Pay 5 Days Get 2 Days Free-18 Days Get 12 Days Quote* Depends on #BR'S Required(20 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
3 Bedrooms 1 King 2 Queen & Double Futon in LR 2 Bath--Comfortable for 6-7 Guest
MONTH PLUS LEASES NEGOTIABLE FOR SUPER RATES. RESERVE NOW FOR BEST TIMES.
ABBEY RIDGE WILL CONSIDER 2 TO 4 DAY RESERVATIONS AS A "LAST" MINUTE ONLY 8 DAYS OR LESS IN ADVANCE OF DESIRED DATES AND OCCUPANCY LIMITED TO 2 TO 3 GUESTS ONLY USING MASTER BEDROOM AND DOUBLE FUTON IN LIVING ROOM PLUS ALL THE AMENITIES OF THE HOUSE. SUGGEST LAST MINUTE GUESTS SHOULD CONTACT OWNER DIRECTLY
NO CLEANING FEE IS CHARGED AND RATE PRICE IS SUBJECT TO NC ROOM TAX(12% MOL).
ASK OWNER ABOUT LINEN DISCOUNT.
CLOSE TO IT ALL YET IT SEEMS SO FAR AWAY
Red Brick One Level Country Cottage-Wheel Chair Accessible-Central Location to Hendersonville (10 minutes), Asheville, Brevard, Flat Rock(Carl Sandberg Home), Blue Ridge Parkway, Dupont Falls, Chimney Rock, Biltmore, Lake Lure, Flat Rock Play House.
Using VRBO indicates you want more than an internet hotel booking convenience. You want a home away from home. So as a future guest and a potential host we both deserve a little feedback between parties to be sure Abbey Ridge is a good fit for all. That's how we do it on the ridge and we hope you agree in considering Abbey Ridge Retreat for your stay.
ADVANCED RESERVATION REQUESTS ARE CONSIDERED FOR 5 OR MORE DAYS AT ANY TIME FOR UP TO 6 OR 7 GUESTS.
2 TO 4 DAY RESERVATIONS MAY BE MADE AS A "LAST" MINUTE ONLY 8 DAYS IN ADVANCE OF DESIRED DATES AND ARE LIMITED TO 2 TO 3 GUESTS ONLY USING MASTER BEDROOM AND DOUBLE FUTON IN LIVING ROOM PLUS ALL THE AMENITIES OF THE HOUSE. NO CLEANING FEE IS CHARGED AND RATE PRICE IS SUBJECT TO NC ROOM TAX(12% MOL). SUGGEST LAST MINUTE GUESTS SHOULD CONTACT OWNER DIRECTLY AT OWNER'S EMAIL STANCLAN63@BELLSOUTH.NET, LAND LINE (803-364-9364) OR CELL PHONE (828-275-6697 or 803-212-8695) TEXT WITH DATES DESIRED AND # OF GUESTS AND RETURN CONTACT INFO WITH TELEPHONE NUMBER. OTHERWISE FOR ROUTINE INQUIRES PLEASE EMAIL US DIRECTLY OR VIA VRBO WEBSITE.
DAILY RATE QUOTE IS BASED ON 2-3 GUESTS USING MASTER BED ROOM (QUEEN) INCLUDING FUTON IN LIVING ROOM PLUS ALL AMENITIES OF THE HOUSE.
1. $135/DAY DECEMBER THRU APRIL PLUS TAX.
2. $165/DAY MAY THRU NOVEMBER PLUS TAX.
3. TWO EXTRA BEDROOMS (WITH ONE QUEEN BED). ARE AVAILABLE AT $25(LOW SEASON) TO $35(HIGH SEASON)/NIGHT FOR EACH BEDROOM NEEDED TO ACCOMODATE ADDITIONAL GUESTS, OTHERWISE THOSE BEDROOMS ARE SECURED.
4. THE HOUSE "DAILY" RATE RANGES FROM $135/DAY WINTER TO $165/DAY SPRING SUMMER AND FALL IF RENTED FOR 4 DAYS OR LESS USING MBR AND FUTON IN LR ONLY FOR 2-3 ADULT GUESTS.
5. THE ENTIRE HOUSE WEEKLY RATE WITH 5 PAID DAYS WITH TWO DAYS FREE RANGE FROM $925/WEEK IN WINTER TO $1,175/WEEK IN SPRING, SUMMER AND FALL.
