Winter availability update: JAN/FEB/MAR are not quite half full. BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN VIEWS RETURN, and GREAT SPECIAL RATES! BOOK NOW!
Welcome to "Galt's Gulch", a 4000 s/f, 5 BEDROOM HOME that SLEEPS 13 COMFORTABLY, with rates you'll love! But GREAT RATES are just the start; here's why extended families, vacationers, clubs, and corporations have told us they REALLY LOVE staying with us, and have rewarded our home with 100% 5-STAR REVIEWS:
Our home features HIGH END furnishings and amenities, and the chef in your group will LOVE the COMMERCIAL kitchen appliances;
The best GAME ROOM(S) in Big Canoe we are told!), with an 8' billiards table, ping pong, 70's vintage Brunswick Air Hockey table!;
PARKING: A level, private, off-street drive just steps from your door that accommodates 4-5 vehicles;
VIEW: Wake up to mountains out your bedroom windows (and seasonal mountain views in every direction), and drift off to the soothing sound of waterfalls below you;
ACTIVITIES: Hike the most beautiful and longest trail in Big Canoe, also just below you. Pass the THREE waterfalls on your way to Lake Disharoon and Mt. Oglethorpe. Plus, reduced-rate access to all amenities in Big Canoe, and I PROVIDE EIGHT WRISTBANDS FOR COMPLIMENTARY (FREE) ACCESS TO THE ROCK SLIDE, BEACH AND BOTH POOLS ALL SUMMER FOR MY GUESTS.
You'll find this and more in the South's premier mountain community of Big Canoe, located just 50 miles directly north of Atlanta, in the beautiful North Georgia foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Check our reviews, and our great rates on a 3-day weekend or weekly rental, and compare the amenities and size of our home. WE BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL AGREE WE OFFER ABSOLUTELY THE BEST VALUE IN BIG CANOE.
Want the details? This home offers you...
1. FIVE LARGE BEDROOMS w/TWO MASTER SUITES, one with heated floors.
2. TWO VERY COMFORTABLE GREAT ROOMS with flatscreen TVs, an audiophile sound system, and video library.
3. TWO ENTERTAINMENT ROOMS w/POOL TABLE, PING PONG, AIR HOCKEY, and over 20 table and board games.
4. TWO DECKS (1 COVERED) FOR EATING, RELAXING, and BBQ-ing ON THE WEBER GRILL.
5. A BEAUTIFUL PRIVATE SETTING ABOVE A VALLEY, STREAM, WATERFALLS, AND HIKING TRAIL...WITH SEASONAL MOUNTAIN VIEWS IN EVERY DIRECTION!
6. We are PET FRIENDLY, with certain limitations and fees. See '"rules" section
PLUS...(and this is a BIG plus, be sure to compare)...the AMPLE FREE PARKING for 3-4 cars in the driveway apron fronting the garage is APPROXIMATELY LEVEL WITH THE HOUSE - NOT up or down a steep driveway. The main floor of the home, from street level, requires 3 steps down, and from the driveway requires 6 steps down.
HERE IS THE SPECIFIC LAYOUT OF THE HOME:
• Great Room w/Flat Screen TV/DVD and Stereo, Fireplace
• Fully equipped Stainless/Granite Kitchen
• Dining Area
• 1st Master Suite w/King Bed, Private Fully Tiled Bath with Shower and Jacuzzi-type tub, flat screen TV/DVD
• Additional Half Bath
• Glass-enclosed, tree-top Billiard Room
• Upper Deck
•. Off-street parking area
• 2nd Master Suite w/King Bed, PRIVATE Full Bath, Heated Floors
• 3rd King Bedroom w/ shared Full Bath with Shower
• Great Room w/50” TV/DVD, Audiophile Onkyo/Klipsch surround sound system, and dining area
• Glass-enclosed Entertainment/Game Room with ping-pong, air hockey, game table, stereo system/CD's - great for relaxing, playing, and listening to music.
• Covered Lower Deck
• Queen Bedroom
• "Dorm" Bedroom w/3 twins and Trundle (5 beds total in this room) and flat-screen TV
• Shared Full Bath with tub and shower
I PROVIDE 8 WRISTBANDS FOR FREE SUMMER pool access, daily May 26 to Sept 3, and weekends through 9/30. THIS IS A $10/ person/day value. So for a 4-day rental of 8 guests, for example, you save pool fees of $320! Other amenities require fee.
SEVERAL THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE YOU BOOK:
Review the rental agreement. There are a number of expectations that we ask you to observe. It is YOUR responsibility to communicate these to others in your party BEFORE stay. Here are the major ones:
1. This is a NON-SMOKING PROPERTY. That includes the home, the decks, and the grounds. (Big Canoe is VERY dry at times, and high fire risk is common.)
