Close to it All Yet Seems So Far Away 5 October Days Available for Leaf Season
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Red Brick One Level Country Cottage-Wheel Chair Accessible-Central Location to Hendersonville (10 minutes), Asheville, Brevard, Flat Rock(Carl Sandberg Home), Blue Ridge Parkway, Dupont Falls, Chimney Rock, Biltmore, Lake Lure-Romantic-Quiet Solitude-Private-Night Sky Undisturbed-Open Year Round
RESERVATIONS REQUESTS OF 5 OR MORE DAYS MAY BE BOOKED AT ANY TIME FOR UP TO 6 OR 7 GUESTS. 2 TO 4 DAY RESERVATIONS MAY BE MADE ONLY 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE AND ARE LIMITED TO 2 TO 3 GUESTS ONLY USING MASTER BEDROOM QUEEN BED AND DOUBLE FUTON IN LIVING ROOM AND ALL THE AMENITIES OF THE HOUSE. HIGH + LOW SEASONAL RATES APPLY TO ALL DAYS, HOLIDAYS INCLUDED. NO CLEANING FEE IS CHARGED AND RATE PRICE IS SUBJECT TO NC ROOM TAX(12% MOL). SUGGEST LAST MINUTE GUESTS CONTACT OWNER DIRECTLY AT OWNER'S EMAIL (STANCLAN63@BELLSOUTH.NET) BY LAND LINE (803-407-7661) OR CELL PHONE (828-275-6697 or 803-212-8695) TEXT WITH DATES DESIRED AND # OF GUESTS AND RETURN CONTACT INFO WITH TELEPHONE NUMBER. OTHERWISE FOR ROUTINE INQUIRES PLEASE EMAIL US DIRECTLY OR VIA VRBO.
DAILY RATE QUOTE IS BASED ON 2-3 GUESTS USING MASTER BED ROOM (QUEEN) INCLUDING FUTON IN LIVING ROOM PLUS ALL AMENITIES OF THE HOUSE.
1. $135/DAY DECEMBER THRU APRIL PLUS TAX.
2. $165/DAY MAY THRU NOVEMBER PLUS TAX.
3. TWO EXTRA BEDROOMS (TWO TWIN BEDS AND/OR ONE QUEEN BED) AVAILABLE AT $25(LOW SEASON) TO $35(HIGH SEASON)/NIGHT FOR EACH BEDROOM TO ACCOMODATE ADDITIONAL GUESTS, OTHERWISE THOSE BEDROOMS ARE SECURED.
4. ALL BEDS (5) IN HOUSE DAILY RATE RANGE FROM $185/DAY WINTER TO $235/DAY SPRING SUMMER AND FALL
5. ALL BEDS (5) IN HOUSE WEEKLY RATE WITH 5 PAID DAYS WITH TWO DAYS FREE RANGE FROM $925/WEEK IN WINTER TO $1,175/WEEK IN SPRING, SUMMER AND FALL AND FOR 2-3 GUESTS $675 (WINTER)--$825 (SUMMER/FALL) FOR 1 WEEK USING ONLY MASTER BED AND LIVING ROOM FUTON .
6. $25/WEEK PET FEE PER OWNER’S APPROVAL.
7. ALL RENTAL CHARGES SUBJECT TO 12.00% ROOM TAXES. SEE LINEN DISCOUNT TO AVOID PAYING ROOM TAX.
8. 3 PAGE CONTRACT AND REFUNDABLE SECURITY/DAMAGE DEPOSIT ($250)REQUIRED BEFORE RESERVATION IS CONFIRMED..
AVAILABLE DISCOUNTS (SAVE YOU MONEY)
1. BOOK A 5 DAY STAY & 2 EXTRA DAYS ARE FREE OR CARRY OVER FOR ANOTHER VISIT
2. BOOK 18 DAYS AND STAY 12 EXTRA DAYS FREE FOR A TOTAL OF 30 DAYS.
3. EXTENDED STAYS BEYOND ONE MONTH OWNER WILL NEGOTIATE WITH GUEST FOR A SUPER RATE.
4. ROOM TAX DISCOUNT IF GUESTS PROVIDE THEIR OWN LINENS ( FLAT & FITTED SHEETS, PILLOW CASES, BATH TOWELS/WASH CLOTHS ETC.) THEN THE HOUSE WILL PAY THE 12.00% ROOM TAX. THE HOUSE WILL PROVIDE KITCHEN/TABLE LINEN, MATRESS COVERS, BLANKETS, AND PILLOWS.
