Rustic Log Cabin Minutes from Cooperstown on 20 Acres
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cooperstown cabin description
Kick back and relax in our rustic country log cabin in the woods surrounded by 20 acres. This property is filled with towering pine trees and sugar maples in a park like setting. It's like your own personal forest! House sits 600 feet off the lightly traveled county road. Our country cabin features a loft, fire pit, snowmobile & 4 wheeler trails, a beaver dam fed by our own personal lake, stone fireplace & outdoor ping pong. Sit by the fire with a hot chocolate or a cold beer..you pick the beverage. We supply video games to keep the kids occupied inside and the fire pit for smores outside. If you live a busy life in a busy place..this is your paradise. You will feel peace and serenity the moment you arrive. Come see what it's like to leave your troubles behind. You'll want to come back again and again.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- loft with 6 twin beds and large closet TV with DVD player
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- recently constructed basement bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Living Room seats 6
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- 20 acres of hiking trails leading to a beaver dam with other wildlife
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
- Mountain Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Water Tubing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Whitewater Rafting
- Cross Country Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Your vacation may be to sit back and relax with a cup of coffee & a fire. Walk our property and you will see our own personal mini lake that feeds a beaver dam right before your eyes. Bring your 4 wheelers or snowmobiles and enjoy the trails right on our 20 acre lot. Sit outside and enjoy nature. If you come to relax, you picked the perfect spot. If you prefer to keep busy welcome to country living at it's finest. The main attraction is Cooperstown with the Baseball Hall of Fame and Field of Dreams located 15 minutes away. Cooperstown features a quaint neighborhood with shops, restaurants and baseball themed memorabilia at every turn. C'mon ladies..your guy will love it! If you bring the kids visit Clark Center, a well sized activity center & arcade which is just 10 miles away. How about a beach? Yes, we have beaches in the country and they border beautiful fresh water lakes and rivers. Our favorite? Muscle Beach! Muscle Beach is a river with a bridge that you can jump off to swim if you are adventurous & it's only 20 miles away. We love Wintergreen Park waterfalls too. You can enjoy the falls from the crest below or venture up to the platform at the cliffs edge to watch the falls from the top. Pack a lunch and spend the day. No matter what your fancy, you will always remember your stay with us at Little Tree. Thank you for viewing our listing!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Rustic country home full of charm
Rustic country home full of charm
Very rustic log home which is exactly what we needed to get away from our busy lives in NYC. Tom the owner is very accomodating & things were exactly as we expected. This is a very secluded home, clean and well stocked. I would recommend this home to anyone & will stay again hopefully in the summer. Thanks Tom!
- Guest CB (New York City)
- Date of stay 02/22/13
- Review Submitted 03/02/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
•Call anytime to discuss rates.
•Weekend price varies call for rates.
Holiday weekend 2 or 3 nights included, rates depend on Holiday
Call or email for last minute deals.
Partial weeks available too...ask for rate info.
Mid-week rates very flexible!
Credit card payments may incur additional fees.
Various methods of payments and terms available.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$300 reservation deposit (converts to security) at check-in.
$100 cleaning fee.
All taxes included in rate where applicable.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Westville Airport at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 88 at 11 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Glimmerglass State Park at 12 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Pleasant Brook Pub at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Windham Mountain at 58 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Leatherstocking Golf Course at 16 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Doubleday Cafe at 16 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: My name is Tom Tretola & I am a tree contractor from the east end of Long Island. I bought this property for my family and I to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy playing in the country. We've enjoyed ourselves for 5 years.
Why the Owner Chose Cooperstown:
At 53 years old I knew when I saw Little Tree it was what I wanted . The minute I pull into the driveway I am in our own world. You will relax instantly. We are avid off road guys and this house sits in middle of our own 20 acres plus thousands of acres of private and state land. I know you will love our home as much as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
From water falls to river jumping from a bridge to Cooperstown and more our country piece of paradise won't disappoint. Leaf peep, roast smores, play ping pong, chill in front of the fire or venture out & get to know this beautiful area in upstate NY. Whatever you do, you won't regret a few days in paradise!
- Primary: +1 6314135100
- Fax: +1 6317232241
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 11, 2013