FOR 2-3 GUESTS ONLY $675 (WINTER)--$825 (SUMMER/FALL) FOR 1 WEEK USING ONLY MASTER BED ROOM AND LIVING ROOM DOUBLE FUTON .
6. $25/WEEK PET FEE PER OWNER’S APPROVAL.
7. ALL RENTAL CHARGES SUBJECT TO 12.00% ROOM TAXES. SEE LINEN DISCOUNT TO AVOID PAYING ROOM TAX.
8. 3 PAGE CONTRACT AND REFUNDABLE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT ($250)REQUIRED BEFORE RESERVATION IS CONFIRMED..
AVAILABLE DISCOUNTS (SAVE YOU MONEY)
1. BOOK A 5 DAY STAY & GET 2 FREE DAYS FOR A WEEK'S STAY.
2. BOOK 18 DAYS AND STAY 12 EXTRA DAYS FREE FOR A TOTAL OF 30 DAYS.
3. EXTENDED STAYS BEYOND ONE MONTH OWNER WILL NEGOTIATE WITH GUEST FOR A SUPER RATE.
4. ROOM TAX DISCOUNT IF GUESTS PROVIDE THEIR OWN LINENS ( FLAT & FITTED SHEETS, PILLOW CASES, BATH TOWELS). THEN THE HOUSE WILL PAY THE 12.00% ROOM TAX. THE HOUSE WILL PROVIDE KITCHEN/TABLE LINEN, MATRESS COVERS, BLANKETS, AND PILLOWS.
5. WASHER AND DRYER NOT AVAILABLE IF LINEN DISCOUNT USED EXCEPT FOR GUESTS THAT STAY MORE THAN 5 CONTINUOUS DAYS.
6. THE LONGER YOU STAY THE MORE FLEXIBLE THE RATE ESPECIALLY FOR MONTHLY PLUS BOOKINGS. PLEASE CONTACT OWNER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO BE SURE CALENDAR IS STILL OPEN FOR EXTENDED STAY REQUESTS.
7. 2-4 DAY RESERVATION ACCEPTED NO EARLIER THAN 10 DAYS BEFORE DESIRED DATE AND RESTRICTED TO 2-3 PEOPLE USING MASTER BED ROOM AND FUTON ONLY UNLESS OWNER APPROVES.
ANY DISCOUNT OFFERED IS AT OWNER'S DISCRETION AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THE PROPERTY WILL BE ADVERTISED AS AVAILABLE UNTIL A CONTACT HAS BEEN SIGNED BY THE GUEST, RETURNED AND THE RESERVATION PAID IN FULL UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE. OWNER PLEDGES TO BE FAIR WHEN RECEIVING MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR THE SAME TIME REALIZING OWNER PRIORITIZES A LONGER STAY REQUEST VERSUS A SHORT STAY REQUEST. WE DO NOT DO INTERNET RESERVATIONS OR USE CREDIT CARDS AT THIS MOMENT.
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING ABBEY RIDGE RETREAT.
ABBEY RIDGE RETREAT
71 ABBEY LANE
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28739
OWNER MAIL EMAIL AND TELEPHONE
828-275-6697 OWNER CELL PHONE
803-364-9364 LAND LINE WITH ANSWER MACHINE
Abbey Ridge Retreat is a 1700 square foot red brick one level cottage with all amenities available year round for weekends or longer visits. Our view is the central attraction of this seasonal rental. It’s always spectacular, but at sunset the sky can display colors even an artist would have problems capturing as it changes from moment to moment. If you enjoy a vigorous walk for exercise it’s exactly 1 1/2 miles round trip from the top to the main road. The house features motion sensor lights on all sides to light your way and ambiance lighting using solar lights on the front entrance walkway and the rear of the property to light your way and set the mood. Enjoying a gas log fire inside or just sitting in near darkness on the deck watching for shooting stars on clear summer evenings with a suitable beverage and agreeable company is a Master Card 'Priceless' moment. This quiet abode is ideal for romance as there is complete privacy on our cul de sac.
Whatever outdoor activity, attraction, entertainment, restaurants or shopping interests you in WNC it’s easily available within a 10-60 minute drive. To learn what’s happening locally call the Henderson County Tourist Bureau at 800-828-4244 or visit them on 201 South Main Street in Hendersonville. The house has great cell reception and a WiFi network. There is fully equipped kitchen & fridge with ice maker.