5. WASHER AND DRYER NOT AVAILABLE IF LINEN DISCOUNT USED EXCEPT FOR GUESTS THAT STAY MORE THAN 5 CONTINIOUS DAYS.
6. THE LONGER YOU STAY THE MORE FLEXIBLE THE RATE ESPECIALLY FOR MONTHLY PLUS BOOKINGS & IF WILLING TO DO VERY SIMPLE MAINTENANCE TASKS. PLEASE CONTACT OWNER AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE IF CALENDAR IS STILL OPEN FOR EXTENDED STAY REQUESTS.
6. 2-4 DAY RESERVATION ACCEPTED NO EARLIER THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE DESIRED DATE AND RESTRICTED TO 2-3 PEOPLE USING MASTER BED ROOM AND FUTON ONLY UNLESS OWNER APPROVES.
ANY DISCOUNT OFFERED IS AT OWNER'S DISCRETION AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. THE PROPERTY WILL BE ADVERTISED AS AVAILABLE UNTIL A SHORT CONTACT HAS BEEN SIGNED BY THE GUEST, RETURNED AND THE RESERVATION PAID IN FULL UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE. OWNER PLEDGES TO BE FAIR WHEN RECEIVING MULTIPLE REQUESTS FOR THE SAME TIME REALIZING OWNER PRIORITIZES A LONGER STAY REQUEST VERSUS A SHORT STAY REQUEST. WE DO NOT DO INTERNET RESERVATIONS OR USE CREDIT CARDS AT THIS MOMENT. THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING ABBEY RIDGE RETREAT.
ABBEY RIDGE RETREAT
71 ABBEY LANE
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28739
828-275-6697 OWNER CELL PHONE
803-407-7661 LAND LINE WITH ANSWER MACHINE
Abbey Ridge Retreat is a 1700 square foot red brick one level cottage with all amenities available year round for weekends or longer visits. Our view is the central attraction of this seasonal rental. It’s always spectacular, but at sunset the sky can display colors even an artist would have problems capturing as it changes from moment to moment. If you enjoy a vigorous walk for exercise it’s exactly 1 1/2 miles round trip from the top to the main road. The house features motion sensor lights on all sides to light your way and ambiance lighting using solar lights on the front entrance walkway and the rear of the property to light your way and set the mood. Enjoying a gas log fire inside or just sitting in near darkness on the deck watching for shooting stars on clear summer evenings with a suitable beverage and agreeable company is a Master Card 'Priceless' moment. This quiet abode is ideal for romance as there is complete privacy on our cul de sac.
Whatever outdoor activity, attraction, entertainment, restaurants or shopping interests you in WNC it’s easily available within a 10-60 minute drive. To learn what’s happening locally call the Henderson County Tourist Bureau at 800-828-4244 or visit them on 201 South Main Street in Hendersonville. The house has great cell reception and a WiFi network. There is fully equipped kitchen & fridge with ice maker.
Abbey Ridge is located 5 miles west of Hendersonville on Hwy 64 West in the Horseshoe/Mills River Communities. There is easy access to the property via a paved two lane road, but winter visitors should be advised snow and ice are frequent visitors from November thru March. We recommend “four” or “all wheel drive” vehicles for a winter visit. At least one guest must be 25 years of age unless all guests are 21 years of age or older. Owner will discuss an exception for each rental period.
Abbey Ridge is on one level making it accessible for wheel chairs though assistance may be needed. The property is in a virtual mountain forest with Oak, Pine, Cedar and Maple trees, but close in there is a grass lawn with Mountain Laurel and Azaleas for greenery. There is wildlife with turkey, squirrels, raccoons, opossum, deer, humming birds and there are stories of bear sightings. There are “once in awhile mosquitoes“ spiders and reptiles so watch where you walk or put your hands.
The Abbess, Lady Margaret from England will greet you as you enter. Her likeness was made from rubbing the brass cover that has graced her tomb for 500 years. She is your hostess in spirit as she bids you welcome as in olden days when abbeys were required to put up travelers and provide a simple supper. I, like the Abbess, bid you welcome as we both say, “Peace be unto you.” We hope to see you on the ridge.
