Newly Renovated Classic Tahoe Lodge on 8th Hole
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Tahoe Vista lodge description
Welcome to Camp Brassie, the perfect Old Tahoe getaway!
Located in a gorgeous park-like setting, our lodge was newly remodeled in Spring of 2010 and sits on the 8th hole of the Old Brockway Golf Course. (Home of the 1st Annual Bing Crosby Golf Tournament in 1934!) We comfortably sleep 8 in beds.
Our small neighborhood is well known for its beauty and seclusion; it is surrounded on all sides by the golf course. Our home looks directly across the golf course into the Tahoe National Forest. Park your car, put your small kids in one of our red wagons, and take the 6 minute stroll to North Lake Tahoe’s best beach with a wide expanse of gorgeous white sand, new picnic/BBQ area, grassy play area, and regulation sized sand volleyball courts. It’s a seven minute walk from our home to Safeway and to the North Shore’s favorite Italian restaurant Lanza’s! Also within walking distance are kayak and bike rentals, and several delicious restaurants: the world famous breakfast spot The Log Cabin cafe, the Char-Pit, The Blue Onion, the Java Hut, Peluso’s Pizza, and Jason’s Beachside Grille on the Lake.
Just 2 miles from Camp Brassie, you can have an old-school night out on the town just like Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, and Bing Crosby at the Crystal Bay, NV casinos. The Northstar Ski Resort entrance is a short 5 miles from our home! We are centrally located for easy access to Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mount Rose, and Diamond Peak ski areas – and snowmobile rentals are offered in the winter at the lake side entrance to our neighborhood.
Camp Brassie is large enough for multi-family vacations and includes:
• Wrap around decks overlooking front yard, golf course, and forest allowing for great indoor-outdoor access.
• Fully enclosed, grassy front yard perfect for small kids, sheltered by a group of lovely old Jeffrey Pines fitted with a hammock and rope swing for maximum fun and relaxation!
• Beautiful antique knotty pine living room with new couches, oriental rug, and a stunning, old stone fireplace.
• Fully remodeled kitchen featuring stone countertops, new cabinetry, vintage Wedgewood stove/oven, and new refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. Complete service for 12 is on hand and every gadget needed to prepare all your meals!
• The “Pinecone” Master bedroom with Cal King bed with Egyptian cotton sheets. Adjoining master bathroom is newly remodeled with elegant European mosaic tile with large walk-in shower and “rain” style shower-head.
• The “Lakeside” bedroom with a gorgeous French handcrafted pine Queen bed.
• The “Knotty Pine” Kid’s Bunkroom with 2 sets of twin beds (4 beds total) at each end of the huge, 32’ foot long second story bedroom. Lots of room to play all day up here – and the cushy new Berber carpet keeps it nice and quiet while the kids jump and run!
• The second bathroom is a lovely, remodeled full bath, with in-tub shower with “rain” style showerhead.
- New Restoration Hardware designed bathrooms
- Brand new front loading washer and dryer, extra large capacity
- New forced-air heating
- New tankless water heater providing unlimited hot water
- Wi-Fi access, entire house and bunkroom twin beds have hardwired CAT6 internet connections.
- Tasteful new comforters in all bedrooms with additional blankets, high-thread count cotton sheets, and new pillows.
- Pack-n-play crib, kinderseat child’s feeding chair, toys and books on hand for the kids!
• Linens Provided: All Sheets on Beds Are High-Thread Count. Additional Sheets and Blankets Are Available in Closets. Large Towel and Wash Cloth Provided for Each Guest.
• Beach Towels
• Off Street Parking: You Can at Least Two Cars in Front of the Garage.
• New Forced Air Central Heat
• Large, stone, classic cabin style fireplace
• King Bed: Pinecone Master - Cal King Bed with Tasteful Comforter, Pillows and High-Thread Count Sheets.
• Queen Bed (1) : One Queen Bed is in the Lakeside room
• Twin Beds : 4 twin beds in the upstairs Knotty Pine Bunkroom. All Have Tasteful Comforters, Pillows and High-Thread Count Sheets. Each Bunkroom bed has it’s own cubby for bedside storage of books, computers, iPhone, etc. with power for chargers in each cubby!
• Crib: We Have Kids Too! A Pack-n-Play crib is available - leave yours at home!!!
• Charter Communications Wi-Fi Service
• BluRay DVD Player that can stream NetFlix, etc.
• Brand New, Fully Remodeled Gourmet Kitchen: Granite Counters, New cabinets, Vintage Range, Dishwasher, Microwave, Convection/Toaster oven and Fridge.
• Cooking Utensils Provided: We've Got it All for Your Cooking Pleasure.
• BBQ Grill: Can provide if needed, in storage.
• Outdoor picnic table, park benches, and bistro table and chairs
• 4 large market style umbrellas on front deck.
• Deck/Patio: Deck in back of the house overlooking the golf course.
• Bear Box provided to ensure safe storage and disposal of household garbage
• On the 8th hole of the Old Brockway Golf Course, National Forest across golf course
• Wi-Fi Broadband Internet
• No pets
• Minimum Age Limit for Renters: Renters Must Be 28 years old
• Smoking Not Allowed: Due to fire danger, NO SMOKING in or outside the house. Renters will lose full deposit.
• This is **BEAR COUNTRY**. Guests must exercise caution in the storing and disposal of food and garbage to ensure their safety and the on-going good condition of the property.