2. The home is made available to ONLY the number of occupants specified at time of booking. Do not bring or invite persons (day or night) or a dog to the property, who have not been specifically identified, quantified, approved, and paid at the time the reservation is made. (When booking the property, adding a dog will generate a charge. A second dog, if approved, will generate a second charge.). The total cost of the rental is based upon the MAXIMUM number of guests who will occupy the home, plus pet charges if applicable, even though that number may vary during during the term of the rental. The overnight occupancy of the home is limited to the number of occupants specified at booking. Additional overnight guests coming into the home who are not part of the rental party is similar to turning the "vacation rental" into a hotel, and these additional guests will be charged as such. To avoid what may potentially be an awkward situation, be sure to identify ALL occupants at time of booking. I may approve a very limited number of occasional "day-guests" during the term of your occupancy, but the home may NOT be used as a gathering place for groups without specific host approval. Charges will apply for add'l guests not identified during the booking process, at a rate of THREE TIMES THE RATE had the correct number been identified at time of booking. Similarly, bringing a pet to the home without host approval will be charged DOUBLE the normal $175 pet fee.
3. I ask that guests here observe reasonable and acceptable standards of care and behavior while in the home. I want the home to be as nice as possible for every guest. I provide plenty of drink coasters, disinfectant wipes, and grill-cleaning materials. Spills, food, and grease in the oven, stovetop, grill, floors, and surfaces are the RENTER'S RESPONSIBILITY to address BEFORE CHECKOUT. Guests will be responsible for removing trash to the Big Canoe facility. I also recommend a parent's watchful eye on the kids, as it's always easier to prevent a problem than to fix one.
4. This is a mountain community, and this home rests 2000' up the side of a mountain. That means you should expect to travel curvy, inclined roads to get here and around Big Canoe. There is a chance that your cell reception will be great or poor, depending on carrier. Your internet performance, and TV channel choice and reception may not be what you experience in flat urban areas. Refraining from using the internet for streaming, gaming, Netflix, etc. will leave plenty of bandwidth for traditional web surfing, e-mail, and transactional activity.
5. Big Canoe does not permit on-street parking, or parking of RV's. The driveway will accommodate 5 cars, but large pickups will reduce that, and RVs are not practical. You may park ONE car at the bottom of the cul-de-sac for very short periods, but for vehicles in excess of 5, you must make other arrangements, such as shuttling from one of the parking lots inside BC.
This home is located on a large, very private double lot. There is a SEPARATE, DETACHED efficiency apartment that at times is used by the OWNER ONLY. Owner MAY or MAY NOT, depending upon schedule, be available to greet you, provide an orientation to the home and to answer questions during your stay.
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS:
INSTANT BOOKING is enabled. Calendar and rates are ALWAYS up to date. I try to respond to all inquiries within 20 MINUTES. Inquiries about availability, cost, and discounts are not necessary. Simply enter the dates of your stay and the number in your party into the VRBO calendar, and it will provide a quote - then move directly to a reservation request. I am very happy to respond to specific questions about my home and your stay here. Including a few words about your group and vacation plans is always welcome.
Payment terms: 50% payable at booking, balance payable 30 days before arrival. (Failure to submit balance within 48 hours of billing is a breach of the rental agreement.)
Cancellation policy: full refund of amount paid if cancelled greater than 60 days before arrival date. .
An additional suggestion: Just as a traveler wants to know the details of his accommodations, the homeowner wants to know something about his guests and how they intend to use his property. As noted above, I attempt to respond to all serious inquiries within 20 minutes. To ensure security, the address will only be provided to booked guests.
Upon arrival, guests MUST immediately contact owner via VRBO message only, if there are any concerns regarding neatness/cleanliness of the home. Owner is not responsible for cosmetic issues caused by previous guests that are beyond his control.
Finally, note that in order to make the home affordable to all group sizes, (and to reflect the additional wear and cleaning associated with larger groups and/or pets) the seasonal base rate is applied to a group size of SIX. Each guest beyond that number who will be accommodated in the home during the term of the rental is calculated at $10 per night per person, and reflected in your VRBO quote. Additional guests who are invited to the home but have not been stipulated at time of booking will be charged at a rate of $30 per night per person for the entire length of the term. Due to past abuses, this will be strictly enforced. A dog will be charged at a weekly rate of $175, and possibly less for shorter term stays. When booking the home, applicant should note the TOTAL number of guests who will sleep in the home during your stay, even though some may arrive late or depart early, and thus not be present during the entire term of the rental. The rental rate will be based upon this number.
I am looking forward to hosting you soon!