PHILIP STANLEY DDS
ABBEY RIDGE RETREAT
71 ABBEY LANE
HENDERSONVILLE, NC 28739
CELL 828-275-6697 EMAIL email@example.com
Keywords: Red Brick 1 Level Country Brick Cottage-Wheel Chair Friendly-Open Year Round-Central Location to Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard, Flat Rock, Blue Ridge Parkway, Dupont Falls, Chimney Rock, Biltmore, Lake Lure-Romantic-Quiet Solitude-Private
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
- 1700 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Any age as long as there is one responsible guest 25 years or older. If all guests are 21 years or older no restrictions. Responsible guest will provide a list of all guests by name and age....moreless
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Pets are not an automatic. I lean toward allowing pets, but I need to discuss it with guest to be sure Abbey Ridge is suitable for owner's comfort zone and guest's assurances alike. Let's tak about it and decide what's best. There is now an Invisible Fence in place. You bring your control box, collar and hook it up....moreless
There are no steps to get into house if you go around house on path to deck in rear to enter back door. All locks work with same key and there are motion detector lights that operate when you enter area....moreless
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Easy drive mountain 2-lane paved access road especially if you arrive at night or in a driving rain, However RV’s & trailers discouraged since no easy turn around areas and on street parking prohibited,. Ample off road parking for 3 Vehicles-Fire Pit with Wood Provided, but Bring Matches, 20 minutes to Dupont Falls, Brevard, Pisgah Forest for Sliding Rock, Looking Glass Falls, Cradle of Forestry, Trout Hatchery, Pisgah Inn for lunch/dinner with spectacular view at reasonable prices, easy summit hike to Mt. Pisgah to see Cold Mountain and Blue Ridge Parkway, 30 minutes to Asheville, Biltmore Estate, French Broad River Canoe Trips, Chimney Rock, Lake Lure, 45-60 minutes to Waynesville, Bryson City for White Water Kayaks, Cherokee Casino/Reservation with “Unto These Hills” summer outdoor evening play about the Cherokee Nation, Gas Fireplace for romantic evening with a glass of wine and significant other. Would be a great place for a wedding....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
(2) 46 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV and two smaller TV's for video/games. House provides DVD and VHS Player and Guest Sets Players up. Look in Cabinet Drawer to left of Fireplace for DVD Player and Cables....moreless
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Computer Available:
- Covered Parking:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
LIVING AND FAMILY SIDE BY SIDE AS LARGE OPEN SPACE WITH 3 SOFAS, LOVE SEAT, 4 AMPLE SIZE CHAIRS, DESK WITH CHAIR, TV/ENTERTAINMENT AREA AND ENTRANCE FOYER. FIRE PLACE ,PICTURE WINDOW WITH VIEW AREA...moreless
Parking Off Street:
Ample Room for 4 Vehicles on property. RV'S, but Trailers are discouraged since no turn areas provided and off street parking not permitted to keep narrow road open for wide service vehicles....moreless
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Deck / Patio:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Summer and Fall 2016
May 1 - Nov 30, 2016
2 night min stay
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2017
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $30 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $25
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Tax Rate 11.75%
A 3 DAY RESERVATION FOR GROUPS OF 2 OR MORE GUESTS CAN BE MADE 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO SELECTED DATES. A 2 DAY RESERVATION REQUEST FOR 2-3 GUESTS ACCEPTED WITHIN 1 WEEK OF DESIRED DATE WITH A LAST MINUTE REQUEST DISCOUNT. ONLY MASTER BED ROOM AND FUTON AVAILABLE FOR LAST MINUTE RESERVATION REQUEST. RATES AND TERMS SUBJECT TO CHANGE SO BE SURE TO ASK OWNER FOR DETAILS AND SPECIALS WHEN MAKING INQUIRES.