Keywords: Cabin, House, Cottage
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available
- Child's Highchair
- Dishes & Utensils
- Wood Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Video Game Console
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Pier Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
ReviewsWrite a review
We stayed at Camp Brassie for New Year's Eve and had a great experience. We shared this rental with my sister's family and there was plenty of room for 4 adults and 4 kids. There were many activities to keep the little ones busy in and outside the house. Inside there were books, puzzles, and some toys with a nice, big coffee table to use them on. The room up stairs was nicely carpeted for the kids to roll around on and even watch television, however, TV was not big on their list. Our kids really wanted to be outside in the snow! Outside the house there is a fenced in yard that is nicely secured. Outside the fence is the golf course with endless possibilities of play! Our kids enjoyed making snowmen/angels and finding slopes to sled down. They would spend all day outside if they could! The amenities at Camp Brassie make staying there very comfortable. We stopped at Safeway to load up on food and there were plenty of cabinets and fridge space to fit everything. We enjoyed cooking our meals to eat in. Dinners in were especially nice after a day of skiing. The house was nice and warm with central heating and there was a fireplace which made a nice ambiance. We did go out to breakfast at The Log Cabin nearby which had delicious food and coffee. My little one loved eating a Mickey Mouse pancake with all the works. Sleeping conditions are great here! The beds are comfortable with good quality linens and we all got a good night sleep. The bathrooms are very nice too with plenty of towels. I would highly recommend Camp Brassie! All the photos shown on this site accurately reflect this location along with the description given. We really enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to coming back again!
- Guest Jenny (Pleasanton, CA)
- Date of stay 12/31/10
- Review Submitted 01/16/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers.
A great family getaway!
A great family getaway!
We loved the cabin! The location is ideal -- convenient to both skiing and the lake. The cabin is clean and cozy and accommodated our large family easily with it's comfortable layout. Watching the squirrels on the-snow covered golf course was a favorite activity. The downstairs bedrooms are big, brand-new, and filled with Tahoe charm and the kids LOVED having their own large loft-space upstairs. The decor is a perfect combination of old school Tahoe with modern amenities. We cannot wait to go back up for more snow play and definitely hope to visit in the summer too!
- Guest kiel (East Bay)
- Date of stay 12/09/10
- Review Submitted 01/11/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Summer Season .......... Jun-Aug ............... $250/nt (7 nt min)(Fri-Fri) Labor Day Weekend ...... Sep 03-7 .............. $325/nt (4 nt min) Fall/Spring Season ..Sep-Nov 18,Apr-May ..... $200/nt . $250/nt(wknd)(2 nt min) Winter Season .......... Nov 19-Mar 31 ......... $200/nt . $300/nt(wknd)(2 nt min) Thanksgiving Week .............................. $375/nt (4 nt min) Christmas & New Years .. Dec 18-Jan 02 ......... $500/nt (7 nt min) MLK, Presidents, and 4th of July Holidays ... .. $375/nt (Minimum Nights Apply) $500 fully refundable deposit to secure booking, $125 Cleaning Fee
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Motorway: State Hwy 267 and 28 at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: North Lake Tahoe Beach at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Northstar Ski Resort at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Old Brockway Golf Course at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Blue Onion at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Hi there! We are three Bay Area families that have been friends for a LONG TIME with a shared love of Tahoe! We decided to buy this cabin together so that our families would have a place to build memories. When we saw Camp Brassie, it was love at first sight! We had dreamed of having a classic Tahoe cabin, and always loved the Old Brockway Golf Course neighborhood (famous with Tahoe locals for its Halloween night celebrations). When we bought the cabin -- to be honest, it needed a lot of work. And we worked hard to bring the cabin's infrastructure into the 21st century while maintaining its Old Tahoe Charm. As a result, it's fully renovated. New kitchen, new appliances, fully upgraded electrical system, hard-wired internet connections, forced air heat, tankless water heater -- you name it, we did it! But the renovation is not what makes this cabin special. It's how you feel when you step inside the gate and see the gorgeous old wood paneling, the sun glinting off the grass of the 8th hole, and the stunning huge old stone fireplace, watching the kids ride on their bikes down the middle of the street to the beach -- it's a dream cabin that came to life..... at least it's our dream, and we love it!
Why the Owner Chose Tahoe Vista:
The location is the BOMB! (Sorry for the enthusiasm, but it's really great) We are a quick 15 minutes from Interstate 80, right off 267. Walk to the beach, enjoy the view of the forest across the golf course, and walk to Safeway for groceries. We are within 10 minutes of Northstar Ski Resort, 15 miles to Squaw, and the Incline Village Ski Resorts (Diamond Pead and Mount Rose are 15 minutes away). And the sledding -- we have the best sledding hill only 5 minutes away in Tahoe Vista. And if you like to stroll trails -- 5 minutes from our front door and you are in the wilderness!
- Primary: (510) 363-6761 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Camp Brassie in the Summer -- enjoy the hammock and rope swing!
En-suite Masterbath. Restoration Hardware remodel -- gorgeous and new!
Camp Brassie Lodge in the Winter
Newly remodeled kitchen - farmhouse sink, stainless steel appliances
Second bedroom downstairs. Look across the gorgeous golf course while in bed!
Pathway to the front door! Lots of umbrellas for shade. Front yard is gated!
East end of the loft - 1 twin bed. Bean bags scattered all around for the kids!
The cottage! Super cute room with en-suite bath and two twins! SUMMER ONLY!
Master bedroom -- Cal King Bed, New Flat Screen TV and stunning attached bath!
View of Golf Course from front door, left side of wrap-around front deck!
Looking from the front room towards the kitchen/dining area.
Another look at part of the front room. Huge windows look at the golf course!
Second bathroom. Rainfall shower head, Restoration Hardware fixtures!
West end of loft, wired for internet, big television for the kids, 3 twin beds.
The kids running at the beach at the end of the street! North Lake Tahoe Beach!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, July 23, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.