Abbey Ridge is located 5 miles west of Hendersonville on Hwy 64 West in the Horseshoe/Mills River Communities. There is easy access to the property via a paved two lane road, but winter visitors should be advised snow and ice are frequent visitors from November thru March. We recommend “four” or “all wheel drive” vehicles for a winter visit. At least one guest must be 25 years of age unless all guests are 21 years of age or older. Owner will discuss an exception for each rental period.
Abbey Ridge is on one level making it accessible for wheel chairs though assistance may be needed. The property is in a virtual mountain forest with Oak, Pine, Cedar and Maple trees, but close in there is a grass lawn with Mountain Laurel and Azaleas for greenery. There is wildlife with turkey, squirrels, raccoons, opossum, deer, humming birds and there are stories of bear sightings. There are “once in awhile mosquitoes“ spiders and reptiles so watch where you walk or put your hands.
The Abbess, Lady Margaret from England is the Patron Saint of the house. We bid you welcome as in medieval days when abbeys were required to put up travelers and provide a simple supper. We hope to see you on the ridge.
“Peace be unto you.”
PHILIP STANLEY DDS
239 Donna Lynn Lane
Prosperity, SC 29127
CELL 828-275-6697 Land Line 803-364-9364
Keywords: Red Brick 1 Level Country Brick Cottage-Wheel Chair Friendly-Open Year Round-Central Location to Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard, Flat Rock, Blue Ridge Parkway, Dupont Falls, Chimney Rock, Biltmore, Lake Lure-Romantic-Quiet Solitude-Private
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 1700 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 7
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Any age as long as there is one responsible guest 25 years or older. If all guests are 21 years or older no restrictions. Responsible guest will provide a list of all guests by name and age....moreless
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets are not an automatic. I lean toward allowing pets, but I need to discuss it with guest to be sure Abbey Ridge is suitable for owner's comfort zone and guest's assurances alike. Let's tak about it and decide what's best. There is now an Invisible Fence in place. You bring your control box, collar and hook it up....moreless
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Easy drive mountain 2-lane paved access road especially if you arrive at night or in a driving rain, However RV’s & trailers discouraged since no easy turn around areas and on street parking prohibited,. Ample off road parking for 3 Vehicles-Fire Pit with Wood Provided, but Bring Matches, 20 minutes to Dupont Falls, Brevard, Pisgah Forest for Sliding Rock, Looking Glass Falls, Cradle of Forestry, Trout Hatchery, Pisgah Inn for lunch/dinner with spectacular view at reasonable prices, easy summit hike to Mt. Pisgah to see Cold Mountain and Blue Ridge Parkway, 30 minutes to Asheville, Biltmore Estate, French Broad River Canoe Trips, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, 45-60 minutes to Waynesville, Bryson City for White Water Kayaks, Cherokee Casino/Reservation with “Unto These Hills” summer outdoor evening play about the Cherokee Nation, Gas Fireplace for romantic evening with a glass of wine and significant other. Would be a great place for a wedding....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
(2) 46 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV and smaller TV for video/games etc. House provides DVD Player (Not Blu-Ray) and Guest Sets Players up. Look in Cabinet Drawer to left of Fireplace for DVD Player and Cables....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Covered Parking:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
LIVING AND FAMILY SIDE BY SIDE AS LARGE OPEN SPACE WITH 3 SOFAS, LOVE SEAT, 4 AMPLE SIZE CHAIRS, DESK WITH CHAIR, TV/ENTERTAINMENT AREA AND ENTRANCE FOYER. FIRE PLACE , PICTURE WINDOW WITH VIEW AREA...moreless
Parking Off Street:
Ample Room for 4 Vehicles on property. RV'S, but Trailers are discouraged since no turn areas provided and off street parking not permitted to keep narrow road open for wide service vehicles....moreless
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2017
5 night min stay
Late Spring/Summer/Fall 2017
May 1 - Nov 30, 2017
5 night min stay
My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Pet Fee $25
- Tax Rate 11.75%
Abbey Ridge Retreat will consider reservation request of 5 days or longer depending on availability and guest preferences. Reservations of 2 to 4 days will be considered only as a last minute 8 days or less before desired dates for a maximum of 3 guests using master bedroom, full futon in living room and all house amenities. The other two bedrooms will be secured.
