploring all eastern Hawai'i has to offer!
Beautiful craftsmanship abounds in our one bedroom (plus a comfy pull out couch), upgraded bath home in the beautiful Volcano community. From the carved bar to the lava rock fireplace to the Jacuzzi jetted tub, we've paid attention to every detail. French doors from the living room and bedroom give you plenty of indoor/outdoor living. Play horseshoes out back, settle in under the stars and enjoy the fire pit, or create a gourmet dinner to enjoy on the private lanai - make yourself at home!
Some features of Hau’oli Place:
· NEW! - Fresh Volcano produce delivery
• Spacious lanai for dining and relaxing, with gas grill
• House is situated on the lot to provide maximum privacy
• Ample Parking
• Guidebooks, magazines, and various other reading material
• Board games (be a kid again!)
• Full kitchen with full size gas stove and oven and refrigerator/freezer
• Cooking basics including coffee, tea, sugar, pancake mix, pasta and rice, oil and vinegar, water, sweet treats, and a welcome bottle of wine.
• Drip and percolator coffee makers and tea kettle
• Queen size bed with clean linens in private bedroom with french doors leading to the lanai
• Queen size pull out couch in the living room
• French doors from the living room onto the private lanai, doubling your living space
• Lava rock gas burning fireplace
• Hand carved koa bar
• HD TV with cable and bluray DVD player
• Cable wifi internet connection
• Slate tiled bathroom with deep, Jacuzzi soaking tub
• Toiletries, including shampoo/conditioner, bath wash, and lotion
• Beach and bath towels
• Firepit to make your outdoor experience complete! (wood provided)
• Horseshoe pit
• Full size washer and dryer available for your use
One night and last minute reservations are available. Please message us about same day reservations and we will accomodate if at all possible!
You will have your own key and have the whole place to yourself. Your own Hawai'ian mountain escape.
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
We would love to meet you and welcome you to your new home. If you need anything during your stay, we're just a phone call away.
Located in a quiet neighborhood only 3 minutes from Volcanoes National Park. The perfect home away from home for couples or small families exploring all eastern Hawai'i has to offer!
Volcano is about 2 hours from the Kona airport and 30 minutes from Hilo. This is a big island and a rental car is required to get the most out of your experience.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO HERE?
At the home, you can laze with a book on the lanai, play a game of horseshoes, or warm up under the stars next to the firepit. When you're ready to go out and explore, the national park is just up the road. There are also farmers markets, tours, coffee farms, museums, and you can even hike out to the flowing lava going the ocean. We'll leave you a list of all the activities happening during yoru stay. This is an amazing place!
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
Coffee and basic cooking items are provided. There are some small, convenience-style stores in Volcano, but if you don't want to spend your valuable vacation time shopping, concierge groceries are available with advanced notice. Just let us know what you need!
We welcome everyone and would love to have you stay with us!