DEPOSIT NEGOTIABLE TO MAKE RESERVATION THAN BALANCE DUE 2 WEEKS BEFORE DATE OF RESERVATION DATE. GUEST MAY CANCEL UP TO 3O DAYS BEFORE FOR $50 REFUND FEE. TO CANCEL WITHIN 29 DAYS OF RESERVATION FOR $300 OR 3.34% OF DEPOSIT PER DAY OF BALANCE REMAINING OR WHATEVER IS GREATER WILL BE CHARGED UNTIL DATE OF RESERVATION. IF ENTIRE DEPOSIT LOST OWNER MAY OFFER A CREDIT DEPENDING ON OWNER'S DISCRETION.
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
CHIMNEY ROCK PARK
CARL SANDBURG HOME
BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY
PISGAH INN ON BLUE RIDGE PKY.
SUMMIT MT. PISGAH 2ND HIGHEST MT. EAST OF MISSISSIPPI
CHEROKEE RESERVATION "UNTO THESE HILLS" SUMMER PLAY
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: The Owner/Manager is a retired Military Officer who still does consulting work on the side. He retired from active duty in 1993 and moved to Mills River to allow his children to grow up in a safe and 1950's type of environment. The kids are grown, gone, employed and doing well. The property was bought in 2009 and has been restored to life from Crawl Space to Roof. The owner does much of the work himself especially the garden and as a hands-on owner who will do his best to be sure you enjoy your visit to the fullest. Call him just to chew the fat about what to do and see as WNC is a great place to visit and to live.
Why the Owner Chose Hendersonville, NC, USA:
It's an investment for the future and the grand children. What's more important is an opportunity to share this property with visitors as our little piece of heaven to those who want more than a Holiday Inn experience. Enjoy all the comforts of home, have an attractive view, lots of nearby activities to entertain you and to meet the incredible very hospitable people of western North Carolina.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Peace, serenity and an opportunity abound at Abbey Ridge to restore and to renew the mind, the body and the spirit before returning to an 8 to 5 world.
- Primary: +1 (828)-275-6697 Owner's Cell Call or Text Only
- Tertiary: +1 8032128695
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - The Biltmore Estate-The Jewel of Western North Carolina
- CLICK HERE - Dupont State Forest Water Falls
- CLICK HERE - Sliding Rock-A joy for all ages
- CLICK HERE - God made our mountains, valleys and water falls. Come see the glory of his creation.
- CLICK HERE - I am a Western North Carolinian!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Spring at Abbey Ridge Retreat showing nature's renewal after winter's sting.
Where the heavens kiss the peaks at Abbey Ridge Retreat.
Summer Shade or Winter Sun provides comfort at Abbey Ridge Retreat.
Covered Porch facing south at Abbey Ridge.
Master BR Queen View from 2 Windows Plus Quiet Sweet Dreams
Kid's Room with two standard twin beds at Abbey Ridge.
Sofa/Futon arranged just so for toasting toes and enjoying a movie from library.
Family area for conversation, enjoying the view or watching the 46 inch DIRECTV
COVERED FRONT PROCH WITH BEST SEAT IN HOUSE AND BBQ GRILL.
Nearby sliding rock on Hwy 176 entertains as a participant or an observer.
30 Minutes to Trailhead for Mt. Pisgah Summit Hike and View of Cold Mountain.
Majestic skies always astound us with its color, design and awe.
Winter's Beauty Provides the Ultimate in Quiet Solitude at Abbey Ridge Retreat.
Wash the Dishes and Enjoy the View from a Fully Equiped Kitchen.
Abbey Ridge is where the sky and mountains come to play so come and join the fun
REAR OF COTTAGE WITH DECK FACING THE VIEW AREA WITH SUMMER SHADE AND WINTER SUN.
Second Queen bed at Abbey Ridge.
Futon (full/Double) by the fireplace for an extra bed with bedside lamp.
Are you ready for some football?
W&D IN ATTACHED DOUBLE GARAGE WITH REMOTE FOR EASY ENTRY JUST IN CASE FOR RAIN.
MAGNIFICANT LOOKING GLASS FALLS ON WAY TO BLUE RIDGE PKY & PISGAH INN FOR LUNCH.
Mile Long 2 Lane Private Easy Access Road to the Top of Abbey Ridge & Solitude.
Wild Brush Fires Across the French Broad River Valley.
Islands in the Clouds on Abbey Ridge
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Sunday, July 24, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
- Property typeCottage
Request to book
- Response time Within 12 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 07/22/2016
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Travel with peace of mind.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.