DEPOSIT NEGOTIABLE TO MAKE RESERVATION THAN BALANCE DUE 2 WEEKS BEFORE DATE OF RESERVATION DATE. GUEST MAY CANCEL UP TO 3O DAYS BEFORE FOR $50 REFUND FEE. TO CANCEL WITHIN 29 DAYS OF RESERVATION FOR $350 OR 3.34% OF DEPOSIT PER DAY OF BALANCE REMAINING OR WHATEVER IS GREATER WILL BE CHARGED UNTIL DATE OF RESERVATION. IF ENTIRE DEPOSIT LOST OWNER MAY OFFER A CREDIT DEPENDING ON OWNER'S DISCRETION.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
CHIMNEY ROCK PARK
CARL SANDBURG HOME
BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY
PISGAH INN ON BLUE RIDGE PKY.
SUMMIT MT. PISGAH 2ND HIGHEST MT. EAST OF MISSISSIPPI
CHEROKEE RESERVATION "UNTO THESE HILLS" SUMMER PLAY
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: The Owner/Manager is a retired Military Officer who still does consulting work on the side. He retired from active duty in 1993 and moved to Mills River to allow his children to grow up in a safe and 1950's type of environment. The kids are grown, gone, employed and doing well. The property was bought in 2009 and has been restored to life from Crawl Space to Roof. The owner does much of the work himself especially the garden and as a hands-on owner who will do his best to be sure you enjoy your visit to the fullest. Call him just to chew the fat about what to do and see as WNC is a great place to visit and to live.
Why the Owner Chose Hendersonville, NC, USA:
It's an investment for the future and the grand children. What's more important is an opportunity to share this property with visitors as our little piece of heaven to those who want more than a Holiday Inn experience. Enjoy all the comforts of home, have an attractive view, lots of nearby activities to entertain you and to meet the incredible very hospitable people of western North Carolina.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Peace, serenity and an opportunity abound at Abbey Ridge to restore and to renew the mind, the body and the spirit before returning to an 8 to 5 world.
- Primary: +1 (828)-275-6697 Owner's Cell Call or Text Only
- Tertiary: +1 8032128695
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - The Biltmore Estate-The Jewel of Western North Carolina
- CLICK HERE - Dupont State Forest Water Falls
- CLICK HERE - Sliding Rock-A joy for all ages
- CLICK HERE - God made our mountains, valleys and water falls. Come see the glory of his creation.
- CLICK HERE - I am a Western North Carolinian!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The View is Awesome Inside or Outside at Abbey Ridge Retreat All Year Round.
Summer Shade or Winter Sun provides comfort at Abbey Ridge Retreat.
Covered Porch facing south at Abbey Ridge.
COVERED FRONT PROCH WITH BEST SEAT IN HOUSE AND BBQ GRILL.
Where the heavens kiss the peaks at Abbey Ridge Retreat.
King Bed NW corner of Cottage, Full Closet, Small Table & Chairs & Master Bath.
Brass Frame Queen bed room One Window Facing South for Winter Sun.
Futon Couch, Gas Logs Fireplace & Coffee Table with some Cheese, Bread and Wine.
Dining Room Seats 4-6 Guests with Leaf in Garage.
Living or Family Room is Your Call, Comfortable Regardless.
2 Car Attached Garage with Remote, Washer and Dryer.
MAGNIFICANT LOOKING GLASS FALLS ON WAY TO BLUE RIDGE PKY & PISGAH INN FOR LUNCH.
Spring at Abbey Ridge Retreat showing nature's renewal after winter's sting.
Abbey Ridge is where the sky and mountains come to play so come and join the fun
REAR OF COTTAGE WITH DECK FACING THE VIEW AREA WITH SUMMER SHADE AND WINTER SUN.
Mile Long 2 Lane Private Easy Access Road to the Top of Abbey Ridge & Solitude.
Islands in the Clouds on Abbey Ridge
Queen Bed Room SW Corner of Cottage with 2 Windows, Full Closet.
Futon (full/Double) by the fireplace for an extra bed with bedside lamp.
Conversation & Reading Area by Gas Logs. Cell Phone Free Area.
Reasonably Equipped Kitchen, but It's Cook's Night Off Every Night.
Are You Ready for Foot Ball, Masterpiece Theater, Some DIRECTV or a Favorite DV
Winter's Beauty Provides the Ultimate in Quiet Solitude at Abbey Ridge Retreat.
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 27, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Send a Message
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.